Price Of Football 2016: Rangers

Gaz52

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Price of football is a disgrace, £450 should be the maximum for Season Tickets, if you include the two 'freebies' that works out at just over £20 quid a game and twenty's plenty for away tickets, anyone charging more than a quid for a tea is a fucking disgrace, pies £1.50 max

What freebies ? 

4 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

All well and good if your loaded but the prices of food drink programs at ibrox is a disgrace 

By the time you've paid your match ticket, travel, something to eat/drink you're talking a good £60-70 per game and if you're taking your kids along then maybe even double it. I'm sure it works out cheaper having a ST but still taking the food, travel etc into account, it's not a cheap day out by any stretch

11 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

By the time you've paid your match ticket, travel, something to eat/drink you're talking a good £60-70 per game and if you're taking your kids along then maybe even double it. I'm sure it works out cheaper having a ST but still taking the food, travel etc into account, it's not a cheap day out by any stretch

Tbf, it basically costs me £7.50 for travel, but don't eat anything until a get home so not too bad.

12 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

6 pounds for a pie and bovril midweek its ends up being purchased as I haven't had any dinner yet 

My ST is £295 plus £80 for the tim games. So all in all £375 which is great value. As others have said the cost of the grub is ridiculous so we don't generally buy any. 

Every home game I get a programme and 2 rising stars (at league games). That does me.

I think it's false economy having prices so high.

If they cut them then obviously more folk would buy etc.

It's not like they supply top notch food or tea so the outlay must be minimal.

I usually just have something to eat before i drive up and take my boy to Kfc or McDs if he is hungry.

Me and his season books were around 550 for both in club deck, i was happy enough with that.

16 minutes ago, jintybear said:

My ST is £295 plus £80 for the tim games. So all in all £375 which is great value. As others have said the cost of the grub is ridiculous so we don't generally buy any. 

Every home game I get a programme and 2 rising stars (at league games). That does me.

Is that the ST in the Broomloan with tims included Jintybear? Great price.

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

Is that the ST in the Broomloan with tims included Jintybear? Great price.

Yeah we're in the family stand. We considered moving this season so that the wean could go to the tim games but we like the folk round about us and more importantly the wean can see (he's just small) because there's always another child in front of us. We were worried that we might end up with arseholes around us or really big people then the wean would see nothing so we stayed put.

We paid the extra for me and my husband to go to the OF games but unfortunately there was no option for this for the wee man. TBH it's one less thing I need to worry about especially when their supporters don't care who they bottle :( 

7 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

This is always a good read, about the only decent thing the BBC publish..

Some interesting stats here definitely, £625 is our most expensive season-ticket, higher than anyone else in the league.

I won't post them all, I'll let you have a read at them yourself... £2.50 for a cuppa tea but!!! Mental.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37988939  - Just type Rangers in the search bar, obviously.. 

The poster Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek will be along soon to tell us that as we are charging that much for a cup of tea that we should be 30 points ahead of the taigs.

MW is a fraud and charges 20p extra per sugar. He has been telling us since we beat Hibs 4-2.  Asda own brand teabags too.... fraud, fraud fucking fraud!:belm:

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A small diet Coke in Ibrox costs £5.40.  That's up 40p from last year.  It's fucking ridiculous and I don't see how it can be justified. 

do you mean 2.40 ? That's a rip off aswell but I have never seen a coke being sold at 5.40 ?

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A small diet Coke in Ibrox costs £5.40.  That's up 40p from last year.  It's fucking ridiculous and I don't see how it can be justified. 

Really over a fiver for a coke?

hat a good site though you could spent ages on there.

Ticket prices are high but it's our main source of income so I don't mind so much  . However I can't remember the last time I ate anything that was sold in the ground - over priced rubbish. I think Green struck a deal with our present caterers  so I feel we will be stuck with them for a long time