The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You divided 1 million by 8 and somehow ended up with 12500.

That's on you, no other poster.

Either you've accidentally dropped a zero every single time you've posted that on this forum or you should sue your old maths teacher.

ye I missed a '0' and re-pasted it, my bad

But not as bad as Barton & whoever signed him

Hope he was just paid up to Jan and Burnley will take him as a free agent tomorrow.

I am sure both parties regret the way things turned out. Hopefully the freed up monies going forward will get a couple of decent younger player in the next window,

Interesting to read the BBC's summary of the Barton / Rangers episode.    See the BBC website.  Some extracts...

After such a drubbing, harsh words needed to be exchanged, for sure - but Barton had been indulged to such an extent by that point that he shouted and bawled at his manager in a way very few professional footballers would. That was Barton's fault, but also Warburton's. A manager creates the mood at a club. He sets the code of conduct.

Warburton allowed Joey to be Joey for too long. His tolerance blew up in his face, almost literally.

…………………….There was no chance of Barton and Rangers finding peace. The club couldn't handle the player - a costly embarrassment - and the player couldn't handle the environment he thought he was going to lord it over.

Unsurprisingly now that Rangers has parted company with Barton and the matter between them formally closed, the press can now open up with more of their own views - like the BBC article which is not slow to lay a good measure of blame for all of this on Warburton and on the Club's inability to handle the player.  

Barton's reputation was known before he arrived at Ibrox.   Warbuton knew this.  But here it seems we have a striking example of a manager who could not manage the situation created by circumstances he himself either encouraged (frank 'group' discussions - heated even) or tolerated for too long before acting (all the Barton jibes in the media in his early days at Ibrox).     Arguably not exactly the sign of a manager in full control of the player environment he has created / permitted to happen.   An isolated and unique one-off or an indication that this was beyond Warburton's experience to handle in a much better way. 

2 hours ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

it's not just him in a nutshell in my opinion mate, considering that JB is probably under a confidentiality clause (as Rangers tweet which announced he will leave the club said "Neither Rangers nor Joey Barton will comment further.")

- and that Twitter quote could have been JB's secret message to the Rangers fans that he wasn't aloud to voice his opinion. 

To be honest I think the club handled his suspension wrong anyway, he was probably sitting in the house for weeks while being demonised by Rangers fans and not even knowing if he will come back to play or not - I think that is actually a valid reason to feel stressed.

A secret message?????  

What is he ? 6??

If he didnt act like a fucking prick with his "sometimes you apologise and dont mean it" schtick then maybe people would have given him a bit of slack but naw, he tried the billy bigbaws nonsense and then wandered about telling anycunt who would listen that he wasnt sorry and generally coming the cunt.  

I agree the whole thing was handled poorly.  Not knowing the whole story but  from what im led to believe, i would have sent him home from training and taken a breather to get the facts together and if its found he has breached club rules i would have fined him then papped him in front of the cameras to apologise for not being available and then if he started his smart mouth shite he would have been training with the u16s, not sitting in the house on full wages for 3 weeks and if the attitude had not changed he would have been told in no uncertain terms that his career as a whole was over and he could see his contract out in the reserves with no allowance for media appearences.

Fuck him and fuck his shitey attitude to OUR club. We would all give anything to play for Rangers and this prick treats it with contempt. 

Fuck his secret message

5 hours ago, murzo said:

Why did you defend and stick up for him so vehemently,  he did nothing for us and showed nothing.

Do you know what happened to cause his suspension?  None of us do.  God forbid I might give a Rangers player the benefit of the doubt.

2 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Just a thought, maybe the betting thing is fuckin huge and he's been caught big style ?

He never placed bets on any Scottish games.  He bet on teams down South and for Barcelona to beat Celtic in Europe.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Do you know what happened to cause his suspension?  None of us do.  God forbid I might give a Rangers player the benefit of the doubt.

Why not give give the manager the benefit of the doubt, after all he was there, knows what happened and is in charge.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why not give give the manager the benefit of the doubt, after all he was there, knows what happened and is in charge.

I think the reason that manager has came in for so much criticism is because, if the rumours are true, Joey Barton isn't the first or last player to have clashed with him this season.

Between that and the lacklustre performances, it does make you wonder what's going on at the club.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I think the reason that manager has came in for so much criticism is because, if the rumours are true, Joey Barton isn't the first or last player to have clashed with him this season.

