Rangers v smellies confirmed

Deanzmeanzheinz

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Could it be the opposite that they feel that this may deter people from outside Glasgow from going so therefor less trouble 

It takes me an hour on the bus to get to Ibrox....i'll still be there. This is the bears fuckin mecca pilgrimage no distance stops a gers fan making an old firm. I would advise against hogmanay celebrations in the town afterwards though, going to wall to wall carnage. We realise how much hatred has been growing the past 4 years and it will come to the boil on that night. Early morning on the sauce and all day into the night will be a messy affair i reckon. Good overtime rates for plod though.

38 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Anybody else thinking the the SNP/SFA/PoliceScotland are allowing this to go ahead on this date, against the common sense of every person interested in football, just in hope of violence so they have a reason to punish us? Seems like a honey trap to me with consequences. Call me paranoid but when you smell a rat you can smell a fuckin rat!

When you consider the previous pathetic excuses from plod to move dates and kick off times you do have to wonder, as playing on that day has got to be the highest risk to public safety. FFS, they cite alcohol as a root cause of trouble, well there's more guzzled on this day than any other.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

When you consider the previous pathetic excuses from plod to move dates and kick off times you do have to wonder, as playing on that day has got to be the highest risk to public safety. FFS, they cite alcohol as a root cause of trouble, well there's more guzzled on this day than any other.

When you type it up in front of you alarm bells start ringing, an obvious reasoning behind it. And safety and calm are at the bottom the list when they should be priority. Batten down the hatches boys

36 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

It takes me an hour on the bus to get to Ibrox....i'll still be there. This is the bears fuckin mecca pilgrimage no distance stops a gers fan making an old firm. I would advise against hogmanay celebrations in the town afterwards though, going to wall to wall carnage. We realise how much hatred has been growing the past 4 years and it will come to the boil on that night. Early morning on the sauce and all day into the night will be a messy affair i reckon. Good overtime rates for plod though.

I'd guess it's more to do with general lack of resources. They know that every copper will be on duty that day anyway, so might as well stick the game in as well and get it over with.

Cant believe this is going ahead, many of the pubs through my way close early after we play them, either because of trouble, or to avoid trouble, there is no chance they are going to be able to do that on hogmanay, it's a recipe for disaster, not just in Glasgow, but in every town and village in the country.

Even the 29th would be better at 7.45pm! Most people are off during this period anyway. I usually go away on the 30th for new year because new year here isnt the same as it used to be for me so prefer the hassle free option of going away and no worries about dinner and visiting folk or jakey neighbours chappin yer door for the bells. 

Feel bad for the boozers who look forward to bringing in some dough on this night but like said above, they will probably be advised to close early because the plod resources will be stretched thin. 

Fuck it, i'll be there and i'll be heading straight back down the road to avoid any bangers that are out to cause trouble so it wont affect me too much, i'm sure the sensible supporters will be doing the same. Not worth the risk of going out in the town on this occasion. 

The game at Ibrox was always going to be mental anyway. Weird decision having it on Hogmanay but fuck it why not just embrace the carnage. Good build up before the game, pump the smelly bastards rotten then out afterwards for more carnage. What a new year this will be. 

56 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Even the 29th would be better at 7.45pm! Most people are off during this period anyway. I usually go away on the 30th for new year because new year here isnt the same as it used to be for me so prefer the hassle free option of going away and no worries about dinner and visiting folk or jakey neighbours chappin yer door for the bells. 

Feel bad for the boozers who look forward to bringing in some dough on this night but like said above, they will probably be advised to close early because the plod resources will be stretched thin. 

Fuck it, i'll be there and i'll be heading straight back down the road to avoid any bangers that are out to cause trouble so it wont affect me too much, i'm sure the sensible supporters will be doing the same. Not worth the risk of going out in the town on this occasion. 

Aye, an evening kick off during the christmas is better for them.