In the workplace tomorrow;(the joys of living far away)

The Widow's Son

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Go up to the most rabid pape in your work,grab him firmly by the arm as if squeezing it ,then say

"your team were great on Saturday,on that performance you could have beaten Lincoln red imps away from home" 

then gently untighten your grip, and walk away with a smug smile

Fuckin superb mate I'll try that the morra .

A work for a heating & electrical firm Fae Edinburgh,the heating and plumbing boys are all mhanky and Edinburgh junkies apart for me and a plumber from Falkirk who are teddy bears.

The sparks are all hearts supporter's apart from two boys Fae glasgow who are Ranger's men.

So when you are at your work in the morning just agree with the cunts  and say the best team won . they will get tired and fed up that your no taking the bait.   ??

I work with mainly women but thank fuck I'm off for a week, they never mention Rangers when we win, but when we don't I get" what happened to your team on Saturday " I sit there fuckin boiling, and there's also a taig who always says shite like " was you at the game then" that's just a way of saying haha yous got beat, never fuckin mentions it when we win. 

I took early retirement a couple of years back. Looking back now that I'm free, the thinly veiled banter was just pure hatred simmering below the surface. It's only now that I'm away from it I realise how much it took out of me mentally. Now I don't associate with any of them it's fucking brilliant. 

Instead of segregation in schools we should have it in the workplace.

Fortunately I'm working down south all week so I doubt it will even be mentioned. Few of the tims I play fives with on Friday will have words to say no doubt but I kind of messed that up for them last Friday when they tried to engage me in who I thought would win, I just said them, didn't feel that in my heart but it's the best way to piss them off.

There's a member of the G***n Br****e works in my office.  His picture was in the papers recently holding up a mhanky banner.

But honestly when it comes down to it although it's a sore one - they can do us all ends up 4 times a year but I'd still rather be a Rangers fan than anything else in the world. ???

1 hour ago, blueretro said:

I took early retirement a couple of years back. Looking back now that I'm free, the thinly veiled banter was just pure hatred simmering below the surface. It's only now that I'm away from it I realise how much it took out of me mentally. Now I don't associate with any of them it's fucking brilliant. 

Instead of segregation in schools we should have it in the workplace.

"thinly veiled banter was pure hatred simmering below the surface"

beautifully summarised right there. I salute you sir. 

Some fine posts here.  Brought back a lot of memories of Glasgow shipyards, early 1960's.  Had some good days and bad and heard it all.  Gave it out and took it too.  Always kept in mind that my day was coming soon.  Moved away long ago and don't find too much banter with my friends out here in BC and the 'Couve.  On the other hand, if this is worst life throws at you, you're doing pretty well.  

18 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

From my days as a young apprentice, in the bygone days of yore, I can recall the workplace exchanges following an Old Firm game.  Some of it would be funny, some with a harder edge, always better to give than to receive.  Would not want to show up to work tomorrow and hear all the patter from the tims at work especially after a rank display.  Avoiding the newspapers, tv, neighbours too.  I can enjoy a cup of coffee in Tim Horton's without any fear or trepidation but I do think of the bears who will hear it until the next Old Firm victory.  Hope they can all ride it through and come out stronger bears.     

TIM hortons ? Fuck drinkin in there ! Is there no a place called BILLY something or other !  :sherlock:

Our office is dress down on a Monday. The worst for me are the women sitting talking about how there tarrier cunt husbands were out having a great day. Wouldn't normally wear a fitbaw top to work but fuck them Rangers top on today shove it to them. Will always be proud to wear our jersey. Give me your best.

21 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

From my days as a young apprentice, in the bygone days of yore, I can recall the workplace exchanges following an Old Firm game.  Some of it would be funny, some with a harder edge, always better to give than to receive.  Would not want to show up to work tomorrow and hear all the patter from the tims at work especially after a rank display.  Avoiding the newspapers, tv, neighbours too.  I can enjoy a cup of coffee in Tim Horton's without any fear or trepidation but I do think of the bears who will hear it until the next Old Firm victory.  Hope they can all ride it through and come out stronger bears.     

Was in work last night, fucking hate them, bitter winners and losers!

My gaffer is a mad Tim season ticket holder yet was strangely very quiet in the run up to the old Firm game. When I pointed this out to him he remarked " I don't get all the hype" as if he was in denial that we are still the old Firm. We start back tonight and I'm sure he'll be a little more forthcoming,  and I'll be sure to  point that out to him.