Dave King and Board

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll never be happy with DK I wish he would leave the club tbh, imo he only got MW because of the DW connection. MW has saved them a lot of stick and had it not been for him then we would be talking about getting rid of DK and his board. He was hanging about when DM was here and make no mistake he wants the money he supposedly put in the first time around. He's a liar and nothing else. We might spend 1.8 million in a player spread over 2 years who is 29 years old big fucking deal it's the least he could do after all his Shite to get us to 43000 STs. So no for me. What about the way the board handled the hampden fiasco? Folk banned b4 they were guilty and these are ppl who have followed Rangers through thick and thin and all over Europe, still a no from me 

10 hours ago, Vanoli said:

A quality of center back and i'll be close to coming around. 3 positions badly needed filled for us to win the league. Holding midfield- stumped up the wages for Barton and Rossiter. Striker- looks like we're putting good money on the table for a player the gaffer wants. Center half - Clint Hill and Senderos isnt good enough, I'm sorry. If Senderos proves to be what we need and we sort it out back there my praise will go to him and Mark Warburton - because even though the Garner deal proves there is some money there, Senderos being our first choice for a problem position shows that there isnt as much as King promised. If we win this league with those 2 as free transfers being the only additions to our defence it'll be an achievement alongside Walter winning 3 in a row when we went 2 years without paying a fee. 

We spent close to 6m in the 3IAR season

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup well done the board in spending the season ticket money the fans paid into the club,

outstanding dedication from them and no one else, record season ticket sales with a price increase did this, nothing else

Glad to see you have came round and are backing Dave now Jimbo.:541:

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

:DThere real hero's to the legions eh

40 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is spending our money and you know it Coop

Money to cover operating costs, money for staff and players wages, money for building an operating infrastructure, money for scouting etc etc. and now more money being spent on transfer fees...unfortunately, the ST money doesn't cover all of that and until we're generating other income streams for our benefit then I'm not sure it will.  Until then, the board are doing what they said they'd do.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Money to cover operating costs, money for staff and players wages, money for building an operating infrastructure, money for scouting etc etc. and now more money being spent on transfer fees...unfortunately, the ST money doesn't cover all of that and until we're generating other income streams for our benefit then I'm not sure it will.  Until then, the board are doing what they said they'd do.

The trouble with generating other income streams is that Scottish football isn't exactly a very attractive proposition to major money players and in house there are only so many avenues you can exploit throughout the fan base.We are where we are and we are going to have to deal with it.

20 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

The trouble with generating other income streams is that Scottish football isn't exactly a very attractive proposition to major money players and in house there are only so many avenues you can exploit throughout the fan base.We are where we are and we are going to have to deal with it.

For the moment, we're also hamstrung by less than favourable commercial deals.  Once these are dealt with we've half a chance of being self sustainable (another thing that King said that is conveniently forgotten), with the icing being producing our own players that genuinely become an additional revenue stream, even for those that don't make our first team.  It's a long road to full recovery but I believe we're on the right track.

6 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Don't underestimate just how important this seasons season ticket money is, the response from the fans has been sensational and any transfer fees and wages paid is a credit to all who got a season book

We should be proud

No we should t we should let DK and his board take credit for everything after all he is a Rangers man 

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

For the moment, we're also hamstrung by less than favourable commercial deals.  Once these are dealt with we've half a chance of being self sustainable (another thing that King said that is conveniently forgotten), with the icing being producing our own players that genuinely become an additional revenue stream, even for those that don't make our first team.  It's a long road to full recovery but I believe we're on the right track.

That as may be as far as the merchandise deal goes but again it is what it is and we have to deal with it.I totally agree with you regarding producing our own players etc but this is going to take time.It is going to take time and patience to get back to the top but we will get back there.as a great man once said "Never fear,inevitably we shall have our years of failure,and when they arrive we must reveal tolerance and sanity" some would do well to remember those words.Only my opinion of course.

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

the biggest deal, we are hamstrung in, is media

alas we have the most lightweight board going so the day we refuse to play ball, with the spfl and take our rights back will be a long time coming

only when we control our own rights, or alas pool them solely with the filth, will we get a decent annual wedge

1 minute ago, thehost said:

the biggest deal, we are hamstrung in, is media

alas we have the most lightweight board going so the day we refuse to play ball, with the spfl and take our rights back will be a long time coming

only when we control our own rights, or alas pool them solely with the filth, will we get a decent annual wedge

I agree re media deal but we can't fight everything on all fronts at the same time.  That's a long-standing issue that's been the same for ever...not just for us either.  Ideally, there are two options to improve that situation, either fight our way out of the SPFL media deal and go on our own or leave the league behind.   I know what my preference is but either will be difficult to achieve.

Scottish Football is finished money wise, all the Sky money goes into English football. Even when we get back to the top, we will never be able to compete money wise, and our only hope will be to reach group stages of Champions league. Our days of buying top class players are over, unless someone with lots of money buy our club.

18 minutes ago, minstral said:

Scottish Football is finished money wise, all the Sky money goes into English football. Even when we get back to the top, we will never be able to compete money wise, and our only hope will be to reach group stages of Champions league. Our days of buying top class players are over, unless someone with lots of money buy our club.

British League or us joining England I think is the only way we will ever see the past glory days

Even a billionaire wouldn't do it because that is just wasting money, at least in England they can pay stupid money back just by a TV deal

The English league is great but it just fucks everyone else up