Mark Warburtons AGM Speech

RFCRobertson

Just now, Lidl said:

I take that as them not playing to their potential as yet. I wouldn't consider what he's saying as writing them off as shite. 

But, of course, Dave King is a glib a shameless liar. Thats what I've heard on here anyway. :rolleyes:

What potential? you've got to have seen something in them first to have potential. 

If you sign players from Accrington Stanley, Walsall, Swindon, Wigan, St Johnstone, Hearts, Kilmarnock/MK Dons, Leicester reserves, Preston, Bradford etc then that's the standard of player you will get. It's just not enough.

I can meet you half-way (depending on if you want to look at it that way or not) that the guys are honest triers - I've said a few times, but they are not the quality we need. It's nothing to do with potential - they've none - they are just that lower calibre of player. 

as for King yeah he is a liar. I'm the first to say it but that doesn't mean every single word that comes out their mouth are lies, either. The same way the Daily Record is a scummy rag, but that doesn't mean they don't print something that's true sometimes. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

You may guess what you like but you know nothing about me.For you to say that you only give cheek to people who give you it first,really not only do you talk well nonsense but you wander from the truth in that statement.You have still not answered my question what you going to do.Obviously there are a lot of people who think that the present set up are doing the best they can.But again tell me what you and the rest plan to do apart from come on here and moan as if it matters a jot in the big picture.

What was your question again? I never shriek from a question. Ask me again. 

Is your question the bit at the end about what me and the rest plan to do apart from come on here and moan? ... is that what your question is? .. what can anyone do apart from buy their season tickets and support the team on match days. I don't see how coming on here and telling it like it is (even if their opinion is negative) means they don't support the team. I've never understood it when people say that. 

"We deserve better"

An awful, awful comment.

We deserved better when we were being ripped off and the club being ransacked by theives. There are things that have happened OFF the field that would make that a worthy comment. 

ON the field? How can any football fan say that with a straight face? Genuinely? I don't get it? There are nearly 100 professional clubs in England and only one sits at the top each year. Do another 90 odd sets of fans piss and cry and moan they "deserve better".

Rangers have won 54 league titles in almost 150 years of history. Do the math. 

If the supporters who came before us all behaved like you, I don't think we'd be half the club we are.

We have no divine right to win every game. 

The "we are Rangers, we win, we deserve better" stuff is pathetic. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

"We deserve better"

An awful, awful comment.

We deserved better when we were being ripped off and the club being ransacked by theives. There are things that have happened OFF the field that would make that a worthy comment. 

ON the field? How can any football fan say that with a straight face? Genuinely? I don't get it? There are nearly 100 professional clubs in England and only one sits at the top each year. Do another 90 odd sets of fans piss and cry and moan they "deserve better".

Rangers have won 54 league titles in almost 150 years of history. Do the math. 

If the supporters who came before us all behaved like you, I don't think we'd be half the club we are.

We have no divine right to win every game. 

The "we are Rangers, we win, we deserve better" stuff is pathetic. 

and we won't win another one ever again at this rate, with that ethos, Mark my words.

But let's just continue as usual because ...

It's not 2012 anymore and we still have a club.
We were worse under McCoist.
We have a well-spoken, articulate man in Mark Warburton despite the results and league position.
We aren't in the second tier anymore.

This is serious dejavu to the McCoist days even if we are back in the top flight. 

We do deserve better, even if that cliche turns your stomach. 

1 hour ago, Lidl said:

Replacing deadwood like Nicky Law, Dean Sheils and David Templeton with players that have potential to play well for us and go on to be sold for profit. 

38 minutes ago, Lidl said:

These posters are sitting posting garbage on an Internet forum while he's addressing shareholders as the manager of Rangers. I would value his opinion a great deal more than theirs. 

33 minutes ago, Lidl said:

That so called embarrassing shite play for Rangers. Have a bit of respect. Youre talking like a right fenian cunt. 

"Deadwood"?  Have a bit of respect that trio played for Rangers. Or is it OK to criticise them but not MW signings?

And you value the opinion of the Rangers manager just because he holds that post? Do you value the opinion still of the one who signed that 'deadwood'?

You seem conflicted in your own argument there squire.

Rangers managers can be shite. Rangers players can be shite. Hardly talking like anything of the sort by stating it. 

You seem precious when harsh words are spoken about Warburton and his players. Truth hurts it seems.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and we won't win another one ever again at this rate, with that ethos, Mark my words.

But let's just continue as usual because ...

It's not 2012 anymore and we still have a club.
We were worse under McCoist.
We have a well-spoken, articulate man in Mark Warburton despite the results and league position.
We aren't in the second tier anymore.

