what do people really think?

deco19761

Victims, not traitors. We should be treated the same as everyone else during the enquiry that should happen.

If anyone at our club is found to have behaved badly, they should be punished the same as anyone else. If there had been any cover up, then we should also be punished severely. 

As it stands nobody at our club has done anything wrong in terms of cover ups, and I don't expect we'll find anyone has.

That's all kind of obvious, isn't it?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Victims, not traitors. We should be treated the same as everyone else during the enquiry that should happen.

If anyone at our club is found to have behaved badly, they should be punished the same as anyone else. If there had been any cover up, then we should also be punished severely. 

As it stands nobody at our club has done anything wrong in terms of cover ups, and I don't expect we'll find anyone has.

That's all kind of obvious, isn't it?

Wasn't sure when the media were running with the abuse stories for the last couple of weeks whether they realised that the story about Neely actually exonerated Rangers from any wrongdoing.
Me personally thought if they were only trying to connect us to abuse by association, then they failed miserably as it looks like ,of all the clubs mentioned we seemed to have been the only club who followed the right and proper way to handle such cases. 

5 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Wasn't sure when the media were running with the abuse stories for the last couple of weeks whether they realised that the story about Neely actually exonerated Rangers from any wrongdoing.
Me personally thought if they were only trying to connect us to abuse by association, then they failed miserably as it looks like ,of all the clubs mentioned we seemed to have been the only club who followed the right and proper way to handle such cases. 

Indeed.

You see, I was actually a victim of this when I was younger and the affects to me were very little. It will effect different people in different ways, if something like this did happen at our club the actions would have vary.

Did the club know?

Did the club notify the authorities?

Etc

In only answer to those questions can u hold the club responsible or not and take action against it.

Would be happy for celtic to be closed down tbh.

If anything was covered up I would want everybody involved or involved in any sweep sweep taken outside and shot. 

I seriously doubt we have covered anything up, but if there are abuse victims out there I would urge them to come forward and the club will help them. 

54 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Spot on mate as each different club is being found out , the media should be pointing out that case and saying that's how you should have acted 

1 hour ago, deco19761 said:

I sincerely believe that the club didn't cover anything and reported it via the right avenues.

I believe we would have went through the right avenues myself, would hate to think of that kind of thing being covered up. 

That's what separates us from the fucking filth across the city. Fucking vile vermin. Morals and a sense of decency.

If there are any victims from our Club, which I doubt,  then I'm sure the Club will assist the police in any way possible. Our club wouldn't  want any victims to feel ashamed or scared to come out, unlike Celtic and Celtic fans who want to shame them into silence. All victims should be able to receive the help they need and see justice done.

The taigs are doing a good job of twisting this. They make it out like we "point score" because there was child abuse at Celtic,  when in reality we are highlighting the cover up and the fact that their club is practically a paedophile ring by definition that payed off victims and allowed rapists to go free. Our Club didn't do that, quite the contrary in fact,  when there was accusations of abuse at our Club we went straight to the police police and didn't protect the abuser like Celtic did and like their fans are still trying to do.

JOCK STEIN WASN'T A GRASS

13 minutes ago, Willis said:

If there are any victims from our Club, which I doubt,  then I'm sure the Club will assist the police in any way possible. Our club wouldn't  want any victims to feel ashamed or scared to come out, unlike Celtic and Celtic fans who want to shame them into silence. All victims should be able to receive the help they need and see justice done.

The taigs are doing a good job of twisting this. They make it out like we "point score" because there was child abuse at Celtic,  when in reality we are highlighting the cover up and the fact that their club is practically a paedophile ring by definition that payed off victims and allowed rapists to go free. Our Club didn't do that, quite the contrary in fact,  when there was accusations of abuse at our Club we went straight to the police police and didn't protect the abuser like Celtic did and like their fans are still trying to do.

JOCK STEIN WASN'T A GRASS

Would like to think that any right minded person would thank us for highlighting the facts.
Can only think of one other thing as bad as abusing a kid.
That is the cover up of abuse by adults on kids.
Remember that some of these people are morally outraged when called "fenians".

Child abuse is child abuse and much more important than Rangers, If anyone did come forward and report a abuse claim at our club then we as fans should back that person and make sure the pedophile gets the jail. 

What Celtic and Hibs seem to have done is cover it up and that's a full new ball game.  

We never sung BJK to put the boot into Celtic, We sung it to let the world know what happened and now the authorities listen? Why not years ago as every cunt knew about it even McNeil says in his book it was an open secret.  

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You see, I was actually a victim of this when I was younger and the affects to me were very little. It will effect different people in different ways, if something like this did happen at our club the actions would have vary.

Did the club know?

Did the club notify the authorities?

Etc

In only answer to those questions can u hold the club responsible or not and take action against it.

Would be happy for celtic to be closed down tbh.

Sorry to hear this bud but I don't think the actions should vary. If a child claims a man molested them or anyone else claims it on their behalf then the police should be phoned right away.

A friend of mine was abused as a 13-14 year old. He was plied with drink, whist a teacher from his school sexually played with him. He wasn't gay, and it never had any effect on him, although he has used his experience to get his leg over. He has also used his abuse to get a lesser sentence when up on a charge.

6 hours ago, deco19761 said:

Here it is on a plate. What do people really think of any underlying issue within our club re historical sex abuse cases.

Now.i am not for one minute suggesting that our club has done anything wrong and I am sure as with Gordon Neilly matter the club has acted swiftly in any instances of child abuse.  

But what happens if there aare.people,fans, ex youth players out there who may want to come forward to tell their story.? How would people look on them ? 

Traitors, attention seekers looking to link the club to this or any other matter..etc etc 

Is the protection of the club more important that anything or would thus make us as bad as that mob from the other side of the city in covering things up. ??

This is no doubt a quandary that some youths may face. It happened that long ago and there are.more stringent checks in place.now. but does bringing up the past in order to Assist the bigger picture with the protection or non protection as it seems with kids back then justify it.?

We have heard rumours of John cchalmers an ex rangers youth coach and that he hung himself a few.yeara back as matters were abput to surface.  Or Neilly who is now deceased. So is there.any point of it. Just interested to see what people would say in the event that matters arise . ? 

Can't believe that it would cross the mind of any normal person that victims of child abuse could be seen as traitors or attention seekers.