The Stadium Bar

Gaz52

What was the deal with this place? A lot of people say it was run by tarriers but it always seemed to be quite busy on a match-day?

I only went in the once and they served me a flat lager in a plastic cup, gave me the boak. The guy serving me was a dour faced bastard as well.

Is it a fact that it was tarrier-owned? Did people just drink there for convenience before a match?

It was fantastic news when I heard the Louden would be taking over, although I missed many games in the lower divisions cause I wanted to stay in the Louden and get pished.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went in once in 2011 just wanted to test it out after hearing pals reviews, run down as fuck looking inside, gadgy bar staff,cloudy pints in shite plastic tumblers, floor was as sticky as fuck as if it hadn't been mopped in weeks either that or cunts were danger wankin in amongst the crowd and shootin on tae the fler. 

Used to drink in it years ago when i lived in the area,You had to fight through the carpet to get to the bar and then fight your way back to your table and sold the minging Skol lager,Looking back it was a shitehole,But in my era nobody looked at the decor or talked about nice paint schemes.

Was never really a busy pub,But it was rundown and needed lots of money spent on it.

Normally you'd go into the stadium for a few hours and then head along to Morley's to get your hole.

The locals were pretty pissed off when it was bought over and re-named The Louden.

Never tried it because it just looked depressing even from the outside. Still don't use it much right enough but that's because I don't have the patience for busy pubs.

Anyone know what the wee place just round the corner before you walk up the hill to the stadium is? Seen it opened a lot when leaving games.

Run by tarriers, horrible beer, sticky carpets however had a few cracking nights in there in particular during the Dick Advocatt Champions league era...place used to go fucking mental. 

Was a dive tho. 

The hand drier that still doesn't work in the bog was broke back then - no joke :-)

22 minutes ago, markem said:

Run by tarriers, horrible beer, sticky carpets however had a few cracking nights in there in particular during the Dick Advocatt Champions league era...place used to go fucking mental. 

Was a dive tho. 

The hand drier that still doesn't work in the bog was broke back then - no joke :-)

Our hand drier works ?

used it a couple of times way back in the 70s was shite even back then shite heavy and the lager was worse. only good thing it was handy for the subway. ended up using big kai,s place on the govan road and catching the bus far better pint and atmosphere. always a good sash bash as well

I remember it well, used to work near there. When we got paid on a Thursday (money in the hand before bank accounts) we would meet in there for a swally.

Somebody mentioned Skol lager earlier which is pish but the stuff before it was Norseman which was even worse.

It was two carpet munchers that served in there as well. place was boufin.

9 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Never tried it because it just looked depressing even from the outside. Still don't use it much right enough but that's because I don't have the patience for busy pubs.

Anyone know what the wee place just round the corner before you walk up the hill to the stadium is? Seen it opened a lot when leaving games.

Think that's Corkerhill Social Club you're talking about - only a few quid to get in on match days.

It just looked like a depressing shit hole from the outside, and the outside was lovely compared with the inside :lol:

If we were ever down that way before the games we'd go to the Copland Hotel but that was always mobbed too

It's murder getting a pint near the ground pre match, WRC and Louden always completely mobbed you're lucky to get a pint and it takes 20 minutes in line to get one, to be fair they are serving thousands of people at once but the service is are bit of are shambles in both pubs considering the size of the bars. The club should take advantage and turn the building next to the Greig statue, cant remember its name, into a huge pub.

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

It just looked like a depressing shit hole from the outside, and the outside was lovely compared with the inside :lol:

If we were ever down that way before the games we'd go to the Copland Hotel but that was always mobbed too

It's murder getting a pint near the ground pre match, WRC and Louden always completely mobbed you're lucky to get a pint and it takes 20 minutes in line to get one, to be fair they are serving thousands of people at once but the service is are bit of are shambles in both pubs considering the size of the bars. The club should take advantage and turn the building next to the Greig statue, cant remember its name, into a huge pub.

Thanks Willis this gave me a chuckle - take it you were fishing?