If we lose on Saturday....

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

We don't create chances. How do you expect the strikers to score goals?

We don't create chances well maybe your right or maybe its just staring folk in the face that we are not putting the few chances we do make away.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Saturday should be his last game regardless of the result.

If it just so happens Aberdeen win for the first time in over 25 years then it will simply be the icing on the cake and one last kick in the balls but in a way would give us a perfect chance to start afresh with a clean slate and carte blache to make the changes we need.

So if we beat a team we are competing for second place for, and go second and within position for a European place, you'd sack him, or he should resign? 

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

Strikers miss chances. Midfielders create chances. 

So strikers miss chances that's fair enough because I think we all know but some don't want to admit for some reason that our forwards have all missed chances,not some bullshit about the midfield are not making any

Throwing scarfs and protests outside the front door..??..Fucks sake..

Just as well there wasn't an INTERNET when Greig was having a torrid time..Or when Wallace (2nd time round) was serving up pretty damn awful football..Back in those days I went to the games and I supported my TEAM..

Will continue to do so. Yes it aint good enough..But I won't be throwing my scarf..nor will I be outside the front doors..:mad:

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

So if we beat a team we are competing for second place for, and go second and within position for a European place, you'd sack him, or he should resign? 

Yes - that's what I said 

the damage is already done 

If we lose on Saturday we obviously fail to win 3 points. A long standing record would be ended.   It would provide yet more evidence that Warburton is not able to motivate a team to win.   It's one game less in which to demonstrate that we can finish second ...sorry, a strong second. It adds to the already thorny and heavy bundle of patience Warburton requires us to bear until ....well I don't know when and I don't think he knows when it will all have been worth it.    It would add to the dilemma that King faces......stick with this and see how the land lies at the end of the season, or change in order to try obtain the objective for the season.   If its a bad December, even worse, a bad OF game at the end of the month then the dilemma for King might be that bit more acute and by then I guess the sentiment of many Supporters might turn firmly against Warburton which in turn makes it harder for him to prove his worth to the end of the season.  

If we lose or fail to win another weight is added to the pressure facing Waburton and King.   Whether its enough to tip the balance is another thing.   But another bad OF result and performance later in the month would be bound to load considerably more pressure on Warburton.

Of course, sooner or later we'll start to hear more from him about the unfortunate injuries that have hampered is team selections and if only he had a full squad and an original  fully behaving squad, then things would be so much different.   He's like that....he'll look to explain the game away just as he'll look to explain the season away if the objectives are not met.   As a former financial trader he'll be used to explaining why trades did not work out as hoped.....but there's always next time to recover the losses and make a profit.

I want him to go for numerous reasons. However I don't think the board will see it like that. They will see it as they've invested a lot of money in this 'project' and they'll have to see it through. He'll get the season at least as history has shown we don't sack managers.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Saturday should be his last game regardless of the result.

If it just so happens Aberdeen win for the first time in over 25 years then it will simply be the icing on the cake and one last kick in the balls but in a way would give us a perfect chance to start afresh with a clean slate and carte blache to make the changes we need.

I have 2 options mate .Go to the match or work and get a real good pay .I know which one is winning .Can never imagine I would have felt this way about the hateful vermin that are the scum sheep fans visiting us for 1st time in years 

.Sadly Rangers will not win this game and it will be the hardest to take of all the big losses .

Hate sounding defeatest but that's what this group and especially our manager has done to me 

If we win it will be a monumental surprise and I'm sure I will be gutted missing it 

naw fuck it .I'm going 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I have 2 options mate .Go to the match or work and get a real good pay .I know which one is winning .Can never imagine I would have felt this way about the hateful vermin that are the scum sheep fans visiting us for 1st time in years 

.Sadly Rangers will not win this game and it will be the hardest to take of all the big losses .

Hate sounding defeatest but that's what this group and especially our manager has done to me 

If we win it will be a monumental surprise and I'm sure I will be gutted missing it 

naw fuck it .I'm going 

Right decision :) 

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

So strikers miss chances that's fair enough because I think we all know but some don't want to admit for some reason that our forwards have all missed chances,not some bullshit about the midfield are not making any

I have no idea what you are slandering about. Don't you think 404 minutes of not creating a goal is criminal.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

I have no idea what you are slandering about. Don't you think 404 minutes of not creating a goal is criminal.

And do you not think a forward not scoring a goal in 7 games is criminal or is the chances missed all season someone elses fault.The manager and Miller have both said that we are not clinical enough so I don't see what you are slandering about the midfield not making chances when you have a forward admitting himself that we are not clinical enough.

I look at this current situation from 2 angles - 

Firstly,  the financial support MW has had since he took over placed against our expectations as fans. To this end he has initially done well in the championship. This season  3 of his main signings are not figuring - Barton,  krancjar and Rossiter. Garner looks a dodgy signing but either way he's not having a major impact up till now. 

So essentially he's still working with most of the players from last season to bring a level of success in the premiership.  That's a tall order to be fair.

However............and this is where he has to wake up and smell the roses. He just doesn't have anywhere near the calibre of player and squad to go out and try ripping the piss out of every team Barcelona style. Every time we play it's the same way and it's a toxic mix of a lack of quality breaking down defences and our own exposed defence. It's as clear as the nose on your head. He has to drop his ideals for now and be more pragmatic as to what this squad can and cannot do. Maybe in the next season or two when (hopefully) better players arrive he can send them out with this playing style but not Now!  

Also, how many times can he watch Tav go missing and not stop this? How many times must he watch Keirnan getting ragdolled and keep his place? How many more games will it take before he realises that teams have us worked out before the game begins and that he has no Plan B - we are predictable and not too difficult to play against. 

If he doesn't wake up he won't last the season - that's how football works.