Trump.

KingKirk

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Saw a picture of him and Gerry Adams shaking hands so I'm glad he's nothing to do with our club

... at an IRA fundraiser.

Stunning what Trump supporters are willing to set aside. I can almost get it when the alternative is Hillary Clinton as president, but for a Rangers owner? Someone that attended an IRA fundraiser? Really?

It's like Trump has one of these...

tumblr_mbui1kpPoU1rxdw8g.gif

He's also a fucking knob.

21 hours ago, King Jela said:

The most controversial, most hated President of all time, a bigoted, racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-human, anti-whatever else they say about him has links to Rangers according to the Scottish media :rolleyes: Wonder who this mystery source is? 

Fucking cretins 

Could be worse, much worse; he could be a fucking paedo.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

... at an IRA fundraiser.

Stunning what Trump supporters are willing to set aside. I can almost get it when the alternative is Hillary Clinton as president, but for a Rangers owner? Someone that attended an IRA fundraiser? Really?

It's like Trump has one of these...

tumblr_mbui1kpPoU1rxdw8g.gif

He's also a fucking knob.

The British government sold out to the IRA years ago so he's in good company there sadly 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

The situation we've been in if Trump came along with millions I wouldn't be saying no regardless of the moral questions 

Someone that's put money into the pockets of/helped promote murderers of innocent British people (at a time when those murderers were still a going concern)?

I'm surprised. That's normally the kind of thing that would be considered a bridge too far on here, to say the least. 

Trump must have some kind of mind altering device, I can't think of any other explanation. This kind of talk would normally be a hanging offence on here. 

He's a bridge or ten too far for me, personally.

5 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

Aye, let's be owned by a greedy, selfish, lying, bigoted, racist, women-assaulting misogynistic, hate-filled crook. What could possibly go wrong? When things weren't going the way he liked he would file bankruptcy again. Is it really that difficult to look a year or two into the future?

Valid points, i think it would end up like a circus act. Avoid!

“Donald Trump has never donated money to Sinn Féin. He did arrive at a lunch in 1995 as a guest of somebody else and got his photo taken with Gerry but he never donated any money and neither Sinn Féin nor Friends of Sinn Féin has had any contact with him since,” said the spokesman.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-denies-receiving-money-from-donald-trump-1.2707528

40 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

The British government sold out to the IRA years ago so he's in good company there sadly 

tony fenian blair did, even though his wife was from a fenian worshipping family, he claimed he was a Protestant, until he was no longer the PM.

Typical lying underhanded fenian cunt - who sold out the British Northern Irish to the ira scum.

2 minutes ago, chepooka said:

“Donald Trump has never donated money to Sinn Féin. He did arrive at a lunch in 1995 as a guest of somebody else and got his photo taken with Gerry but he never donated any money and neither Sinn Féin nor Friends of Sinn Féin has had any contact with him since,” said the spokesman.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-denies-receiving-money-from-donald-trump-1.2707528

Oh well, if Sinn Fein says so.

He also went to the dinner, knowing what it was (A fundraiser AND promotional event) at which his personal presence was taken advantage of. Not to mention that someone paid for his attendance on his behalf.

Like I say, standards on here are slipping.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Someone that's put money into the pockets of/helped promote murderers of innocent British people (at a time when those murderers were still a going concern)?

I'm surprised. That's normally the kind of thing that would be considered a bridge too far on here, to say the least. 

Trump must have some kind of mind altering device, I can't think of any other explanation. This kind of talk would normally be a hanging offence on here. 

He's a bridge or ten too far for me, personally.

It was in a period where the IRA were being allowed to become more legitimate, I believe Bill Clinton was big on pushing the British government in the 'peace process'. It was a disgrace and it continues to this day where IRA commanders are considered legitimate leaders in government, clearly a far wider issue than Donald Trump

I said plenty of times in the politics forum I wouldn't have voted for Trump (or Clinton) and I doubt he was ever anywhere near buying us, but in the hypothetical scenario I wouldn't have chased him away at a time when our whole future was in doubt 

15 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

tony fenian blair did, even though his wife was from a fenian worshipping family, he claimed he was a Protestant, until he was no longer the PM.

