Waghorn off in January?

Ferris Bueller

19 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What? What the fuck are you talking about? :lol:

You, my friend, have contradicted yourself an absolute peach.

Explain the contradiction? It was me who said chubs and dont let the door hit you on the way out. No one knows if he wants to stay or not, so my opinion of both options was that he does not want to be there so i made my comment accordingly.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a decent player but he's his moodiness doesn't help him. I think this weak mentality has probably held his career back. Seems to shrink when the pressure is on and he doesn't get his own way. 

He can go and if we recoup our money he will have served his purpose. 

We have to upgrade some of these players who are too weak to keep up with the increasing demands.

He has a weak mentality and this is why he hasn't cut it at this level so far. 

He has the mentality of a young Scottish winger. If the first two attempts don't come off then the head goes down and he's posted missing for the rest of the game. 

Like I said before the tarriers get many millions for average players. Re, Ledley I read it was £2.5mill, but Sky say 800k so I was wrong on that one but players like £1.3mill for Tony Watt to Standard Liege. Is Waghorn any worse than Tony Watt? 

The one thing they have spot on is their PR work, ours is non-existent in that sense. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He has the mentality of a young Scottish winger. If the first two attempts don't come off then the head goes down and he's posted missing for the rest of the game. 

Like I said before the tarriers get many millions for average players. Re, Ledley I read it was £2.5mill, but Sky say 800k so I was wrong on that one but players like £1.3mill for Tony Watt to Standard Liege. Is Waghorn any worse than Tony Watt? 

The one thing they have spot on is their PR work, ours is non-existent in that sense. 

While I agree with most of your post especially how the scum manage to over inflate transfer fees another point about strikers is confidence.Here's a guy who has had his problems with injury works his way back scores 3 goals in match playing through the middle,regardless of who the opposition was and then finds himself pushed wide in next game.Why oh why.No wonder the guys head goes down.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Performances in Europe really raises the value of players and that's what most of their big sales have done.  Until Rangers are back in Europe and proving ourselves at that level than we can't hope for those kind of fees.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

While I agree with most of your post especially how the scum manage to over inflate transfer fees another point about strikers is confidence.Here's a guy who has had his problems with injury works his way back scores 3 goals in match playing through the middle,regardless of who the opposition was and then finds himself pushed wide in next game.Why oh why.No wonder the guys head goes down.

I agree yes but for Waghorn to score 3 goals he needs 6 chances. I think Garner is the better, more natural striker and will still bag 20 goals this season. I do agree that if Waghorn starts it has to be in the middle but then again why can't he adapt when 38 year old Kenny Miller, a striker all his life, hasn't looked out of place playing on either wing? 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Performances in Europe really raises the value of players and that's what most of their big sales have done.  Until Rangers are back in Europe and proving ourselves at that level than we can't hope for those kind of fees.

Please tell me you don't buy that? He scored a grand total of 7 goals in 25 games over 4 years. Only one of those goals were in Europe. 

V

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I agree yes but for Waghorn to score 3 goals he needs 6 chances. I think Garner is the better, more natural striker and will still bag 20 goals this season. I do agree that if Waghorn starts it has to be in the middle but then again why can't he adapt when 38 year old Kenny Miller, a striker all his life, hasn't looked out of place playing on either wing? 

My point is that why fix something that isn't broken.You have a striker who is scoring goals through the middle why put him out wide to accommodate who.Garner and Miller have both been as guilty of missing chances as Waghorn,Again I go back to Sundays game for that,Both missed good chances and have done all season hence where we are in the league.As far as Kenny Miller not looking out of place on either wing well I will respect your opinion on that but cant agree.Strikers are strikers and wingers are wingers.Miller, Garner and Waghorn are all there to score goals and it is there in black and white that ALL are not scoring enough not just Waghorn.

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Think part of the problem is we are now seen as easy pickings. Teams know we will sell at lower prices 

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

My point is that why fix something that isn't broken.You have a striker who is scoring goals through the middle why put him out wide to accommodate who.Garner and Miller have both been as guilty of missing chances as Waghorn,Again I go back to Sundays game for that,Both missed good chances and have done all season hence where we are in the league.As far as Kenny Miller not looking out of place on either wing well I will respect your opinion on that but cant agree.Strikers are strikers and wingers are wingers.Miller, Garner and Waghorn are all there to score goals and it is there in black and white that ALL are not scoring enough not just Waghorn.

I think Garner is still learning to adapt, I honestly believed when he ran through it was in the net, I still think he'll come good. I don't think MW could justify a £1.8 mill outlay on Garner to play Waghorn through the middle because he scored a hat trick against a championship team. Waghorn has to prove every single day that he's the best striker we have and IMO I don't think hes doing that, which is why these stories are coming out. You look at Fod for example. Stepped it up considerably since Gilks came in, same with Tavernier when Hodson came in. I don't understand why Waghorn can't do that because hes looked miles away from any type of form for months.

