This one will take longer to heal, and longer to fix

Jimfanciesthedude

Yesterday hurt, it hurt like fuck, still does and will continue to do so for the next god knows how long, and part of that is because imo the light at the end of the tunnel is fucking miles away

Ive seen some on here say its happened before we'll recover, others saying we've lost before and we'll lose again, dust ourselves off etc, but if they are honest with themselves they will see that we have never suffered such a devastating blow in an old firm game, for a number of reasons

Ive seen us lose by 4 goals to that mob 3 times now, Venglos did it, The leprechaun did it and now the tranny lover did it, but yesterdays leaves me feeling more dread than the other two combined

Venglos' win was a freak result in a season where we won the league at their shitehole and dominated scottish football, it was hard but it meant nothing, we stayed top after it and remained there for the season

O'Neills win hurt like fuck because as champions we were dismantled, however the squad was still full of experienced pros and winners, Fergie, Tugay, Dodds, Klos, Albertz, Reyna amongst others, that squad took a beating but you knew the squad had ability at this level, eventually it needed a managerial change to get the bets out of them but it was a squad brimming with talent that just got battered on the day

Our squad now has neither of the above reasons to fall back on, the result has been coming, and our squad neither has the experience or the ability of playing at this level, Miller and perhaps Wallace aside, who else has played in a squad where every single game is a must win

Barton: nope, mid table jobber guy who played for teams that if they lost it was expected most of the time
Krancjar: same as above
Senderos: Arsenal aside, same again, and he was routinely slaughtered at arsenal for being shite
Hill: As above

Thats the experienced guys, next we have the likes of Tav (no digs at him for yesterday, he got pass marks), waghorn, windass (same as tav), forrester, kiernan, garner, mckay, MoH and the rest of the squad, all these guys have never once played in a team where every pass, move and decision is scrutinised, every action is viewed a million times, every mistake is slaughtered to hell and back, they dont know pressure, will to win, the need to overcome the odds, thats our problem right there

When PLG tried his outlook on the game, he was found out pretty sharpish, and when Walter came back the first thing he did was install leaders and fighters, guys who knew the scottish game and guys who would stand toe to toe with our enemies and go for it instead of hiding, Walter also got money to fix the issues as well, Thomson, Davis, Cuellar amongst other signings

Make no mistake, i will fight for my club until my final days, but i will be realistic as well, this squad doesnt have the necessary experience or fight to go with their ability to win this title, no matter how much we think warburton can tinker with it

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yesterday hurt, it hurt like fuck, still does and will continue to do so for the next god knows how long, and part of that is because imo the light at the end of the tunnel is fucking miles away

Ive seen some on here say its happened before we'll recover, others saying we've lost before and we'll lose again, dust ourselves off etc, but if they are honest with themselves they will see that we have never suffered such a devastating blow in an old firm game, for a number of reasons

Ive seen us lose by 4 goals to that mob 3 times now, Venglos did it, The leprechaun did it and now the tranny lover did it, but yesterdays leaves me feeling more dread than the other two combined

Venglos' win was a freak result in a season where we won the league at their shitehole and dominated scottish football, it was hard but it meant nothing, we stayed top after it and remained there for the season

O'Neills win hurt like fuck because as champions we were dismantled, however the squad was still full of experienced pros and winners, Fergie, Tugay, Dodds, Klos, Albertz, Reyna amongst others, that squad took a beating but you knew the squad had ability at this level, eventually it needed a managerial change to get the bets out of them but it was a squad brimming with talent that just got battered on the day

Our squad now has neither of the above reasons to fall back on, the result has been coming, and our squad neither has the experience or the ability of playing at this level, Miller and perhaps Wallace aside, who else has played in a squad where every single game is a must win

Barton: nope, mid table jobber guy who played for teams that if they lost it was expected most of the time
Krancjar: same as above
Senderos: Arsenal aside, same again, and he was routinely slaughtered at arsenal for being shite
Hill: As above

Thats the experienced guys, next we have the likes of Tav (no digs at him for yesterday, he got pass marks), waghorn, windass (same as tav), forrester, kiernan, garner, mckay, MoH and the rest of the squad, all these guys have never once played in a team where every pass, move and decision is scrutinised, every action is viewed a million times, every mistake is slaughtered to hell and back, they dont know pressure, will to win, the need to overcome the odds, thats our problem right there

When PLG tried his outlook on the game, he was found out pretty sharpish, and when Walter came back the first thing he did was install leaders and fighters, guys who knew the scottish game and guys who would stand toe to toe with our enemies and go for it instead of hiding, Walter also got money to fix the issues as well, Thomson, Davis, Cuellar amongst other signings

Make no mistake, i will fight for my club until my final days, but i will be realistic as well, this squad doesnt have the necessary experience or fight to go with their ability to win this title, no matter how much we think warburton can tinker with it

A great post, straight to the point, no ifs,buts,or maybe's.

30 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Said after the Killie game that the league was finished and was slaughtered for it....

Title winning teams don't get hammered 5-1.

We did manage it under Dick, similarly, we also did O'Squeal's by that after the 6-2, but I get what you're saying!

Get the oldies and favourites to fuck out of that lineup.  Windass, Rossiter, Garner, Crooks,Halliday Fortester, MOH,  get em on that pitch and tell them it's time to step up and be men. 

Get the speed and hungriness back. That was our strength last year. 

I thought our plan was to only sign people who had hunger and passion for the club and would fit in. Haven't seen much of that this season so far. 

