Searching for a whipping boy.

The Educator

Such a pity that some on here are doing their best to talk players down after only a few games, catch a grip and get behind the team. Anybody who honestly thought we'd be coming in to this league and turning sides over four or five nil were missing the fact that these teams will play harder against us than in any other games they'll play between now and next May. The way this season has been set up was to stop us from bedding in a new team before we play the Mhanks and give them an edge with a team that is a lot more settled.

Until we get everybody fit and get into our stride player performances will vary from game to game. So those who seem to be looking for whipping boy for the season pack it in.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

There seems to be a good few posters on here that have already decided Halliday is the new Jig. 

I've noticed that. Some people just don't seem to want to see the work that he puts in every time he pulls on that jersey. I have been really impressed with Halliday so far, he seems to want to fight for his place in the team. Another poster said sometimes someone sees a big name, ie Barton, and that's enough to make that player do no wrong, well for me Halliday has more than matched Barton on the pitch so far.

Imho there's no need for a whipping boy. I believe the team are trying to master 4-3-3 before our return to European football. If we can master this formation then we have a fighting chance of winning the cup. We have a small window of opportunity to master it and as long as were getting the 3 points i'm happy for them to try. They are going to get it wrong at times but they'll learn from it and we need to be patient and not put unnecessary pressure on them.

10 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

There seems to be a good few posters on here that have already decided Halliday is the new Jig. 

I like Halliday and don't have any criticism. he always gives you his all(same as Kenny) but I just don't think either are good enough to be regularly in our starting 11 now with the players brought in.  I have no doubt both will contribute positively this season( they already have). 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Imho there's no need for a whipping boy. I believe the team are trying to master 4-3-3 before our return to European football. If we can master this formation then we have a fighting chance of winning the cup. We have a small window of opportunity to master it and as long as were getting the 3 points i'm happy for them to try. They are going to get it wrong at times but they'll learn from it and we need to be patient and not put unnecessary pressure on them.

Of course there is no need for one, but our support has always had at least one guy they give pelters to (unnecessarily often the case) for as long as I've been going to Ibrox. Does my fucking nut in 

16 minutes ago, The Educator said:

Such a pity that some on here are doing their best to talk players down after only a few games, catch a grip and get behind the team. Anybody who honestly thought we'd be coming in to this league and turning sides over four or five nil were missing the fact that these teams will play harder against us than in any other games they'll play between now and next May. The way this season has been set up was to stop us from bedding in a new team before we play the Mhanks and give them an edge with a team that is a lot more settled.

Until we get everybody fit and get into our stride player performances will vary from game to game. So those who seem to be looking for whipping boy for the season pack it in.

I think everyone is pretty fit - and to be honest fitness is NOT going to be what wins us games this season - its just a basic building block and every other team will have players just as fit as ours. 

Where I agree you are right is this search for negativity and a whipping boy - RM is wired into negativity - a lot of the high volume posters seem to equate nit-picking and negativity as supportive. 

We also have a lot of new players, we have stepped up to a different level of opposition and despite all the 'negativity' we are unbeaten after 3 games. But muy goodness folk do like to moan on here.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbh, i think the manager has picked the wrong team in our 3 games.

Halliday is being asked to be the goalscoring midfielder which i dont think is fair on him.

Barton is being asked to play a different position than he played last year.

Totally agree I think if Barton and Rossiter both start then he needs to switch their roles around with Joey sitting dictating and using Rossiters obvious energy to get about the park and win the ball higher up. Also I think Krancjar will be better coming off the bench(when players tire slightly) when we need someone to unlock a defence in a tight game. I would then play Harry, Windass or Holt as my third starting midfielder depending on form.

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Of course there is no need for one, but our support has always had at least one guy they give pelters to (unnecessarily often the case) for as long as I've been going to Ibrox. Does my fucking nut in 

and mine. It's okay for people to have an opinion so long as it doesn't effect the players performance. When that sort of pressure happens I feel for any youth wanting to get a place on the first team. Being supportive to me is showing the team encouragement when things are not going well.

There's certain players regardless of how they play will always be the targets for some.We have a thread about one of those players Halliday.Was going to say that I don't see a thread about how poor McKay was but edited post as I see there is one about BM but or how poor Wallace was.There a certain players who will always be targets for some and they have been since MW brought them to the club.Some have even been judged as " only squad" players before they have even arrived.

OK OP.

Tell me which player has excelled over the 3 games? Who has hit pass marks in each game even? Has the manager's team selection impressed you?

The preseason was partially set for us but we chose elements of it too. Ie a trip to USA for 1game.

I think the fact there's threads critical of Miller Barton McKay Halliday Niko Wilson Kiernan show the dissatisfaction across the board not for one particular whipping boy. 

If you are happy with what you've seen, and to drop more points until we improve - by which time it's likely too late to claw points back - you fill your boots. Second is probably a success for you this season. 

I expect more individually and collectively now. And I don't think preseason or 11 new players are anything other than excuses based on what I've seen.

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think everyone is pretty fit - and to be honest fitness is NOT going to be what wins us games this season - its just a basic building block and every other team will have players just as fit as ours. 

