1. 1. Should Warburton Go?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a no for me. Results have been far from ideal but I have seen an improvement in the last few games. I thought we would finish second this season and I still think we will. (I've never understood anyone thinking we would win the league with the money we were spending) On today's result I've seen us go up there with a whole lot better squads and not get a result. 

49 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

You are not answering my question.What do YOU plan to do if this team and manager don't win the league. Never mind the board or the chairman it is asked of YOU and the rest of the greatest fans in the world.Do share with us what YOU plan to do .

Support Rangers 

I hope MW is able to turn things around, He has gave us some good times and got us back to the top when others failed.

BUT results are a factor,And TBH he is doing a rank rotten job this season, If by some miracle our players actually start to play as good as we know they can,He will be safe in his job, But TBH again I think he will leave before the season ends, Due to players unable to get the results. Will be a sad day when he leaves tho. Just hope not sacked.

Do people actually put any thought into these questions ?

Who replaces Warbuton ? Weir who will just do the same as Warbuton is doing,Both of them make the team decisions and would be the same under Weir.

Any new manager coming in might not want Warburtons players and want to bring in his own,A manager who is new will want to know what budget he has...We don't have a lot.

A new manager will want to bring in his own staff which sometimes includes everyone from the first team to the youths

You could have unhappy players who then down tools and things get even worse.

The media want Warburton to be sacked to fill their newspapers,I can't remember Delia being hounded by the media after 7 games.... Talk of sacking Warburton is just what the media love to see Rangers fans talking about.

We are a work in progress and sometimes progress can be slow,But Rangers fans are totally fickle and demand success yesterday.

Patience is the important thing here and i think he has the making of a good manager for us and has my full backing,You have to walk before you can run... Seven games in and threads talking about if our manager should be sacked is totally bizarre and smacks of spoilt children and listening to endless days from the media about the same thing,Make your mind up at the end of the season not 7 games in ffs. 

12 minutes ago, bam74 said:

No. But I'm interested in who all the yes voters have in mind as the new manager.

Thats not the question at the moment, there will be plenty of managers keen to take on the job. At this point the board need to address this dismal start to the season, earlier I said MW wont last till Christmas, but I reckon another hammering from celtic in LC semi will see him gone on the 24th of October.  

So if MW goes, who do we get? There are a number of fans out there completely deluding yourselves if you think any big name, top class coach or manager is going to be remotely interested in coming to Ibrox. Really, you can forget it, those days are long fucking gone my friends, long fucking gone.

3 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Who replaces Warbuton ? Weir who will just do the same as Warbuton is doing,Both of them make the team decisions and would be the same under Weir.

Any new manager coming in might not want Warburtons players and want to bring in his own,A manager who is new will want to know what budget he has...We don't have a lot.

A new manager will want to bring in his own staff which sometimes includes everyone from the first team to the youths

The media want Warburton to be sacked to fill their newspapers,I can't remember Delia being hounded by the media after 7 games.... Talk of sacking Warburton is just what the media love to see Rangers fans talking about.

We are a work in progress and sometimes progress can be slow,But Rangers fans are totally fickle and demand success yesterday.

Patience is the important thing here and i think he has the making of a good manager for us and has my full backing,You have to walk before you can run... Seven games in and threads talking about if our manager should be sacked is totally bizarre and smacks of spoilt children and listening to endless days from the media about the same thing,Make your mind up at the end of the season not 7 games in ffs. 

This is because everyone expects now we are back in the SPL we should be challenging for it - we are probably only half way through the re-building process.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Thats not the question at the moment, there will be plenty of managers keen to take on the job. At this point the board need to address this dismal start to the season, earlier I said MW wont last till Christmas, but I reckon another hammering from celtic in LC semi will see him gone on the 24th of October.  

If you have any intelligence you'd avoid taking the position of Rangers manager - the expectation for the board and the fans is win the league for but you've fuck all to spend and more importantly your title rivals have just had a £30 million cash injection from the CL and can probably outspend our budget by triple??!?!??!!!

You'd be fucking mental to take that stint on. Whether it's Rangers or not it's just impossible.

No I would give him until the end of the season then judge him unless we really fuck things up then he should be shown the door earlier. I thought we played well today apart from not taking our chances when they came our way imo I feel some players are lacking confidence at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

We might just have seen our next manager at the sheep's den today. Not saying that I would agree though, but you know what boards are like and he's a Ranger's man, as well, so that will resolve everything of course?!!!

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I don't like saying this, but some of our fans really live in fucking cloud cuckoo land. It's not the 1990s anymore!!!!! Wake the fuck up.

So sitting 7th with 5 wins in 17 games is acceptable? Is that what we should be expecting from now on?

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I don't like saying this, but some of our fans really live in fucking cloud cuckoo land. It's not the 1990s anymore!!!!! Wake the fuck up.

I haven't seen many fans expressing this point of view at, it is not beyond our expectations to be beating Hamilton and Ross County at home. The fact is that we have clinged on to these draws, and always look vulnerable to a counter attack. That is a tactical shortfall, and the blame lies firmly at MW, he needs to sort this asap or he should get his jotters. I can't see him turning this around, due to his poor signings and lack of tactical variety so he should be out if results continue in the next couple of months.  

2 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

The job is too big for him. This is not little Brentford with no expectations.

This is Rangers Football Club and we have standards that he is not capable of meeting. Show him the door and pay the money for someone who can.

We don't have any.

1 minute ago, Mols94 said:

So sitting 7th with 5 wins in 17 games is acceptable? Is that what we should be expecting from now on?

It's not acceptable but folk are mental if they want rid of him already - how is that possibly constructive at all? Who replaces him? Who takes charge in the mean time? Could they even do better? 

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I haven't seen many fans expressing this point of view at, it is not beyond our expectations to be beating Hamilton and Ross County at home. The fact is that we have clinged on to these draws, and always look vulnerable to a counter attack. That is a tactical shortfall, and the blame lies firmly at MW, he needs to sort this asap or he should get his jotters. I can't see him turning this around, due to his poor signings and lack of tactical variety so he should be out if results continue in the next couple of months.  

Next couple of months? drop anything against partick next week then cheerio I'm afraid 

Just now, StevenDavis said:

We don't have any.

It's not acceptable but folk are mental if they want rid of him already - how is that possibly constructive at all? Who replaces him? Who takes charge in the mean time? Could they even do better? 

Get Big Eck in. He has shown he can win titles on a shoestring and would at least have us capable of defending a set piece or two.

Warburton is PLG MK II. Plenty of lofty ideas, but very little results. We are spiralling towards mid table mediocrity and it is completely unacceptable.