Players have to take some responibility

steven33jackie

Not for the first time this season our shots on goal and shots on target ratio has been woeful.

Last week 16 shots on goal, 5 on target and today 11 shots on goal, 3 on target and lets not forget 1 of these was a penalty. Some would say that the tactics and shape don't work but if we are creating 27 shots on goal over two games but only getting 8 on target (70% of attempts high or wide) then it stands to reason that games will be either lost or at best a  draw.

So if we were to switch tactics to 4.4.2 or 3.5.2 or whatever, would it make the players any more composed in front of goal ?

Today I was disappointed with the contribution of Waghorn and Gardner. Waghorn shooting high when inside the 6 yard box and Gardner especially the header in the first half and then a total lack of movement in the 2nd half.

We also far to often look to play around the 18 yard box rather than look to take the responsibility of having a go, just prior to their goal Holt twice tried to play a one two  on the edge of the box rather than look too create space for a shot, ok the box maybe congested but look at the save their keeper had to make from a deflected shot in the 1st half.

I still trust Warburton but he has to learn that this constant need to push ourselves forward has been found out and some changes need to be made.

I think the players need to take a LOT of the responsibility. They make so many basic mistakes whether it be passing, shooting, crossing, marking, tracking, movement, tackling, looking for the ball, concentration, decision making, a lot of which really isn't Warburton's fault. Everyone is culpable collectively, the players, the management and the board but a lot of our problems IMO are down to players failing to execute very basic tasks........

The crucial thing for me with MWs tactics 

We are playing teams that are average to garbage but you would never ever know if their defences are as crap as ours .

Aberdeens first goal sums us up .Our defence was and is still garbage .It took route one from goalie to find us out today 

In games we never mix things up so there is never any chance of us finding out if a defence is similarly vulnerable as we continue to play exactly the same way in front of the defences week in week out 

Guy today said when was the last time we had a player through with keeper to beat .Got me thinking .Can't honestly remember 

It's now unacceptable the way we are continually predictable without any change 

The players are only doing what they're told to do.

It's maybe not there fault they're just not good enough for this league and were all pumped up by the hype of last season.

As soon as it was won, they've become woeful, and so has a good % of the managers signings this season.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Players do what the boss tells them, if they can't do what the boss wants, the boss shouldn't be playing them.

They are his players, his tatics, his training.

I don't think it's always as simple as that. I presume the players listen to the manager and have the full intention of executing those instructions but some of the basic mistakes individual players are making is quite ridiculous, and also quite alarming. I appreciate the manager then has the ability to change things however if you analyse the game intently probably all 14 players, or at least the majority of them, on the park during the 90 minutes made unnecessary and needless mistakes. Therefore it can be difficult to manage when there are so many players that are performing inconsistently. Strikers should be hitting the target from 5 yards, players should be able to pass the ball 5 yards, defenders should be able to position themselves, mark and track their runners properly, players shouldn't be playing unnecessary hollywood passes that aren't on etc. 

The gaffer should, will and certainly is being criticised however the players need to do more, a lot more and really need to up their game and quickly.

2 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

2nd biggest wage and transfer budget in the country should be 2nd best team at a minimum

This. That's all there is to that argument. If you want to moan about the fact we're not beating Celtic and topping the league then fine, talk about investment. But it has no relevance in the context of us sitting 7th in the league and losing to the likes of Aberdeen and drawing with Ross County and Killie.

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Players like tavernier are not as good as they think they are! He was posted missing today 

Agreed.  I think he is taking attention in the Glasgow goldfish bowl to heart to make up for the lack of a stellar career so far. Its a curse. Players like him need to keep grounding themselves or they can become delusional too easy.

12 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

2nd biggest wage and transfer budget in the country should be 2nd best team at a minimum

Which is where I suspect we will be at end of the season - this is a bad spell but over the season we will end up at least (!!! ) 2nd 

There is only one player who can influence his team mates through his overall intensity and actions, and that is Kenny Miller. We have a squad full of good talent, but not enough heart and grit to perform above their level when required, individually and collectively.

It's going to be a very long season unless other players can match Kenny's commitment, creativity and workrate.