All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

No they didn't. There was speculation that there was an argument between Barton and Halliday, Barton confirmed this on his TalkSport interview and went on to say there's no issue between the two of them.

There's nothing concrete to say that Halliday done anything wrong so you wanting him punished as well is baffling.

There's been media story after media story about the Halliday/Barton bust up. Okay I get what your saying about Halliday it's all alleged.  People reading these stories form opinions. The seed is already out there. The 'wrong' that Halliday did was getting into a bust up and not following protocol for grievances at work. 

7 hours ago, the goal machine said:

As far as I know, David Murray isn't a Rangers man so no it's not. And no-one is automatically taking the side of "Rangers men". It's pathetic that's somehow a dig in the first place.

My point is guys like Green etc. came out giving it, 'No Surrender' etc. and the majority of the support lapped it up. The majority were also ecstatic when Whyte took over.

I think the days of blindly supporting every decision made by the club should be long behind us.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

There's been media story after media story about the Halliday/Barton bust up. Okay I get what your saying about Halliday it's all alleged.  People reading these stories form opinions. The seed is already out there. The 'wrong' that Halliday did was getting into a bust up and not following protocol for grievances at work. 

You've just said that it's all alleged with Halliday yet still accused him of being in the wrong in the same quote.

Just stop.

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The 'wrong' that Halliday did was getting into a bust up and not following protocol for grievances at work. 

Nope.

Again that's nothing more than a recycled rumour and fish and chips paper.

Stop trying to pass things off as if they are factually correct.

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

This isn't just about Halliday versus Barton, this is about posters who seem to hate all things Rangers.

Now that is utterly bizarre.

No it's not about taking sides. it's about protecting Rangers name. Some posters love all things Rangers and realise that when push comes to shove, the board will not take sides they have to protect the club. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Nope.

Again that's nothing more than a recycled rumour and fish and chips paper.

Stop trying to pass things off as if they are factually correct.

Corrected: The Alleged 'wrong' that Halliday did was getting into a bust up and not following protocol for grievances at work.

Corrected: The Alleged 'wrong' that Halliday did was getting into a bust up and not following protocol for grievances at work.

So are we believing everything the record and co print now?

You must have a fairly low opinion of Rangers football club and it's supporters if so.............

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

You must have a fairly low opinion of Rangers football club and it's supporters if so.............

That's an unfair comment Paul Murray congratulated them on their courageous reporting does he have a "fairly low opinion of Rangers football club and it's supporters". I said the DR sowed the seed, I didn't say I believed them.

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

No it's not about taking sides. it's about protecting Rangers name. Some posters love all things Rangers and realise that when push comes to shove, the board will not take sides they have to protect the club. 

The only problem i have with Halliday is that he never stuck the nut on that cunt Barton.

Barton is a prick and thankfully he'll never play for us again..

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

You're wasting your time arguing with her mate. She'll just continue digging a hole for herself instead of admitting she's made an arse of it.

There was a thread not long ago relating to Barton's betting charge and she was twisting a newspaper article to suggest that Barton had been the victim of sectarian abuse from Halliday and she was demanding the club take legal action.

That's an unfair comment Paul Murray congratulated them on their courageous reporting does he have a "fairly low opinion of Rangers football club and it's supporters". I said the DR sowed the seed, I didn't say I believed them.

You are posting like it's fact Halliday was in the wrong. It's almost like you WANT Halliday to be punished for whatever reason.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

No...it's about people who seem intent on digingg up anything they can find to beat the club with, if they can't find something they'll make it up. It's about people who fixate on nothing but the bad. It doesn't always have to be somebodies fault.

And before the allegation is made, that does not mean posters should not remain vigilant, criticise when applicable and and ask the difficult questions.

People are so down on everything, it's pretty depressing to be honest.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Not following protocol for grievances at work :lol: He doesn't work in an office ffs.

Your team mates would have zero respect for you and you'd be finished at the club if you went along with that shite.

But at least you'd have a great idea for a sitcom. :D

c7e970c6-b99c-40e3-8d05-d7a41d62630e-206

13 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Not following protocol for grievances at work :lol: He doesn't work in an office ffs.

Your team mates would have zero respect for you and you'd be finished at the club if you went along with that shite.

Yet here's the manager doing exactly that with Barton.

22 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

No...it's about people who seem intent on digingg up anything they can find to beat the club with, if they can't find something they'll make it up. It's about people who fixate on nothing but the bad. It doesn't always have to be somebodies fault.

And before the allegation is made, that does not mean posters should not remain vigilant, criticise when applicable and and ask the difficult questions.

People are so down on everything, it's pretty depressing to be honest.

It's not about digging things up. It's a debate in a thread. I gave my opinion and possible pitfalls that I see the club may face. I was corrected for not using the word alleged. Point is some people choose to debate the possible scenarios to make things make sense to them, others just want to ignore situations and look on the bright side both are equally important to debate.

18 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You're wasting your time arguing with her mate. She'll just continue digging a hole for herself instead of admitting she's made an arse of it.

There was a thread not long ago relating to Barton's betting charge and she was twisting a newspaper article to suggest that Barton had been the victim of sectarian abuse from Halliday and she was demanding the club take legal action.

That article was an embarrassment, it should never have been printed. The board did a great job and released a statement to counteract it. They too knew what it was insinuating 

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's not about digging things up. It's a debate in a thread. I gave my opinion and possible pitfalls that I see the club may face. I was corrected for not using the word alleged. Point is some people choose to debate the possible scenarios to make things make sense to them, others just want ignore situations and look on the bright side both are equally important to debate.

No...with all due respect this goes much much further than this thread, you're like a dog with a bone. The betting thread a classic example. You are quite often to be found in the boardroom section with absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories, all with one common theme...they assume the absolute worst of those at the club. Now we're starting to see it with players too.

It's actually quite ironic you think you're trying to protect the Ranger's name, as I see it you're achieving the polar opposite.

And for the record I wasn't only referring to you with my post.