Between that and the lacklustre performances, it does make you wonder what's going on at the club.

Fair enough mate, does make you wonder though.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Whatever he did it's caused him to be released so he's done something wrong.

By the sound of it you're still giving him the benefit of the doubt. Support the Club, not the player.

Not interested in anything regarding what happened coming out.  He survives on stories and he took a wad of money from our club and we got absolutely nothing in return. Who wants to hear about squabbles involving him now?  Fuckin' Jeremy Kyle shit and more talk for Joey.

Fuckin' running length of park to shake hands and make up with with broon.  Rather than get plaudits for that arse licking, it was another example of his sheer lack of judgement. The misunderstood late developer who now spends time reading and just has to tell everyone about his penny dropping revelations.  It's like a cunt from Yorkshire or a Vegan.  You didn't ask, but by fuck they will tell you!

As for the bbc's take on it, that is the usual oirish pish from rugby man turned football expert. A fuckin' twat of an inter louper who gets soda bread sent over on the ferry daily to remind him of home.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I don't think Warburton is much of a manager.  If Barton has had ago at Warburton for the shite defending or inability to change his tactics then I applaud him for it.  To be honest, Barton would only be echoing what most of the fans have been saying for some time now.  If Warburton is still the manager of Rangers in January I'd be very surprised.

What was said, and how it was said, remains a mystery.  Hopefully one day we can learn the truth about what's happened.  A lot of fan money have been pissed away and the club has been badly embarrassed.  Someone should be held accountable for it.

2 minutes ago, murzo said:

By the sound of it you're still giving him the benefit of the doubt. Support the Club, not the player.

Mark Warburton is not the football club.  The club employed both Barton and Warburton and by the looks of it neither has been doing their jobs correctly.  The best thing for the club at this point could be the removal of the manager who refuses to try something different when his one and only tactic goes wrong time, and time again. 

15 minutes ago, murzo said:

To be fair we don't know that it was the club's decision to release him.

It was looking like we were quite happy to leave him training with the kids until at least January. The fact he is reportedly accepting 8 weeks wages as a "pay off" when he could have held us to ransom for a much larger figure, bearing in mind he signed a 2 year deal, could suggest that it was actually his decision and it was him that had his representatives approach the club after the way he was apparently treated at the training ground last week.

Just a thought.

Interesting story from Joey when he was managed by Mark Hughes, had a blow up with him, followed him into his managers room, looked the door and offered to fight him there & then.

Does give you an insight into Joey's mindset when faced with authority figures.

Just now, Ace said:

Interesting story from Joey when he was managed by Mark Hughes, had a blow up with him, followed him into his managers room, looked the door and offered to fight him there & then.

Not sure that gives us much of an insight tbh.

There's plenty of people that would love to punch fuck out of Mark Hughes. Iirc, Barry Ferguson wasn't a big fan either.

13 minutes ago, murzo said:

Really? He disagreed with a manager. Who doesn't,  so what's the big deal? He wasn't and couldn't be sacked as the story goes, so where's the wrong doing? Obviously the manager wasn't big enough to manage the situation nor Barton. He couldn't work with him. Shit happens and it doesn't make Barton at fault at all and the result doesn't show otherwise. A mutual parting of the ways and Barton compensated. Barton aint no saint, but in this episode he has been overly vilified. 

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't think Warburton is much of a manager.  If Barton has had ago at Warburton for the shite defending or inability to change his tactics then I applaud him for it.  To be honest, Barton would only be echoing what most of the fans have been saying for some time now.  If Warburton is still the manager of Rangers in January I'd be very surprised.

What was said, and how it was said, remains a mystery.  Hopefully one day we can learn the truth about what's happened.  A lot of fan money have been pissed away and the club has been badly embarrassed.  Someone should be held accountable for it.

The only person responsible for Barton's behaviour is Barton himself, nobody else.  Doesn't surprise me though that some are determined to blame others for it.  Wouldn't be like they had an agenda or anything would it?

7 minutes ago, Ace said:

Hughes was a well known bully, hated by most he managed and nothing a good square go couldn't sort. If my boss tried to go to the bully, there wouldn't be a second opportunity. 

Bottom line, Warburton can neither take criticism nor pressure and it's showing.