I agree no-one is scoring enough but were really lacking any sort of creativity at the moment.

I actually think Miller's been our best player this season.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Garner is still learning to adapt, I honestly believed when he ran through it was in the net, I still think he'll come good. I don't think MW could justify a £1.8 mill outlay on Garner to play Waghorn through the middle because he scored a hat trick against a championship team. Waghorn has to prove every single day that he's the best striker we have and IMO I don't think hes doing that, which is why these stories are coming out. You look at Fod for example. Stepped it up considerably since Gilks came in, same with Tavernier when Hodson came in. I don't understand why Waghorn can't do that because hes looked miles away from any type of form for months.

I agree no-one is scoring enough but were really lacking any sort of creativity at the moment.

I actually think Miller's been our best player this season.

I don't think you pay 1.8 million for them to learn anything.They should be straight into the team which he wasn't and he should be straight into scoring goals which may or may not come but so far he is not clinical enough.Just look at that cunt at the scum,has he had to learn to adapt?.Chances have to be put away and not only has Waghorn missed those chances but Miller and Garner as well.

Our front three ( Garner,Miller,Waghorn ) are not clinical enough,how many times have we heard MW say that we are not clinical enough.As far as one or two stepping up perhaps but the same number have went back the way Wallace and Mckay straight away have been pish,hence we have had no consistent threat down the left all season. As far as Miller being our best player all season well that's your opinion and again I cant agree.If you think that a striker who has scored 3 goals in over 700 minutes of play in the league is our best player it says it all for the team.

31 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Please tell me you don't buy that? He scored a grand total of 7 goals in 25 games over 4 years. Only one of those goals were in Europe. 

V

A goal against Barcelona in the Champions League will do plenty to raise a players stock. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A goal against Barcelona in the Champions League will do plenty to raise a players stock. 

You talk pure nonsense sometimes. Going on that theory then the whole Alaves team must be worth 10 times what they were before they beat Barca.

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You talk pure nonsense sometimes. Going on that theory then the whole Alaves team must be worth 10 times what they were before they beat Barca.

There's a world of difference between Barcelona in the Champions League and Alloa in the Scottish Championship.  If you don't want to accept that it's fine.  Live in denial all you like I don't care. 

57 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

39 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's a world of difference between Barcelona in the Champions League and Alloa in the Scottish Championship.  If you don't want to accept that it's fine.  Live in denial all you like I don't care. 

something no right here

2 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Want a new deal, fucking earn it.

This. Waghorn should consider himself lucky for having the chance to play for a massive club like Rangers. He is yet to prove himself against the stronger sides in the league. 500k for him and id happily let him eat his burgers elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, jintybear said:

Has anyone got a link to the sun story? 

"SunSport can reveal the striker, who has scored just once this season, is unhappy he has not been offered a new, improved deal like fellow Gers.

After meeting with boss Mark Warburton at Murray Park on Wednesday, Waghorn wants to leave, with Championship clubs Bristol City and Fulham interested in snapping up the 26-year-old in the New Year transfer window.

Waghorn could even go on loan until the end of the season, but it seems certain he will move on one way or another.

The ex-Wigan man has watched Rob Kiernan, Wes Foderingham and James Tavernier get improved deals in recent months.

Waghorn, who scored 28 goals last season, wanted a bigger wage increase to put him on a par with big hitters Niko Kranjcar and Joe Garner"

I seen it on one of the facebook pages - I assume it's the full story :lol:

I though we did offer him a new deal though? Just not the amount he fancied I guess?

19 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

"SunSport can reveal the striker, who has scored just once this season, is unhappy he has not been offered a new, improved deal like fellow Gers.

After meeting with boss Mark Warburton at Murray Park on Wednesday, Waghorn wants to leave, with Championship clubs Bristol City and Fulham interested in snapping up the 26-year-old in the New Year transfer window.

Waghorn could even go on loan until the end of the season, but it seems certain he will move on one way or another.

The ex-Wigan man has watched Rob Kiernan, Wes Foderingham and James Tavernier get improved deals in recent months.

Waghorn, who scored 28 goals last season, wanted a bigger wage increase to put him on a par with big hitters Niko Kranjcar and Joe Garner"

I seen it on one of the facebook pages - I assume it's the full story :lol:

I though we did offer him a new deal though? Just not the amount he fancied I guess?

Anyone would gutted  when they see Kiernan who's not even a footballer getting improved terms and contract.

I thought he was offered a new contract around the same time as Tav but turned it down . If we can sell him for I would hope in the region of £2 mil then that would be a great bit of business . I know it might seem a lot but the English market is max and if there are a couple of teams interested we might get decent money 

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Anyone would gutted  when they see Kiernan who's not even a footballer getting improved terms and contract.

Mate even Clint said in the official Rangers website that he hopes to continue his partnership with rob and they can both learn from each other. Kiernan is decent at least apart from a poor game in the scf