Should Warburton Go?

Broxi

Should Warburton Go?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I haven't seen many fans expressing this point of view at, it is not beyond our expectations to be beating Hamilton and Ross County at home. The fact is that we have clinged on to these draws, and always look vulnerable to a counter attack. That is a tactical shortfall, and the blame lies firmly at MW, he needs to sort this asap or he should get his jotters. I can't see him turning this around, due to his poor signings and lack of tactical variety so he should be out if results continue in the next couple of months.  

No it is NOT acceptable, but it is only September.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bighouse said:

Get Big Eck in. He has shown he can win titles on a shoestring and would at least have us capable of defending a set piece or two.

Warburton is PLG MK II. Plenty of lofty ideas, but very little results. We are spiralling towards mid table mediocrity and it is completely unacceptable.

He didn't spend any money but he inherited a very good team from Dick Advocaat.

He is also the same nugget who let Hearts split us and the tims.

Just now, Bighouse said:

We will be lucky to come third under Warburton. McCleish won the Treble ffs

You're missing my point - McLeish won the treble with a team Dick Advocaat built.

You're probably right about finishing third with Warburton, we'll be lucky to finish top 6 this year. :lol:

I think he needs time to turn around what's been an awful start to the season and I would probably give him another transfer window to fix the mess we're in.

Having said that it's probably academic discussing right now as I don't we have the finances to sack a manager and bring in another who you may have to pay a club compensation for.

Just now, StevenDavis said:

You're missing my point - McLeish won the treble with a team Dick Advocaat built.

You're probably right about finishing third with Warburton, we'll be lucky to finish top 6 this year. :lol:

Either way change needs to happen. If the mhanks win their game in hand  they will be 10 points clear of us after 7 games which as far as I can recall off the top of my head is unprecedented. Crisis is the mother of invention. We must move now to stop the rot setting in.

I've just watched the celtic match at ibrox from 2011 where we beat them 4-2, I know things were different then and the quality of players was better but they showed desire, passion and most important an honour to wear the blue jersey! I know it's early days but we are a long way from that team!!! even lafferty was a handful for their defence!! we need big changes!!!

1 minute ago, pinchbeck said:

I've just watched the celtic match at ibrox from 2011 where we beat them 4-2, I know things were different then and the quality of players was better but they should desire, passion and most important an honour to wear the blue jersey! I know it's early days but we are a long way from that team!!! even lafferty was a handful for their defence!! we need big changes!!!

And those same players blew something like a 10 point lead by Christmas that year.

For me, yes. 

Much like what others have said, he's stubborn and won't move away from the 4-3-3. It's plain to see that it doesn't work in the premier league. His substitutions just seem crazy. Game needs a bit of pace, let me bring on Niko.

I think he's been let down big time by the board. If he had decent funds he could've built a decent side that could play his way, but nope.

I like Warburton. He seems like an incredibly nice man, but it's just not working out. This season is a write off, suppose we just need to learn from it, as he would say. 

No idea about a replacement. Dropping points against thistle and he'll either walk or be sacked.

Sad situation, as I really liked him when he came in and still do, but I don't think this is for him.

Also don't think the players are helping him at all. But that said how successful can a striker be when he's not getting any service.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Still doesn't explain you're previous post...

Well to put it another way, there are many who think yeah sack Warburton and just like 1997/98 when Walter left there's going to be a long queue of top class managers and coaches chapping on the main door at Ibrox pleading for the job!!! Do they really think that there will be?? I would say No fucking chance. Top class wouldn't be remotely interested in taking the Ibrox hotseat.

Funny I remember the exact same arguments when it looked like Ally had been found wanting....should he stay or go.

Sometimes the fans can sense whether a manager is up to the job or not, the boss may yet come good but my confidence is not high, his style of play may be good enough for the Chamionship with a good budget but it needs much better players to work in the Premier League.

He now needs to play to the strengths of the players he has, not his idea of how it should be played, maybe this is what Barton was trying to tell him.

It's like watching the same horror film over and over, we don't look like scoring and cant defend.  Unfortunately it's a results driven business and they are undeniably not good enough.

I just hope we don't look back and regret not getting rid sooner before the damage became irreparable.

Well I'm a "no" as well at this point.

Tell you what though, I hope Mark Warburton proves worthy of over 75% of Bears holding faith with him in the face of consistent underachieving.

If things start to turn, Mark stays, and next season we are properly contending then this will be the fucking making of the man and will probably get him an English Prem spot at some point!

If results pick up immediately then he'll be fine but if it carries on like this then the sheer weight of opinion will see him out the door! Admirable footballing philosophy but his apparent stubborn streak verging on arrogance could be his undoing! In a way, it's actually up to MW if he stays or goes because, at this sorry stage, it's results we need and not some fancy Dan ideals! Ask defenders to defend only, stop switching players around the forward line and playing them out of position, and keep Kranjćar out of the midfield unless we're winning at least 4-0! Oh, and don't let Barton near our Club ever again! Do all that then I'd be happy for him to stay.

I've seen us with better teams get turned over up there. We bossed it. But here is the massive BUT......

If we carry on not converting and carry on gifting goals he will be away. We've developed a nasty habit of conceding 1st. Goals change games and unfortunately our style ain't great when a team sits in. 

Ps. Never a free kick and a worldy beat us. Not good enough tho