Helicopter Sunday season

bluenose_n1

We all remember that season as the ultimate last day win

but few will remember that after 5 games we had 2 wins 2 draws and a defeat at the piggery and they won 5/5 leaving us 7 points behind 

oneils celtic were perceived to be stronger than us in every department 

but they went into there champions league campaign with a defeat against Barcelona and then the cracks started to appear in they're league campaign after champions league games

i know we are shocking at the back but everyone one of us knows we are a better team than we are showing at the moment 

the point is I'm sure a lot wrote us off after 5 games that season and even when they won at Ibrox with a few games to go one paper had the headline Celtic are champions

not saying we can or will win the league I'm just saying that we need to keep the faith and see how we go

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

We had players like Prso, Novo, Buffel, Ferguson, Ricksen that season. The squad this season is horrendous. 

Agree mate but they were a better side than they are now

just pointing out that we've been here before and still won league

Just now, EatDolphins said:

Anybody that thinks this is going to happen this season needs a fuckin brain enema.

i never said it's going to happen

just pointing out the fact that we would've been wrote off that season aswell

maybe not after 5 games but certainly when they won at Ibrox to go 4 clear with 4 to go

I just think that we are jumping the gun a Wee bit and we need to calm the fuck down and have a bit of faith

6 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Agree mate but they were a better side than they are now

just pointing out that we've been here before and still won league

We'd need to be within 3 points of the league leaders on the last day of the season. We'll be lucky to be within 15, in my opinion.

Let's forget any talk of what happened in the past, I only care about the present and that game yesterday showed at present we are no where near the standard to challenge the scum.

Souness built his team from the back, Smith did too, our defence is dross and our tatics are shite

59 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

but few will remember that after 5 games we had 2 wins 2 draws and a defeat at the piggery and they won 5/5 leaving us 7 points behind 

but they went into there champions league campaign with a defeat against Barcelona and then the cracks started to appear in they're league campaign after champions league games

i know we are shocking at the back but everyone one of us knows we are a better team than we are showing at the moment 

the point is I'm sure a lot wrote us off after 5 games that season and even when they won at Ibrox with a few games to go one paper had the headline Celtic are champions

not saying we can or will win the league I'm just saying that we need to keep the faith and see how we go

image.jpeg

:clap::clap::clap:

and ultimately McLeish had fuck all money and look how he pulled it off.

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

Take each game as it comes now come the new year game get revenge on they bastards and buy a new defence in the January window and we might just get back into this race.

NO SURRENDER

No one could doubt that you're being passionate, but MW and DW have had three transfer windows to shape the squad and it's not that great. Why didn't they get a hold of the players needed this summer? 

What baffles me completely is that we have Davie Weir as assistant here, and the defence is a fucking mess. 

Have respect for the big man by the bucketload, I just can't understand how this defensive omnishambles has happened on his watch.

5 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

No one could doubt that you're being passionate, but MW and DW have had three transfer windows to shape the squad and it's not that great. Why didn't they get a hold of the players needed this summer? 

What baffles me completely is that we have Davie Weir as assistant here, and the defence is a fucking mess. 

Have respect for the big man by the bucketload, I just can't understand how this defensive omnishambles has happened on his watch.

No i agree with you mate last season i thought Warburton was the best thing since Walter Smith but this season he has had no plan B and also having big Weir as assistant you would think that defence would be sorted. We had a dud on trial for weeks but decide to sign him on deadline day. Who knows what went on but you would think we would have more options.

After watching that game again i could not believe how bad our defence was. First goal free header when we have a few good few ball watching, 2nd goal shocking defending big senderos never even put a foot in, 3rd goal defence split right open, 4th goal Barton just stood there and 5th goal fuck me we just threw in the towel and let an easy pass fall into the feet of one of the scum. Not sure if a got tht in the right order not the game i want to remember in years to come.

1 hour ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Exactly the point I'm making

some have turned there back on the team after 5 fucking games

What a lot of silly nonsense did the run at the end of last year not tell us something.:blink: I wish it was only 5 games.

Clutching at straws with this nonsense.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

No i agree with you mate last season i thought Warburton was the best thing since Walter Smith but this season he has had no plan B and also having big Weir as assistant you would think that defence would be sorted. We had a dud on trial for weeks but decide to sign him on deadline day. Who knows what went on but you would think we would have more options.

After watching that game again i could not believe how bad our defence was. First goal free header when we have a few good few ball watching, 2nd goal shocking defending big senderos never even put a foot in, 3rd goal defence split right open, 4th goal Barton just stood there and 5th goal fuck me we just threw in the towel and let an easy pass fall into the feet of one of the scum. Not sure if a got tht in the right order not the game i want to remember in years to come.

I couldn't watch that game again.

To be fair to Barton with the 4th goal, he was trying to fill in at CB on his own. He's not big enough or tall enough to be one CB nevermind two. Thought it showed a bit of character to at least try tho.

8 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

image.jpeg

We were beat 1-0 at the piggery in a cagey game where Thompson scored with a shot outside the box with about 5 minutes to go to make the difference in 2004, this time we have just been utterly pumped . And that's before you compare the squad , there is a world of difference 

Really really wish I could believe in the OP's sentiments but I just can't see us turning things around. Hopefully a pasting in Barcelona might unsettle them as at the moment they are riding on a high and anything other than a defeat will make them think they're invincible.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

We were beat 1-0 at the piggery in a cagey game where Thompson scored with a shot outside the box with about 5 minutes to go to make the difference, this time we have just been utterly pumped . And that's before you compare the squad , there is a world of difference 

Listen all I done was point out that we have been here before 

7 behind with 5 played

ive not said its gony happen I've not said I think we will still win the league

i just think that a lot of bears wouldn't have been happy trailing them by 7 points then either