jorg albertz

torquay gers

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

Apsolutley 

Can say a few things about Alpertz, but one thing for sure is the guy apsolutely knew how to hit the net from any range, his mazy runs back to back against the scum will be remembered for the rest of our days

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Can say a few things about Alpertz, but one thing for sure is the guy apsolutely knew how to hit the net from any range, his mazy runs back to back against the scum will be remembered for the rest of our days

Don't forget he knocked out Lambert's teeth aswell ?

3 minutes ago, Lord Summerisle said:

I was worried that time when four of Lamberts teeth done a bad tackle on his knee. Thankfully the big man suffered no lasting effects

image.jpeg

It was a miracle he never got rabies if I'm being honest 

I witnessed in the flesh Albertz first ever free-kick goal for Rangers.  It was a long time ago and I can barely remember it but it was a screamer. 

Wanted him to burst the net against Celtic and when he did it I was going mental.  One of the best ever goals I've seen scored for Rangers.

24 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

I would have him ahead of laudrup and actually think he was a bit under rated as a player he was a top player for me 

Agree, noticed you didn't say Gazza, who just edges it for me.

Fantastic player and servant to us who provided many a happy day. The buzz you would get when he picked the ball up anywhere within 30 yards of goal or when we won a free kick. Scored some memorable goals in big games both domestically and also in Europe. One of the purest strikers of a ball you will ever see. Fucking mesmerising how true and straight he could hit it.

Better than Laudrup though? That's plenty IMO.....