This is serious dejavu to the McCoist days even if we are back in the top flight. 

We do deserve better, even if that cliche turns your stomach. 

Any Bear that thinks Rangers don't deserve better and have high expectations are simply young men that have only started supporting Rangers .

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Any Bear that thinks Rangers don't deserve better and have high expectations are simply young men that have only started supporting Rangers .

Or old men who remember there was a Rangers before the 9 in a row era. 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

"Deserve" 

I agree with high expectations, absolutely. The word "deserve" makes you sound like a prick.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What was your question again? I never shriek from a question. Ask me again. 

Is your question the bit at the end about what me and the rest plan to do apart from come on here and moan? ... is that what your question is? .. what can anyone do apart from buy their season tickets and support the team on match days. I don't see how coming on here and telling it like it is (even if their opinion is negative) means they don't support the team. I've never understood it when people say that. 

So you are going to keep buying your season ticket and support the team well that's honourable you at least have answered my question.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Fair enough sentiment, but our successes are only deserved if we earn them. I do not expect them just cause Rangers are my team.

I think every football fan has high expectations, I bet there were even wee Wimbledon fans seriously dreaming of winning the FA cup years ago when they were in the Southern leagues.

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Fair enough sentiment, but our successes are only deserved if we earn them. I do not expect them just cause Rangers are my team.

I think every football fan has high expectations, I bet there were even wee Wimbledon fans seriously dreaming of winning the FA cup years ago when they were in the Southern leagues.

I agree with that and I think it's what GSA is saying too essentially. 

I just don't think what I want, and what we are used to is high expectations ... suppose others do.

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We have a huge player budget in relation to Hamilton Accies, Ross County, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock but you think it acceptable in the long term to struggle against such teams.  I could have added Motherwell, Dundee and ICT to that list and I fully expect tomorrow to be a similar struggle.    I have seen little or no improvement to our play since last March.  We struggle to score and with EVERY high ball into our box from free kicks and corners we look like conceding.    Surely even you must expect some improvement?

Im a patient chap - I also don't buy this crap that we have been the same since March - we ain't where we want but we are no where near as bad as some make out. 

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We have a huge player budget in relation to Hamilton Accies, Ross County, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock but you think it acceptable in the long term to struggle against such teams.  I could have added Motherwell, Dundee and ICT to that list and I fully expect tomorrow to be a similar struggle.    I have seen little or no improvement to our play since last March.  We struggle to score and with EVERY high ball into our box from free kicks and corners we look like conceding.    Surely even you must expect some improvement?

By that logic, (not just you), we should be able to raise enough money to to purchase the title.

No point wasting time on games at all by extension.

I don't get this idea that it should be get into Europe and then after that compete for the league title, King talked about it as well.

Surely top priority should be to win the league. Pissing about in the Europa League for even one or two seasons will just be a nuisance that doesn't bring in that much money and drains a squad that probably shouldn't and couldn't cope with the extra games. 

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well that will bring out our impatient posters who think magic hats are real and a top squad can me magically be found with the simple nod of a head!

long term for some of our fans is a game without a win then the howling at the moon begins! 

At least they give the manager a chance if you are a new player you can be written off after 10 minutes in the U20 side or perhaps after a few bad Willie Vass pics from training.  

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

At least they give the manager a chance if you are a new player you can be written off after 10 minutes in the U20 side or perhaps after a few bad Willie Vass pics from training.  

I'm happy to give the manager a chance. For all he's annoying me I don't think it's wise to sack him.

If we don't finish comfortably in second he should be gone, though.

If we do finish comfortable in second and the tarriers pull away early next season in the same fashion as this season then he should be sacked - no more second full season and hoping he claws it back.

That's just my opinion. 

I like MW as a man and do think he's got some great ideas about how football should be played. I don't know if the jobs too big for him or if he's just severely underestimated the challenge this season and the reality has hit him like a tonne of bricks. He fucked himself last season, a Scottish Cup win and cameo in Europe would have given him some goodwill and bought him time if there comes a point when we would need it. If we don't finish second then I don't see how it could be argued for that he deserves the job. Tbh I'm being lenient on him, before the season I demanded silverware but now I highly doubt we'll even be making the finals of a cup. Say we had beat Hibs last year and beat the scum in the semis and defeated Aberdeen in the final on Sunday while also finishing comfortable second in the league, MW would be walking into next season with both the major cups under his belt and a good platform to mount a title challenge. Unfortunately for us, that's not that case because football is a bitch.