Raging 

3 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

Get the oldies and favourites to fuck out of that lineup.  Windass, Rossiter, Garner, Crooks,Halliday Fortester, MOH,  get em on that pitch and tell them it's time to step up and be men. 

This. We lacked speed, passion and aggression yesterday. I know Windass and Garner started but they cant do it all by themselves. If we have five or six players with their mentality then we should see a difference.

7 minutes ago, minstral said:

We have not been able to defend for over a year, but the strange thing is, when other teams park the bus against us, we struggle to break them down. 

Defence needs no further discussion other than i still maintain a lot of the defencive issues are coming from midfield. Stick a dom ball in front of them last season and different story. If we are not going to do that then we need much better and more expensive centre halfs. Can barton or rossiter do this?

Need a midfield leader tho. I have detected a reluctance to shoot rather than make yet another sideways pass. It is soul destroying. We defo need waggy and holt back and this time, fully fit. 

Are the team still using the gps trackers? We were successful when we were mobile up front. Without that mobility we are unable to create space and easy to defend against. 

We need to start out-GOYAing teams again.Get Off Your Ass and move. Striker moves, defender most with him means gap for a shot.

3 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

Get the speed and hungriness back. That was our strength last year. 

I thought our plan was to only sign people who had hunger and passion for the club and would fit in. Haven't seen much of that this season so far. 

Raging 

In MOH case, he has consistently shown promise when given his chance as a sub and in friendlies, but MW has consistently failed to play him. Likewise with Forrester, so telling them it's time to step and be men is innappropriate. . Out of that line up, I'd say the weakest in terms of ability is Halliday, but he does have the endeavour. Yes, get them in, but he won't and his failure to do so will cost him and deservedly so. The one who needs to step up is MW, but he won't because he can't as he has proven.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

In MOH case, he has consistently shown promise when given his chance as a sub and in friendlies, but MW has consistently failed to play him. Likewise with Forrester, so telling them it's time to step and be men is innappropriate. . Out of that line up, I'd say the weakest in terms of ability is Halliday, but he does have the endeavour. Yes, get them in, but he won't and his failure to do so will cost him and deservedly so. The one who needs to step up is MW, but he won't because he can't as he has proven.

I agree Halliday is a wee bit weaker BUT and it is a big BUT he has passion and drive for the team in spades and that is better for the overall team than lazy talent.

and in no way was I meaning to criticise the players by saying they need to step up. I mean they need to be given that chance 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I fail to see why a strong powerful player like moh is not getting used properly.

2 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

I fail to see why a strong powerful player like moh is not getting used properly.

Fuck, he is even one of the few who actually have top tier experience after all.

MW is on the slippery slope. Lose against Ross County at home, which I wouldn't be surprised with our defence, he should be shown the door. Just fucking not good enough and he can take King with him for good measure. No money, so no fucking loss!

I don't get the reference to PLG tbh, Warburton and Rodgers have similar styles and philosophies on the game and we were well beaten by a team who were simply better than us at it. Going back to a Walter Smith style of play isn't going to close any gaps between the two sides. 

The big difference is that the previous times we took a doing really came out of nowhere whereas yesterdays result was far from surprising. I don't even feel as pissed off as I have in the past following an old firm defeat as I'd been half expecting a result like this given how we've played for about 6 months now.

32 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

I don't get the reference to PLG tbh, Warburton and Rodgers have similar styles and philosophies on the game and we were well beaten by a team who were simply better than us at it. Going back to a Walter Smith style of play isn't going to close any gaps between the two sides. 

the PLG reference is about how he bought players to fit his system, but without actually analysing the division and seeing if these players had the will and courage to fight when its required to, the scottish game is as much about ability as it is heart and desire, warburton and rodgers may well have the same philosophies, but rodgers has a team that like it or not has experience in needing to fight more than play

You seen yesterday how they were hungry to get in our faces when we had the ball, our guys have never had to do that against top division opposition on a regular basis and they have never had the pressure to win, the tarriers knew yesterday they had to atone for the cup semi final, we knew we had to win to keep the league campaign alive, only one team stood up to their challenge and it wasnt us

No one is saying go back to walters style of play, but we could take a leaf out of his book when it comes to signings in terms of can they fight as much as play, signings like mcculloch, weir, naismith, thomson, whittaker, miller, all could play but by god all would stand up and be counted when required

How many of Warburtons signings have stood up when it mattered, tarrier semi final aside we have pretty much shat the bed in the rest of the games where we had to battle

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

We either lower our expectations or take the board to task in that significant investment is needed now.

It is clear this board didn't and won't provide the investment required to challenge the scum and I doubt we would take any action, so it's lower expectations time.

I know you've got a hard on for the board but I'm not convinced giving a manager who can't defend or has a plan b money to just spunk away.

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I know you've got a hard on for the board but I'm not convinced giving a manager who can't defend or has a plan b money to just spunk away.

how do you know that warburton didnt ask for other defenders but wasnt given the money, so we signed that shite instead, what if its a whyte and ally situation where all our first, second and third choice targets were out of our financial reach

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

King hasn't got money to spunk on any player. It's our money he is spunking. If he has no faith in giving this manager what little there maybe left in January then it's time for the manager to go anyway.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

how do you know that warburton didnt ask for other defenders but wasnt given the money, so we signed that shite instead, what if its a whyte and ally situation where all our first, second and third choice targets were out of our financial reach

Agree. Believe this is what happened. Boss working with what he has due to lack off money being given.