4 new academy signings

Skyson1872

Ursene Mouanda played in a couple of pre season games - Holding midfielder and looked decent - joined from County Durham Boys Club New Hartley Juniors.

Amin Abaradan Bouzaig also played pre-season - a winger, did okay without excelling

Serge Atakayi was in the squad that played in South Africa - I believe he is a winger

Myles Beerman played in a game at Ibrox at the end of last season as a winger (not full-back) - showed some good skills.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Tarrier :disappointment:

Meh. So was McCann and Mojo etc, if he does a job for a few years and gets a decent price tag I'll be more than happy to see him leave (If we sign him in the first place)

14 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

Ursene Mouanda played in a couple of pre season games - Holding midfielder and looked decent - joined from County Durham Boys Club New Hartley Juniors.

Amin Abaradan Bouzaig also played pre-season - a winger, did okay without excelling

Serge Atakayi was in the squad that played in South Africa - I believe he is a winger

Myles Beerman played in a game at Ibrox at the end of last season as a winger (not full-back) - showed some good skills.

Can't even find any videos of them playing other than Atakayi. I assume Bouzaig and Mouanda will go on loan in maybe January as they are closer to 20, at least gives them a few months to adapt to our playstyle and living in Scotland. 

Welcome to The Rangers lads! Think it's clear MW knows he needs to develop promising young players that maybe have fallen just short of winning contracts at Man City and Leicester, for example. That appears to be the longer term plan. Potentially, we get a young, dynamic team which is more reflective of what we had last season, albeit in the Championship, plus we may be able to sell them on for big bucks in a few seasons if they make the grade here.

This season must have been a real headache for the gaffer because he realises the need to improve dramatically to challenge the taigs. He also realises we've not got the readies to spend big so he's been forced to compromise his philosophy by recruiting older players with lots of experience but who are slowing down, shall we say. This policy goes against Warburton's previous statements on "adding value", "keeping the average age of the team down" and "minimum squad size so no one feels sidelined"! I get the feeling he's brought the older guys in more in the hope that they can see us challenge than feeling confident in young, vibrant players that he'd obviously prefer! He's just cutting his cloth due to us not having the finances to compete in a massively inflated market! He's, in a way, fighting with one arm tied behind his back and it's not of his doing (just ask King)...to his credit, he's just getting on with it! We need to give him time because, who knows, maybe this will still be our season...have faith! 

10 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but if @Elfideldo doesn't sound optimistic about these guys then it's probably no big deal?

Haven't seen enough of them to really express an opinion.

Ursene Mouanda I have seen in 1 1/2 games. Half game was against a poor Airdrie side in a 9-0 win.

Serge Atakayi as far as I'm aware only played in South Africa so I haven't seen him.

Myles Beerman I have seen once

Amin  Bouzaig is one of two trialists from pre -season. If he is who I think he is - he played wide right and I saw him twice - If its the other player he played on the left and I saw him once.

2 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Ursene Mouanda I have seen in 1 1/2 games. Half game was against a poor Airdrie side in a 9-0 win.

Serge Atakayi as far as I'm aware only played in South Africa so I haven't seen him.

Amin  Bouzaig is one of two trialists from pre -season. If he is who I think he is - he played wide right and I saw him twice - If its the other player he played on the left and I saw him once.

Glad that's all cleared up Danny mcgrain

It's good we are scouting these young talents but find it difficult to get excited about them as they never seem to come close to the first team, like ever.

It's very difficult to tell at that age if they will be worth it, or not. How many players through the years have looked amazing or had rave reviews for the reserves/youths and they end up playing in the Scottish lower leagues?

That said, it's got to change sometime - let's hope it's one of these guys. Why not?

2 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Thanks for the feedback mate! (tu)