Who would you drop?

westenclosure2008

6 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Spot on with what you heard, also same reason why Holt was replaced at half time, purely has a precaution.

Midfield for me I think will be Windass, Holt and Halliday, up top I think MW will go with McKay, Miller and Waghorn though I would prefer Waghorn, Garner and Forrester.

Garner to bully their defence a bit and then later replace Garner and Forrester with McKay and Miller and depending on the fitness of Holt and Windass replacing one of them with MoH.

Agree with all of that just except the Garner bit.. I'm starting to sound like his biggest critic. Really want him to do well and can't fault his effort but just don't see what others do.. I hope he proves me wrong in spades!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Just because we've spent money on him doesn't mean he should start. Sunday is a big game for us and I don't think we can afford to play him. He hasn't shown enough up until now to deserve a start.

We didn't spend £1.8m on the guy to keep him on the bench.  He's still trying to bed in.  These guys need games together if they're going to improve.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We didn't spend £1.8m on the guy to keep him on the bench.  He's still trying to bed in.  These guys need games together if they're going to improve.

I agree but not on Sunday. We need to put our best 11 out and just now he is not in our best 11. 

18 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I agree but not on Sunday. We need to put our best 11 out and just now he is not in our best 11. 

Waghorn, Forrester, and Garner is probably our strongest front three right now.  Miller and McKay have been poor for weeks although I do agree there's a case to be made for MOH so it'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Waghorn, Forrester, and Garner is probably our strongest front three right now.  Miller and McKay have been poor for weeks although I do agree there's a case to be made for MOH so it'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

On paper you're right but Garner can't play out wide and Waghorn is most effective through the middle. I wouldn't put Garner in to push Waghorn out wide. I reckon we will go McKay, Waghorn and Miller on Sunday and I would agree with that.

we are away from home.

4.3.3. will never work, this is alright at home against lesser opposition but we are going to face the sheep in a hostile environment arguably second only to Porkheid for hatred of us.

we should set out a better shape for these games.

whether it is 4.1.4.1 (my preference) or 4.4.2.  but never 4.3.3.

i await" we don,t play with 1 up front" we are Rangers.  but we cannot allow ourselves to be overwhelmed in midfield. and  our mid field and full backs will have the chances to bolster the attack at the right time.

i could be wrong (i hope i am) and maybe we are ready to go on a winning run, and we take the sheep by going for the jugular, but i just think we have to be a bit more cautious in these types of games

18 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I think it's a certainty.

Waghorn on the right, McKay on the left, Miller anywhere he decides to run too that isn't in the middle.

I had high hopes for McKay this season but the lads been shit.  It's an important game and I hope Harry Forrester starts again.  Miller's shouldn't be near this side he contributes nothing towards our style of play.

Think Miller will play tbh, just hope it's not anywhere but up front where he can do the least damage. Doubt Windass will start, think he's ruled out altogether. 

Halliday

Holt           Forrester

Waghorn        Miller        McKay 

7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Assuming that Windass is fit for Sunday and Halliday plays the deeper role. I'm pretty confident Warburton will go with Miller, McKay and Waghorn as the front 3. So who would you play on Sunday out of Holt, Windass and Forrester for the 2 forward midfielders?

I think all 3 have looked our most effective players in the games they have played. I'd prob go for Holt and Windass as they have a bit more energy. 

I would go with- Wes tav Wilson hill (can't believe that's our centre backs fs) Wallace. Halliday windlass holy waggy garner moh or McKay difficult ... please fuckin win rangers !!! Bus home will be a shocker otherwise ?

Just now, giffnockger said:

I would go with- Wes tav Wilson hill (can't believe that's our centre backs fs) Wallace. Halliday windlass holy waggy garner moh or McKay difficult ... please fuckin win rangers !!! Bus home will be a shocker otherwise ?

Fucking forgot about forrester !!! Hard one

On 23/09/2016 at 1:34 AM, glasgow argyle said:

we are away from home.

4.3.3. will never work, this is alright at home against lesser opposition but we are going to face the sheep in a hostile environment arguably second only to Porkheid for hatred of us.

we should set out a better shape for these games.

whether it is 4.1.4.1 (my preference) or 4.4.2.  but never 4.3.3.

i await" we don,t play with 1 up front" we are Rangers.  but we cannot allow ourselves to be overwhelmed in midfield. and  our mid field and full backs will have the chances to bolster the attack at the right time.

i could be wrong (i hope i am) and maybe we are ready to go on a winning run, and we take the sheep by going for the jugular, but i just think we have to be a bit more cautious in these types of games

a much better show today and unlucky to lose.

however i still stick with the view that our shape is wrong, particularly away from home  

i saw a suggestion on another thread we should go 3-5-2 and i can understand the logic of that.

however we do not have 1 decent C.B. never mind 3.

the reason i suggest 4-1-4-1  is due to the fact that our defence is so suspect that we are crying out for a decent holding mid field player.   to protect our weak defence                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

24 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

a much better show today and unlucky to lose.

however i still stick with the view that our shape is wrong, particularly away from home  

i saw a suggestion on another thread we should go 3-5-2 and i can understand the logic of that.

however we do not have 1 decent C.B. never mind 3.

the reason i suggest 4-1-4-1  is due to the fact that our defence is so suspect that we are crying out for a decent holding mid field player.   to protect our weak defence                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Do u not think hill is even decent? I'm stating to like him and Wilson together, the CB's had nothing to do with either goals today and had tav been a bit better with their first and the ref never gave that horrendous decision then it would've been 3 clean sheets in a row with them. Maybe I'm just trying to see positives all the time but I don't think hill became a bad player overnight. The only thing with they 2 at CB is the lack of speed. 

5 minutes ago, DKFTP said:

As get sendeross in the team an play Miller up front 

drop hill n waggy

The Hill and Wilson partnership hasn't been that bad. No point upsetting that pairing when we've finally got a semi-stable defence. Can't be playing Garner and Miller together either. Can't begin to think how awful that would be to watch. 

McKay needs to be dropped 100%. Don't care if it's O'Halloran, Dodoo or Forrester that plays there I don't want him in the starting 11 on Saturday. 

In no way, shape or form is Tavernier a defender. He offers no protection in that area of the pitch. As a right midfielder, hes great. But he doesnt look like he wants to defend. Jogs back when he loses the ball. Big Wallace loses the ball, he bursts his gut to get back into position.