Where I agree you are right is this search for negativity and a whipping boy - RM is wired into negativity - a lot of the high volume posters seem to equate nit-picking and negativity as supportive. 

We also have a lot of new players, we have stepped up to a different level of opposition and despite all the 'negativity' we are unbeaten after 3 games. But muy goodness folk do like to moan on here.

Short term points does not equate to long term success. Your hero got us a league season undefeated, look how that panned out.

We were minutes from having only 5 points from 9, from which 2 games were at home against 2 teams likely to be in the bottom 3.

What's to moan about eh?

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Its a Rangers forum BP - where Rangers fans will come in and the "chew the fat" over all things Rangers. Some will be positive, some negative & some nit picking.

The general feeling on our bus is that we have been poor in our opening 3 games by our own standards - so the views reflected on here are not exlusive to RM.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Short term points does not equate to long term success. Your hero got us a league season undefeated, look how that panned out.

We were minutes from having only 5 points from 9, from which 2 games were at home against 2 teams likely to be in the bottom 3.

What's to moan about eh?

Exactly - what is there to moan about.

Imagine MOANING about a manager going unbeaten (done to death so lets not revisit).

Imagine moaning about being unbeaten this season in competitive games! 

Your 'imagination' is seeing a loss yesterday when the reality was a WIN. You are imagining how many points we could have lost instead of enjoying the fact we won. To trot out the old cliche a game lasts until the final whistle - we won! 

What's to moan about eh?

31 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Dave McPherson & Craig Patterson spring to mind.

I agree with the OP there was some mental shouts round about my seat yesterday. Litterally from kick off a guy behind me was screaming that Halliday was shite, the team was shite, everything was shite. It's understandable to be frustrated at times but we don't need cunts like that in our support. He left at half time thank fuck a few bears were getting noised up by his shite! 

Of course you are going to get people moaning and singling people out, we have carried over a lot of problems from last season, we have brought some players in that have pushed regular into positions they don't know.

We have went from getting 20 shots to barely getting any, yet we still spend more than the majority of aides in the league. 

The one good thing I have seen it the players determination to win seems to be there, but I seem to prefer the team we finish with, rather the team that is starting.

6 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Its a Rangers forum BP - where Rangers fans will come in and the "chew the fat" over all things Rangers. Some will be positive, some negative & some nit picking.

The general feeling on our bus is that we have been poor in our opening 3 games by our own standards - so the views reflected on here are not exlusive to RM.

By the same token nor as they as well balanced on here - the folk I was with enjoyed the fact that we kept driving on to the end and won the game - one of the hall marks of our great teams of the past is that we never gave up. Many I chatted to also said how well we played (but just needed a goal scorer). My experience is that busses are quite quiet after a defeat I suspect many on your bus enjoyed the win and were positive about some aspects of the game and were probably buzzing from the last minute win. Your a man that purports to like balance, and thats all I would like to see - a bit more balance through less negativity.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Exactly - what is there to moan about.

Imagine MOANING about a manager going unbeaten (done to death so lets not revisit).

Imagine moaning about being unbeaten this season in competitive games! 

Your 'imagination' is seeing a loss yesterday when the reality was a WIN. You are imagining how many points we could have lost instead of enjoying the fact we won. To trot out the old cliche a game lasts until the final whistle - we won! 

What's to moan about eh?

I enjoyed the fact we won. From relief. At beating Motherwell at home.

It masks over cracks though of poor management selections, poor individual play by many, and poor collective play.

You are happy and celebrate away. Accepting unacceptable performances and dropped points.

Hiding behind stats and defending against any criticism, as usual, at all costs.  Typically oblivious to the obvious issues.

1 minute ago, eddierfc said:

I agree with the OP there was some mental shouts round about my seat yesterday. Litterally from kick off a guy behind me was screaming that Halliday was shite, the team was shite, everything was shite. It's understandable to be frustrated at times but we don't need cunts like that in our support. He left at half time thank fuck a few bears were getting noised up by his shite! 

Might have been the guy on the phone in yesterday who phoned in to say he was disgusted and fucked off at half time to watch the second half at his neighbours who was watching it on a stream? Takes all sorts right enough.

The Barton / Rossiter issue isn't helping our current form, its obvious they both need to be playing the same role.

Barton is the one now playing out of position (he ended up out on the wings a couple of times as well yesterday) and its not helping his game.

Is it a case that they never realised what level Rossiter was at and we are now trying to fit both in and its effecting things?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I enjoyed the fact we won. From relief. At beating Motherwell at home.

It masks over cracks though of poor management selections, poor individual play by many, and poor collective play.

You are happy and celebrate away. Accepting unacceptable performances and dropped points.

Hiding behind stats and defending against any criticism, as usual, at all costs.  Typically oblivious to the obvious issues.

I see a team winning but one I recognise that's in transition - that's moving on from last season and has increased the quality of the squad. 

Your right I choose to enjoy the win - the fact we are unbeaten and I have faith in the management team. I also recognise that we have no right to win games - we have to go out and make it happen - and that's what we did yesterday - made the win happen!

You are right - I choose to enjoy these times, I choose to look for the positive rather than the negative and I choose to be supportive rather than critical at every opportunity. Your choices are different!