Should Warburton Go?

Broxi

Should Warburton Go?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Sorry disagree. Seriously this season is seen as a free go if we like it or not. Stability in the the top flight and progress next season. I don't like it but that imo is what is happening. 

3 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Sorry disagree. Seriously this season is seen as a free go if we like it or not. Stability in the the top flight and progress next season. I don't like it but that imo is what is happening. 

No mate this season isn't a free go at all we should be beating the teams we have lost points to all ready this season bar the tarriers we should be pushing them but instead we will be battling the Pish that make up this leauge for third or fourth.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this "we dominated the football " lark , we dominated nothing, we were slow, as usual too many touches in shooting areas, the penalty aside did we have another shot on target? our passing and crossing was woeful , To be honest we were lucky to get a goal, on that performance it wasnt deserved.

I cant understand the managers insistance on changing the team, tuesday nights squad played well and scored 5 goals and yet he makes changes  to accomodate lets be honest , guys who have under performed of late. 

late september and we are so far out of the title race its embarasing . something needs to change very quickly.

10 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

I wish I'd known, I'd have kept my money in my pocket when the renewal form came through.

As far as the club and the men running it are concerned this is a 'free go' and Warburton will be allowed to stumble along the way. We cannot return to how Rangers previously operated. But I'm seriously shocked at the level of quality, especially in defenders who are expected to do their job.

As much as i wanted us to hammer our rivals this season especially the sheepshaggers and fiddlers. 

I can't help feeling if we get rid of Mark Warburton it might be a mistake we regret for many years to come.

He's underestimated the league. 

And overestimated the ability of players.

29 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

No, he shouldn't go. We are in the MW project for the long term. This is as much due to any lack of alternatives to Warburton as it is in my confidence in him. He needs another year. If we are going through the same shite this time next season then he has to go.

The thought of MW getting another two transfer windows gives me nightmares.

8 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So what's your plan if this team and manager don't win the league this year.Tell us what you plan to do.

I don't get paid to do that m8 but the chairman has demanded at least second place this year, it's his call.

If your boss asks you to deliver something and yo say, yes I can do that, then you don't, what do you think would happen ?

He might get away with third.

He has not, as manager in the top flight, had  half a season to get it right and idiots are calling for his head.  What if the next manager has a run of bad results, he goes too and keep repeating.  Guy has been at the club for 15 months, this discussion should only be revisited after the season is over.  

Definitely no.  We are having problems at present but saw enough last year to think this man can take us the top in Scotland and maybe beyond - if we give him time.  

With his firm beliefs on way he sets up the team it's always going to be a bit of a risk with him but I think it's a risk worth taking.  If he gets it right he could transform us. You always here talk of how we should copy the likes of Ajax, Porto, etc.  I think MW is our best bet in someone taking us down that sort of route.

There is always talk of him having a Plan B.  Well for those with the knives out for him, what is the Plan B once we get rid of him.  We don't have the money we had in the past, we are not going to be big spenders in the near to medium term, and we have the rich boys playground on our doorstep sucking up all the best players, managers, etc.  Realistically, who are we talking about as a new manager, McInnes, McCall, Davis, etc who will return to the same old, same old way of playing.  Yes, we will probably be a more solid unit in short term and maybe get a modicum of success, but with limited money to spend they are not going to take us to the top.  To have any sustainable  success, we need somebody to work with the players we can afford, and make them the best they can be.  For my money, that could be MW if we give him a chance to establish himself at our club.

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I don't get paid to do that m8 but the chairman has demanded at least second place this year, it's his call.

If your boss asks you to deliver something and yo say, yes I can do that, then you don't, what do you think would happen ?

He might get away with third

You are not answering my question.What do YOU plan to do if this team and manager don't win the league. Never mind the board or the chairman it is asked of YOU and the rest of the greatest fans in the world.Do share with us what YOU plan to do .

It's a yes form me I'm afraid. The management are not showing any signs that thrtheyy can turn round our tactics to cope with teams defending and hitting on the break. The results have been diabolical and the handling of the JB saga has been awful. I can't see it changing as well, I think they look totally out if their depth and it would be good for all parties if he was to depart asap.  

51 minutes ago, jim beam said:

No mate this season isn't a free go at all we should be beating the teams we have lost points to all ready this season bar the tarriers we should be pushing them but instead we will be battling the Pish that make up this leauge for third or fourth.

I agree. Don't get me wrong we should be beating these teams I just don't feel the board or management share our aspirations!

I voted no, because ive never agreed with any manager getting sacked before christmas. 

But the way hes setting the team up every week, its not looking good for the gaffer.

When you strip it down to the bare bones, hes had the second biggest budget in the league, and his teams just not good enough to compete.

1 minute ago, markem said:

No

The results aren't good enough and yup there is fair questions nit being asked however I am not giving up on MW yet.  Pleased to see the Poll result.

More in hope than by design I'm afraid. It's not by any logic, as 5 wins out of 17 games will tell anyone. If we lose our next game, watch it change

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

More in hope than by design I'm afraid. It's not by any logic, as 5 wins out of 17 games will tell anyone. If we lose our next game, watch it change

Agreed

He has every Opportunity to turn it around, 4 league games in October, all games we can go and win.  As frustrated as everyone is a run of wins would get most/many back onside 

No - can't think of anyone that would take the job on and do any better anyway - but it would be a destructive decision to sack him.

Our current pool of players are shite - in years gone by not very many of them would have been Rangers players. We need like £20 million of investment to put together a team capable of winning the SPL.

Where is that sort of money going to come from? :lol:

We've no money and the majority of signings we have made we wouldn't have signed if we weren't in the shit financially.

Short term sacrifice for long term gain - he's making mistakes but he's never managed a massive team before.

The board and the fans expectations are unrealistic - we aren't going to win the league but our form is awful, I do believe Warburton will learn eventually. 

I want him to stay, he might be making poor decisions but the players have a lot to answer for too.