English Football

Clemdog

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

Agreed, don't think we will ever see Lennon ever managing a team into the top 4.

No hope. He takes over teams and dismantles them entirely when he gets the opportunity to put his own stamp on them. 

That celtic team were a nightmare when Rodgers was in charge and we weren’t laying a glove on them. 10 happened if he stayed imo, and that will make him even more hated by them than he already was for leaving 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No hope. He takes over teams and dismantles them entirely when he gets the opportunity to put his own stamp on them. 

That celtic team were a nightmare when Rodgers was in charge and we weren’t laying a glove on them. 10 happened if he stayed imo, and that will make him even more hated by them than he already was for leaving 

I think the shift began under Rodgers, look at the players they started giving him compared to who he wanted.(Shved) We were starting to get results, he was smart and jumped before putting his reputation on the line.

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Literally did the opposite of what you’re taught at school boy level to come out and make yourself big in those situations :lol:

At the time I thought there was maybe a Liverpool player square meaning he didn't want to commit...

Not a player in sight, fucking madness, made it so easy for Salah. 

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think the shift began under Rodgers, look at the players they started giving him compared to who he wanted.(Shved) We were starting to get results, he was smart and jumped before putting his reputation on the line.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't detest him like many other ex scum managers/players but still dislike him. Also, the scum were stagnating under him, we beat them 1-0 in December and were only 3 points behind. Also they were not destroying everyone like before, relying on late goals. 

His signings were also pretty poor with the likes of Burke, Weah, Mulumbu, Bayo, Izzaguirre etc. He knew it was time to leave and jumped shipped. 

They weren’t getting the results they were getting beforehand but they were still much stronger than they have been in the last couple of years. I don’t think they’d have threw the 10 away like they have with him still in charge 

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

They needed a rebuild job the summer after Rodgers left (2019) and with his transfer record that could have went either way. He's a great manager, I've no issue admitting that, but a large part of his success at the tims was zero competition. The season they won the double treble was terrible. They went from 106pts 16/17 to 82, whereas we finished with a measley 3 points more than we did the previous season finishing on 70. 

They dropped 24 points and we could only get 3 more from what we finished on during the 16/17 season.  

They were shite, we were much, much worse.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

They needed a rebuild job the summer after Rodgers left (2019) and with his transfer record that could have went either way. He's a great manager, I've no issue admitting that, but a large part of his success at the tims was zero competition. The season they won the double treble was terrible. They went from 106pts 16/17 to 82, whereas we finished with a measley 3 points more than we did the previous season finishing on 70. 

They dropped 24 points and we could only get 3 more from what we finished on during the 16/17 season.  

They needed to bring new bodies in but I don’t feel it would have ended in the disaster it has done if he’d stayed. 

We have been brilliant this season there’s no doubt about it, but we played with very little pressure on us for a long time in the league aswell because they have been quite simply shambolic 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

They needed to bring new bodies in but I don’t feel it would have ended in the disaster it has done if he’d stayed. 

We have been brilliant this season there’s no doubt about it, but we played with very little pressure on us for a long time in the league aswell because they have been quite simply shambolic 

Maybe, maybe not. 

Agreed. I doubt it would be done the now if he was still there.