All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

S it not a bit obvious what I'm saying? If he sits out the 2 years and doesn't play then that a wage we are paying for a non player. We then won't have a budget to replace him with another player. He will leave in January with a settlement, don't be in any doubt about that. We are not stupid enough to let him run out his contract not playing, nor can we afford it

i know what you meant, so by that logic if he was playing then we couldnt sign anybody for the duration of his contract because we couldnt afford it?

our budget for the next 2 years is dependent on Joey Bartons contract?

2 minutes ago, showtime69 said:

i know what you meant, so by that logic if he was playing then we couldnt sign anybody for the duration of his contract because we couldnt afford it?

our budget for the next 2 years is dependent on Joey Bartons contract?

So are you saying it's better for the club for him to st out his contact for 2 years and cost us £2 million? Don't you think it's better to say agree to pay him £500k to leave in January and only cost us £1 Milion? Save a million pound

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

So are you saying it's better for the club for him to st out his contact for 2 years and cost us £2 million? Don't you think it's better to say agree to pay him £500k to leave in January and only cost us £1 Milion? Save a million pound

have you spoken to Joey or his agent to know he would take 500k or are you just making up numbers?

9 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

That makes no sense

You said Barton was signed behind Warburton's back.

I said that doesn't really fit with his assistant and one of his players giving Barton the VIP treatement and selling the club to him.

You said it does if Warburton wasn't there. He was obviously aware that it was happening though.

Which part doesn't make sense?

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Well I guess people within football alwYs tell the truth......

Yet we're to believe, on the strength of someone within football telling you, that JB was signed behind the Manager's back. 

You never thought that one through did you?

Just now, AlCapone said:

Let him sit out his contract for 2 years costing us £2 million down the drain? Thank god you're not chairman

and paying him 2m next month to scrap his contract (cause at the moment thats the figure regardless of what you think Joey and his agent would accept) isnt money down the drain?

if he wants to tear up the contract instead of sitting in the stands then fair enough but should we fuck give him any sort of payoff.

Just now, The Dude said:

Yet we're to believe, on the strength of someone within football telling you, that JB was signed behind the Manager's back. 

You never thought that one through did you?

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what I believe. I also noted Gordon Smiths column yesterday saying the manager wants shot of him whilst others within Ibrox don't. One thing about smith is that he has excellent contacts and will know what is going on.

i firmly believe the manager didn't want to sign him and it was a board decision. Just like Duncan Ferguson, kenny Miller from Hibs and Colin Hendry before him

18 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

This sound like the best solution to the problem so far.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You said Barton was signed behind Warburton's back.

I said that doesn't really fit with his assistant and one of his players giving Barton the VIP treatement and selling the club to him.

You said it does if Warburton wasn't there. He was obviously aware that it was happening though.

Which part doesn't make sense?

I never said he was signed behind his back, I said he wasn't the managers choice. Very different

Just now, AlCapone said:

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what I believe. I also noted Gordon Smiths column yesterday saying the manager wants shot of him whilst others within Ibrox don't. One thing about smith is that he has excellent contacts and will know what is going on.

i firmly believe the manager didn't want to sign him and it was a board decision. Just like Duncan Ferguson, kenny Miller from Hibs and Colin Hendry before him

I ghost write Smith's WATP magazine column. I spoke to him on Friday for the next issue and Barton features heavily in his piece.

Just now, AlCapone said:

That doesn't in any way verify your story. Some people disagreeing with the manager on a player is nothing new, but is a long shot from the rumour you heard. Warburton is the CEO of all things on the playing front at Rangers; he wouldn't be here otherwise.

5 minutes ago, showtime69 said:

and paying him 2m next month to scrap his contract (cause at the moment thats the figure regardless of what you think Joey and his agent would accept) isnt money down the drain?

if he wants to tear up the contract instead of sitting in the stands then fair enough but should we fuck give him any sort of payoff.

Why would you need to pay £2 million to wrap his contract? Tell me you don't believe that's the figure??

41 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Being discussed just now on Talksport. Jim White saying his source at the club told him last week Barton has no future at the club but a source 'close to Barton' has told him that no-one at the club had told him thats the case and he's hoping to play against Caley on Friday.

Listened to that and the journalist Matt Scott who worked for the Guardian claiming that the SFA bends over backwards to help Rangers because Campbell Ogilvie is the SFA President and that the SFA will do all they can to aid Rangers case in sacking Barton.