Ace

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

But not in a football sense with separate NATIONAL fa's 

I agree with that. However, the part I was referring to was to mistakenly think Britain is one country. My point is if you are referring to the UK then you wouldnt be mistaken.

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Express Sport can reveal the Light Blues are now back at the top table and joined Celtic for a meeting with representatives from several European clubs in Amsterdam last month.

Many of the sides – outside of England, Germany, Spain and Italy – are concerned over plans to revamp the Champions League and to give the big-four leagues another automatic place in the competition.

The proposal could make qualification for the Scottish champions to get into the group stages even harder.

Express Sport understands a number of proposals, including Atlantic and even Transatlantic leagues, were amongst the options that were discussed at the Dutch summit.

Those discussions are still at the early stages but could be stepped up depending on UEFA’s stance over the coming weeks.

Reports emerged in Spain last week that the Champions League changes had been killed off, but that was denied to Express Sport by senior Scottish Professional Football League sources

Rangers had been a prominent member of the European Club Association but were forced to take a backseat after being relegated to Scotland’s bottom tier.

The Ibrox side are still viewed as one of the top clubs on the European front and still have major pull.

Rangers are looking to try to seal their European return next season via the Premiership or by winning the Scottish Cup.

There have been some question marks whether they would need to be granted special dispensation because their accounts since they started on the bottom rung don’t adhere to UEFA’s Fair Play license.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/739781/Rangers-Celtic-hold-talks-over-possible-reshaping-Champions-League-News-Gossip

Total shite . We are not at the top table . If we are on this one .It's because the beggars will think their case is better using us as a bargaining chip .

We are a million miles away from being powerful again in this corrupt Country

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Total shite . We are not at the top table . If we are on this one .It's because the beggars will think their case is better using us as a bargaining chip .

We are a million miles away from being powerful again in this corrupt Country

its how outsiders view it though isnt it? Clearly from the outside looking in we are getting back to where we were. I doubt we would simply turn up at the behest of cellic as a bargaining chip mate.

14 hours ago, justiston said:

Not to divert the thread, but, no it's not

Sorry but you are wrong.  Great Britain since 1707.     If Scotland was a separate country the 2014 referendum would not have taken place as it wouldn't have been required.  Separate historical sporting "nations" is a different issue.

7 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Not a mistake mate - in a football sense, Scottish clubs compete English clubs. They do it at both club and national level - you know when Rangers played Leeds and Scotland play England. Hence my "2 European countries" 

Or maybe your hoping that when around 200,000 bears flocked to Manchester (whilst filling Ibrox at the same time to watch it on close circuit tv with close on 50,000) that it neither illustrates how big we are or that this display of support should be thrown out the record books because you MISTAKENLY think Britain is one country - study the union flag. It's made up of separate national flags and it's what makes us Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  We are a United Kingdom  

Baulk ..............

Scotland and England have not been nations since 1707 when the whole country became Great Britain.    Only in certain sporting events are they considered "nations".

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not from a UEFA or FIFA perspective - and just for the record Britain is 4 separate nations / countries operating under a single parliament 

Just for the record, this country in which we live is officially the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.    Scotland and England have not been separate nations since 1707.    Sporting associations and events have no bearing on the actual political reality of nationhood.  

30 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Scotland and England have not been nations since 1707 when the whole country became Great Britain.    Only in certain sporting events are they considered "nations".

Great Britain isn't a country

11 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Great Britain isn't a country

Correct! Great Britain is the land mass comprising the mainlands of Scotland, England and Wales. The British Isles refers to the aforementioned island plus the island of Ireland (tn its entirety), the Isle of Man and all associated islands such as Orkney, Shetland, the Aran Islands, Anglesey, Isle of Wight, the Hebrides et cetera. This is similar to Great Cumbrae and Little Cumbrae being collectively known as the Isles of Cumbrae or, more usually, the Cumbraes.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Correct! Great Britain is the land mass comprising the mainlands of Scotland, England and Wales. The British Isles refers to the aforementioned island plus the island of Ireland (tn its entirety), the Isle of Man and all associated islands such as Orkney, Shetland, the Aran Islands, Anglesey, Isle of Wight, the Hebrides et cetera. This is similar to Great Cumbrae and Little Cumbrae being collectively known as the Isles of Cumbrae or, more usually, the Cumbraes.

Cheers, it's amazing how many Unionist don't even know the name of their country.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Sorry but you are wrong.  Great Britain since 1707.     If Scotland was a separate country the 2014 referendum would not have taken place as it wouldn't have been required.  Separate historical sporting "nations" is a different issue.

Errr it's a sovereign state of 4 countries! 

20 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

If my teacher was right in school, we have three countries (Scotland, England, Wales) and one  province of (Northern Ireland). Collectively we make up the one nation of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (British).

I always thought Wales was historically a principality rather than a country.

This confusion might fuck our chances up of joining this so called Atlantic league.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

its how outsiders view it though isnt it? Clearly from the outside looking in we are getting back to where we were. I doubt we would simply turn up at the behest of cellic as a bargaining chip mate.

Cushy . The question would be . Would it be Rangers that turned up though .

I'm not so sure it would be  .We may  differ on opinions over this .

I still believe , we are nothing at the big table  . The corruption since we lost any power we had few years back will be with us probably till the day I die

5 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

He wasn't correct as I had referred to 1707 when Great Britain was the name to be used for our country after the Union.   He is under the misapprehension that Scotland and England are still separate countries.  

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He wasn't correct as I had referred to 1707 when Great Britain was the name to be used for our country after the Union.   He is under the misapprehension that Scotland and England are still separate countries.  

Scotland and England are separate countries but one nation.