Typical lying underhanded fenian cunt - who sold out the British Northern Irish to the ira scum.

To be fair the Tory government before him started off the process, from what I know about it anyway 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

It was in a period where the IRA were being allowed to become more legitimate, I believe Bill Clinton was big on pushing the British government in the 'peace process'. It was a disgrace and it continues to this day where IRA commanders are considered legitimate leaders in government, clearly a far wider issue than Donald Trump

I said plenty of times in the politics forum I wouldn't have voted for Trump (or Clinton) and I doubt he was ever anywhere near buying us, but in the hypothetical scenario I wouldn't have chased him away at a time when our whole future was in doubt 

This kind of post is normally known as 'apologism' on RM.

They were bombing and murdering British people when he went to that event. On every other occasion in RM history that kind of thing would have someone a persona non-grata.

Hillary and Bill Clinton have nothing to do with it (if they were the ones linked to the club or in any hypothetical scenario, I could come up with many reasons I'd avoid them like the plague as well), nor does how you voted. He would not be an appropriate man to be associated with Rangers, considering Rangers' links to NI. 

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

To be fair the Tory government before him started off the process, from what I know about it anyway 

On condition they put down their arms and bombs - from MT.

blair insisted that (so-called) unconditional peace would be agreed, unknown to everyone that he was one of them.

If he was our only hope of survival back in 2012 i'd have told him where to stick his money. disgusting man. shame on any you lot saying you'd take his money. should have a wee word with yourselves. i love this club but cmon. you have a problem with mike ashley but donald trump is ok? get a grip fs. 

2 hours ago, chepooka said:

For some reason l don't believe that?

2 hours ago, one55 said:

If he was our only hope of survival back in 2012 i'd have told him where to stick his money. disgusting man. shame on any you lot saying you'd take his money. should have a wee word with yourselves. i love this club but cmon. you have a problem with mike ashley but donald trump is ok? get a grip fs. 

You'd rather the club had died?

Load of nonsense in truth mate, easy to take such a moral standpoint in a hypothetical question 

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

This kind of post is normally known as 'apologism' on RM.

They were bombing and murdering British people when he went to that event. On every other occasion in RM history that kind of thing would have someone a persona non-grata.

Hillary and Bill Clinton have nothing to do with it (if they were the ones linked to the club or in any hypothetical scenario, I could come up with many reasons I'd avoid them like the plague as well), nor does how you voted. He would not be an appropriate man to be associated with Rangers, considering Rangers' links to NI. 

No apologism, I don't even know the full story and I'm honest enough to say that I'd have had near enough anyone come in to save us at that desperate time 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

No apologism, I don't even know the full story and I'm honest enough to say that I'd have had near enough anyone come in to save us at that desperate time 

Fair enough. I'm not outraged, just very, very surprised.

Personally, I don't see the point if you have to give up much of what Rangers is to survive. Might as well be dead.

Put it this way; what if in Gerry Adams was massively wealthy and decided to buy Rangers and own it as a business interest? Would anyone go for that? If the answer is no, then surely by extension the answer must be no for one of his backers?

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Fair enough. I'm not outraged, just very, very surprised.

Personally, I don't see the point if you have to give up much of what Rangers is to survive. Might as well be dead.

Put it this way; what if in Gerry Adams was massively wealthy and decided to buy Rangers and own it as a business interest? Would anyone go for that? If the answer is no, then surely by extension the answer must be no for one of his backers?

There's always examples that are too extreme of course

I don't see how it's a big surprise though, unionism is a big part of what we are yet there weren't many suggesting we turned big independence supporter Jim McColl away when it looked like he was going to get involved 

7 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

There's always examples that are too extreme of course

I don't see how it's a big surprise though, unionism is a big part of what we are yet there weren't many suggesting we turned big independence supporter Jim McColl away when it looked like he was going to get involved 

A different (legitimate, democratic) political outlook is one thing, murdering innocent Brits, killing innocent people that we've had a long association with, or supporting people that do that... I'd suggest that's an example of too extreme, and quite a further leap from voting for independence.