Missing Holt

Nieto11878

Cant help but think after watching the games this season that we are missing the sharp quick short passing that allowed us to dominate teams even Celtic. Noticed on Friday against Killie Barton was trying 40 and 50 yard passes last season hardly ever saw a long pass. I have concluded that we are missing Holt he is kinda the link man makes the angles runs of the strikers without him the options for retaining the ball or opening up space are limited. I saw today he is back in training hopefully gets minutes tomorrow against linfield and back in contention for the game next week. thoughts ?

Missing the wee man badly, he was my POTY last season. He gives you his all and is the link between midfield and attack we've so badly been missing this season

He has the potential to turn in to one of Scotland's top midfielders if he can keep himself fit and remain under the right stewardship, bearing in mind the guy is only 23, he's just starting out!

Holt is the missing bolt in the engine room of our team.

(That was pish)

Seriously though,the wee mans runs and the timing of said runs adds a whole new dimension to our play.

Without him we look stagnant in the middle.

It would be interesting to see him and Niko in the middle with Holt creating the space eith a run for Niko to open opposition up with a pass.

Warburton said it was bruising on his foot/ankle and he was expecting him out for another few days (that was a week ago) 

Hopefully we see a bit of him against Linfield but sadly the OF will probably be too soon

24 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I like Holt but he hardly touches the ball some games, the SC final he gave us nothing

Can't be any worse than what we had so far this season

This. The man we are missing the most is windass, another like holt who won't be match fit for the vermin game

35 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I like Holt but he hardly touches the ball some games, the SC final he gave us nothing

Can't be any worse than what we had so far this season

No coincidence that Holts drop in form coincided with the whole team going of the boil last season, with Holt and Windass back and playing well we will have that drive in midfield back that we are sadly missing. 

25 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Agree. We are missing Holt and Windass as they are the players that add energy and creativity. We will be a different team with them, in my opinion.

don't forget Forrester, but I agree - our midfield trio works best with the point towards the defenders and two players supporting the attack. 

Even when he doesn't touch the ball I think he has a lot of influence in the game. The positions he picks up are phenomenal at times and it drags defenders away. Wee man never stops running as well and gives us a certain degree of intensity which we have missed badly this season. Hope to fuck he is fit for the tarriers game but Warburton won't risk him, which is a shame 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

This. The man we are missing the most is windass, another like holt who won't be match fit for the vermin game

Just out of curiosity, how can we be missing a player who has only played about 30mins of football for us "the most"?