Our crossing into the box...

1NachoNovo

As someone who used to play at a decent youth level,we would get pelters for not looking up and picking out a cross. random hit and hopes with nobody in the box just gives possession away. only time that was allowed was hard and low across the box,you could maybe get a deflection.

2 hours ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I honestly think some people on here believe a 4-4-2 will cure cancer. 

There's absolutely nothing stopping us from getting more people into the box under a 4-3-3... absolutely nothing. Go back and watch our games early on last season and you'll see we used to have about 6 players in the box at any given time. We played under a 4-3-3 then as well... 

I do agree that we lack players in the box though. With how teams set up against us at home there is nothing wrong with Holt, Windass and Miller getting into the box seeing as there's very little threat of a counter.  

This.

5 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Tav nearly hit a plane by hitting and hoping and went behind. WTF?

To be fair, Tav also put in 4 or 5 which were pretty much on the money.

Going back to your main point, when teams really work on stuff and are well organised, they'll know that MOH drives to a position, then smacks it across low - the brighter ones will move to that area & get their reward.

Or another way, if Garner likes to run to the penalty spot, MOH (or whoever else) needs to make damn sure they pick out that spot.

This is not brain surgery & no amount of psycho-babble about 'pitch geography' or whatever, will improve on these basic fundamentals.

For what it's worth, I thought at least 4 balls went across the face of their goal, which someone purporting to be a £1.8m striker would have got something on.

27 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

He put in a great shift today. all that was missing was a goal.

He seemed to spend a lot of the last quarter stationed just in front of the centre circle - he's never going to score from there.

That one he hit with the wrong foot in the first half (cos he ain't got a left foot?) was a howler.

Denied Windass what would have been a nice assist.

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's actually not our strong point, but when it happens, tends to be special as well as a surprise.

Yes!

Turns out that some of them can actually do it, as well!

I grew up watching wingers who could cross it & CF's who could head it.

I know there's (much) more to it than that, but not much beats a flying header, for me!