Waghorn off in January?

Ferris Bueller

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Like I said above. Cellic manage to get millions for average or poor footballers. Why can't we?

Possibly because we don't have any ex directors of Rangers on the Norwich board like ex Sellik director(supporter) David McNally willing to buy some of the duds we are employing for over inflated prices.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

See tweet below re Waghorn, if this is true this is even more worrying and Warburtons tenure seems to be falling apart, one fall out is unfortunate, two starts to look like a serious issue.

Not really bothered if Waghorn is going as i believe he found his level last season, but the big picture doesn't look good.

Looks like he scores all his goals in training.

Only thing that's shocked me is how that taig bullshit rumour took so long to make it on here.

Seriously guys - Waghorn putting on loads of weight on purpose so he fails at weigh in's and hopefully makes Warburton sell him cos he's in a bad mood?

Listen to yerself's :lol: 

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

6 months ago I would have said this was a disaster. Now? not so fussed. He looks slow and lacking in confidence in the SPFL. I would back MW if he wants to start replacing some players who obviously cant hack it. I dont think that reflects badly on him at all and dont see how that relates to the title. Replacing players doesn't mean you have lost the dressing room. it means you are being a football manager.

And a potentionally strong one

As a few have mentioned there's something missing as our reactions to a defeat have been shite ever since we won the challenge cup.. that is a hell of a long time to not show alot of fight for your manager and themselves.  It's very similar to mccoist last 6 month in the championship.  Footballing wise we're better but the will to go that extra yard is non existent. 

There looks to be a lack of motivation and at either side of the city that can't happen

1 hour ago, True Azure said:

Possibly because we don't have any ex directors of Rangers on the Norwich board like ex Sellik director(supporter) David McNally willing to buy some of the duds we are employing for over inflated prices.

The tarriers 3 biggest sales went to Southampton though.

Hooper went to Norwich for less than their original valuation of him.

It's nice conspiracy theory though.

1 hour ago, True Azure said:

What a load of pish.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not too fussed about Waghorn based on current form.

However.

I don't think I've ever experienced where:

- over 3 months not one player has performed consistently well

- where in every game bar one there's more players performing poorly than well

-where pretty much no sub has the drive to make a difference and show they deserve a jersey

- where other than talk there's no reaction to dropped points & poor performances.

I'm not sure if it's dressing room lost, but things sure as hell aren't great there and I don't see the players highly driven to improve things for him, themselves or us.

I have said for a while that something is not right behind the scenes and agree with your post. We do not seem like a motivated team (apart from the recent KIllie home game) and that goes back to the Scottish Cup final. Very concerning IMO.

46 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

The tarriers 3 biggest sales went to Southampton though.

Hooper went to Norwich for less than their original valuation of him.

It's nice conspiracy theory though.

I'm sure there have been close connections regarding board positions where after leaving Sellik they moved to Norwich, as long ago as the Peter Grant connection?

1 minute ago, True Azure said:

I'm sure there have been close connections regarding board positions where after leaving Sellik they moved to Norwich, as long ago as the Peter Grant connection?

Still doesn't back up your theory regarding them selling players though does it?

I'm sure the 8-9 million rated Hooper ended up going to Norwich for around 5 million.

If anything that would suggest them allowing players to move to Norwich on the cheap as opposed to Norwich paying overinflated fees.

Don't know if i would go as far as to say he's lost the dressing room.The lack of reaction after piss poor performances is worrying though. Seems like very few in the squad realise that these arent good enough and aren't acceptable for Rangers. Im surprised Halliday isnt making that extremely clear given the fact we're his boy hood club.

Also getting beyond tired of the players social media after poor results 'We're gutted' or 'We go again on Saturday'. No one actually seems to back that up with actions.

Warburton needs to make it abundantly clear that these results arent good enough, even if that means bouncing a football boot off someones dish :wink:

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Still doesn't back up your theory regarding them selling players though does it?

I'm sure the 8-9 million rated Hooper ended up going to Norwich for around 5 million.

If anything that would suggest them allowing players to move to Norwich on the cheap as opposed to Norwich paying overinflated fees.

I'm sure that Norwich bought a couple of fringe Sellik duds for £2 million a couple of years back. That seemed to be their bottom estimation of every one they were trying to punt then.

Don't see it that Warburton had lost the dressing room . It seems that there is a determined section of the media trying to get rid of him . Regarding Waghorn he has not signed an extension to his contract so if he is not committed then January window would be the best one to sell him. Given the ridiculous amount of money sloshing about in England we could possibly get up to £2 million for him .Anwhere in that region and we have done a good deal 

3 minutes ago, True Azure said:

I'm sure that Norwich bought a couple of fringe Sellik duds for £2 million a couple of years back. That seemed to be their bottom estimation of every one they were trying to punt then.

Only other player I can think of off the top of my head that moved to Norwich was David Marshall and I'm sure he went for less than a million.

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Don't see it that Warburton had lost the dressing room . It seems that there is a determined section of the media trying to get rid of him . Regarding Waghorn he has not signed an extension to his contract so if he is not committed then January window would be the best one to sell him. Given the ridiculous amount of money sloshing about in England we could possibly get up to £2 million for him .Anwhere in that region and we have done a good deal 

Nobody is paying £2m for Martyn Waghorn :lol: 

Really hope we keep Waghorn. He's an absolute superstar. I don't care how much money is on offer, whether it's 25k or 250k, we must keep this SPL Messi. :rolleyes: Didn't get a move in the summer + not being good enough at this level does not equal Warburton losing the dressing room. 

Although if the players aren't playing for Warburton he'll be gone soon enough but the majority of the squad won't be far behind him because based on this season alone they haven't got what it takes to be here playing whether that's under Warburton or anybody else. 

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Meh. Not looked interested since his contract negotiations stalled. Hasn't done anything of note either. 

Couple of million for him and that'll be fine. 

We'll no get a couple million for him. Be lucky to get what we paid.