Andy Halliday is a Scotland player

Deanzmeanzheinz

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

No, no drink and I'd like to think my opinion is rational. I think he's better than McGinn and he gets picked. 

AH is also playing at a higher level than McGinn which was an issue for Chesney in reference to Lee Wallace anyway. I think if anyone compares Halliday to McGinn then you might feel AH is a strong candidate for the Scotland squad.

Scotland wont qualify for a major tournament for many years.  Even if Halliday was part of the Scotland setup he would just be wasting his time.  Even Barrie left the Scotland camp early and went back to regular training. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You think Halliday should play for Scotland based on what?  A good performance against QotS and Partick Thistle?  The guy has been rank during most games this season.  He's unproven at SPL level nevermind international level.  Also, isn't McGinn a winger?

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

No McGinn isn't a winger, he's a midfielder. Is he better than halliday? 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't watch McGinn and couldn't tell you.  I certainly don't think Halliday should be near the Scotland squad.  As I said, he's been poor this season along with the rest of our squad and only had a couple of good games against poor opposition.  When everyone's fit I don't think Halliday would get a game for Rangers let alone the international side. 

The fuck you oan about?:lol::lol::lol:

Alex Rae was spot on when he said the team should be built round him and Holt. 

But then again Warburton knew that last season when he gave them extended contracts. 

The two of them don't leave anything on the pitch. They have their bad games like everyone but the pressure of playing for Rangers is huge and these two guys know what it's all about now. 

6 hours ago, gsa said:

No idea why he'd want to play for the trannies in dreary qualifiers in some ex soviet shit hole.

International football only exits in terms of major tournaments. That's when it's engaging and exciting. Zero chance of Scotland ever qualifying so why bother? 

Exactly this, sums up international football from Scotlands perspective to a tee.

My main reason for losing interest in the Scottish national team about 25 years ago was I found that I had fuck all in common with their supporters. Unlike the 60s, 70s and 80s when the Scotland support was pretty much 90% Rangers fans, I found myself surrounded by a bunch of thickos from Jacobite land, who were very anti Rangers, very anti British, and quite literally hadn't a fucking Scooby about the game of football. You couldn't even have a decent chaff with these folk on the rudiments of the game, as they were clueless on the mere basics of football. Most are only there to get pished, dress up as fairies, pester wimmen, and basically be an absolute pollution to the various countries and cities that they visit. A big No thanks from me.

While I was in a minority only a matter of weeks ago in seeing Halliday as the first team, any calls that he should be playing for Scotland is premature; it's been a handful of games in the top flight in a stuttering Rangers team, let's keep it real. If he keeps it up then the case for him being called up will mount up also but at this point try and remember when we were sitting top of this division and asserting our intentions for the title, now with that memory in mind try and imagine a team being promoted to the division and starting "brightly" and come mid October there are calls for a player from that team to be called up; would you honestly echo those calls?! Just now in my opinion we should just savour the fight he's shown thus far and will him on to maintain it and improve as the season progresses.

Not read all the posts, but I've been saying this for the last 2 months.

if GS thinks it's ok to promote Tierney, after a handful of games for Celtic, and Burke after even less, I'll be disappointed if Halliday, on current form, is not even quoted for future squads.

i know a lot don't care, and that's ok, but I think he deserves recognition for his ability this season. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Couldn't give a shit about them to be honest, but Haliday in a Scotland midfield isn't going to get them qualified either. 

You're probably right, my point was just that players like McGinn are no better.

Fletcher has had his day unfortunately.

I couldn't give a shit about them either, haven't done for a number of years, i'm sure Andys main focus just now is keeping his place in our midfield.

Just now, plumbGER said:

You're probably right, my point was just that players like McGinn are no better.

Fletcher has had his day unfortunately.

I couldn't give a shit about them either, haven't done for a number of years, i'm sure Andys main focus just now is keeping his place in our midfield.

We were discussing if Halliday would stay in our midfield when everyone is fit not so long ago, but suddenly he should be getting picked for Scotland. 

Your right the ones playing aren't much better, but that says more about the void in talent of the national team and not if Halliday is any good. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We were discussing if Halliday would stay in our midfield when everyone is fit not so long ago, but suddenly he should be getting picked for Scotland. 

Your right the ones playing aren't much better, but that says more about the void in talent of the national team and not if Halliday is any good. 

I think there is talented players out there, we are stuck with a clueless national manager who will stick to his favourites unfortunately.

Andy is a decent player, he's not brilliant but he holds his own.

It's beyond a joke that countries such as Iceland etc can qualify for tourneys while we stick to playing caveman football.

I won't lose any sleep over it right enough.