Waghorn off in January?

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

wouldn't  bother me one bit and to be honest I hope he isn't the last player to leave as I think we should be looking at moving on some of them who have proved not to be up to the job.

Aye let's get back to a lean, mean squad of footballers. That's what MW said he was all about when he first arrived. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Weird one as i honestly thought Waghorn would have been good enough to make the step up.

He's always needed a lot of chances before scoring thinking back to watching him last year he could of almost had twice as many goals if he had scored some really good chances! Seemed to stick the harder ones away and miss the easier chances 

Had such high hopes for Waghorn.  Looked unstoppable at times.  But as many have already said in this thread... Championship is his level.  And that's fucking brutal btw.  The Scottish Championship for an ex England U21?  Must lack in motivation imho   

And surely.. pulling on our shirt should be motivation enough. (tu)

9 hours ago, boyd09 said:

No great loss if he doesn't want to be here , better strikers have left than him , he does not look fit or interested anyway.

He did a good job last year but we move on.

He'll go on and play for a bigger and better club than Rangers, I think not but thanks and wish him well bye.

9 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Boys at 5 a side (fans of other scottish clubs) were saying they had heard a rumour about waggy intentionally putting on weight so that he was over the threshold that warburton sets for each player. dunno what substance it has. I stopped listening and continued my warm up. 

I said on Sunday he looked overweight so their might be something in it.

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

Thought he could have made a difference at this level as well, looks like he is not interested at all

Something is not right and maybe what happened at Brentford (alledgedly) is now happening here

Mini Murray is trying that sabermetrics pish I heard from my mates dug

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Meh. Not looked interested since his contract negotiations stalled. Hasn't done anything of note either. 

Couple of million for him and that'll be fine. 

It wasn't that long ago Waghorn was the man. However, whilst our players aren't the greatest they aint that bad, but what we have witnessed for far too long, is far too many of them under performing week in week out, looking disinterested, with little passion and some looking like they don't even want to be on the park. This is all with pretty much the majority of them who set the Championship on fire in the first half of last season. I say that is no coincidence and the common denominator is Warburton and his system. 

Apart from the players not having the ability to play the system against better opposition, I am confident that they hate it, as they look mighty uncomfortable with it on the park and the perormance and results tell all.

So, I would say yes, he has lost the dressing. God only knows what they think, but it can't continue.

"Apart from the players not having the ability to play the system against better opposition, I am confident that they hate it, as they look mighty uncomfortable with it on the park and the performance and results tell all."

Blue Avenger, if you're right that's very worrying, I mean the bit about the players hating it. I wouldn't disagree about them not having the ability.

16 minutes ago, Grundy said:

"Apart from the players not having the ability to play the system against better opposition, I am confident that they hate it, as they look mighty uncomfortable with it on the park and the performance and results tell all."

Blue Avenger, if you're right that's very worrying, I mean the bit about the players hating it. I wouldn't disagree about them not having the ability.

Well, if you are continually asked to do something you don't like, there will eventually be reaction. To me they just don't appear comfortable with it. Watching us pass from the keeper is just embarassing at times and the team just appear to have lost it's zest.