Andy Halliday is a Scotland player

Deanzmeanzheinz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs its a long long time since a Scotland call up could  be considered an honour. Its no coincidence that players like Alan Shearer give their career a new  lease of life by quitting international football. Its a great opportunity to take a break,  recharge the batteries,  and let those niggling injuries and knocks have  some time to heal. 

In summary..  fuck them right off Andy. 

2 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The OP will be starting a thread for independence next, mind you another shite player wouldn't look out of place in that Scotland squad.

Starting a thread about Independence??? 

Can you explain that?? 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Football is full of opinions - I respect yours CB 

Are you saying McGinn is better? 

You think Halliday should play for Scotland based on what?  A good performance against QotS and Partick Thistle?  The guy has been rank during most games this season.  He's unproven at SPL level nevermind international level.  Also, isn't McGinn a winger?

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You think Halliday should play for Scotland based on what?  A good performance against QotS and Partick Thistle?  The guy has been rank during most games this season.  He's unproven at SPL level nevermind international level.  Also, isn't McGinn a winger?

No McGinn isn't a winger, he's a midfielder. Is he better than halliday? 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

No McGinn isn't a winger, he's a midfielder. Is he better than halliday? 

I don't watch McGinn and couldn't tell you.  I certainly don't think Halliday should be near the Scotland squad.  As I said, he's been poor this season along with the rest of our squad and only had a couple of good games against poor opposition.  When everyone's fit I don't think Halliday would get a game for Rangers let alone the international side. 

Totally cringing.

Why does everyone go overboard with sweeping stuff like this after a rare but decent performance and a win?

Just enjoy the win and the moment and let's stop saying things that in 2 weeks time will make us look stupid.

We are starting to get on the right track I feel. Let it be for now.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Will you answer the question then- is McGinn better than halliday?

It's a non argument and I couldn't care less, Halliday isn't good enough for Rangers and if Scotland choose him then good luck because he will need it as they are a poor side also and I don't see anything that Halliday would bring to the Scotland side.

It's a non argument and I couldn't care less, Halliday isn't good enough for Rangers and if Scotland choose him then good luck because he will need it as they are a poor side also and I don't see anything that Halliday would bring to the Scotland side.

Fuck up.

Not good enough for Rangers, at this stage he is.

It's not a non argument - McGinn is in the Scotland squad and came on as a sub the other night. If he's better than halliday then fair enough. However, I rate Halliday (imho) and think he's better than McGinn hence my OP. 

It's not a non argument - McGinn is in the Scotland squad and came on as a sub the other night. If he's better than halliday then fair enough. However, I rate Halliday (imho) and think he's better than McGinn hence my OP. 

I know Andy's a Rangers man, that pulls on the old heart strings, and that's probably influenced your judgment here.  Maybe you've had a few cans given it's Friday night which is understandable.  Andy Halliday for the Scotland squad tho?

You may be right, but that doesn't say a lot for Scottish football as 70% of the current squad would not be at Ibrox if we were not in the financial position we find ourselves in. The thing about McGinn playing for Scotland is he is in the second tier and Strachan refused to play Rangers players when they were in the second tier.

Since the bust up with Barton he has raised his game and probably been our best player. As for Scotland they would rather play English Championship players which tells you how highly the Scottish system is regarded.

Scotland won't quallify for another tournament for another 20 years unless a route and branch change of the way we do things happens. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I know Andy's a Rangers man, that pulls on the old heart strings, and that's probably influenced your judgment here.  Maybe you've had a few cans given it's Friday night which is understandable.  Andy Halliday for the Scotland squad tho?

No, no drink and I'd like to think my opinion is rational. I think he's better than McGinn and he gets picked. 

AH is also playing at a higher level than McGinn which was an issue for Chesney in reference to Lee Wallace anyway. I think if anyone compares Halliday to McGinn then you might feel AH is a strong candidate for the Scotland squad.

You may be right, but that doesn't say a lot for Scottish football as 70% of the current squad would not be at Ibrox if we were not in the financial position we find ourselves in. The thing about McGinn playing for Scotland is he is in the second tier and Strachan refused to play Rangers players when they were in the second tier.

Can't argue with any of that DR ?