Scum fan jailed for attacking Rangers supporter

Smile

court_778x436.png?1444920996

http://www.clyde1.com/localnews/celtic-fan-jailed-for-assaulting-rangers-supporter-after-scottish-cup-final/

A Celtic fan, who travelled to Edinburgh to join in the celebrations after Hibs beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup final at Hampden in May, has been jailed for 16 months for assaulting a Rangers' supporter.

24 year old Anthony Lewis from Coatbridge, pled guilty at Edinburgh Sheriff Court last month to assaulting 27-year old Greg Elliot to his severe injury and permanent disfigurement as the the result of a single punch.

Sentence was deferred until today for reports.

Sheriff Fiona Tait had heard that Lewis and a friend, another Celtic supporter, had been watching the Cup Final in a pub in Airdrie. They decided to travel to Edinburgh by train to join in the celebrations and during the journey were singing songs with Hibs supporters. Mr Elliot, who had been at the game, was also on the train and was wearing a Rangers' Football Club scarf.

At Haymarket, Lewis and his friend got off the train after Mr Elliot. As they were walking along Platform 3, Lewis punched Mr Elliot on the face, knocking him unconscious. Mr Elliot fell backwards, and, unable to protect himself, his head hit the platform.

Lewis and his friend walked away. Mr Elliot was taken to the Royal Infirmary where he was found to have bruising and bleeding to the front of his brain and a laceration on his head which required five stitches. He was kept in the hospital for 12 hours. He thereafter attended hospital on a number of occasions, been off work and was likely to suffer quite significant migraine for the rest of his life.

Images of people on the train had been circulated to the media and Lewis and his friend contacted the police. Sheriff Tait was told Lewis gave a full and frank interview and told the officers that Mr Elliot had taunted him and his friend, calling them "Fenian bastards". 

Defence solicitor, Simon Whyte, told Sheriff Tait that following publicity in the media, the police had heard of remarks being made on the train, but not by whom. Lewis' behaviour, he said, had been affected by alcohol, but he had handed himself in to the police.

He had a consistent work record and a stable background. The Social Work report, said Mr Whyte, put Lewis as at low risk of re-offending and recommended a Community Payback Order under supervision to address his use of alcohol. "It was a single punch, but it had very serious consequences" said the solicitor.

Sentencing Lewis, Sheriff Tait, acknowledged that he had a limited record and was in full-time employment, but she added: "While it was a single punch, you knocked him unconscious and you left him unconscious. Having regard to the circumstances of the offence I am not persuaded a non-custodial sentence is appropriate".

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tom0411 said:

This will never catch on a tim actually being caught for a crime and found guilty. :001::001:

Obviously it didn't happen in the stydome. 

p.s. Absolutely pathetic to go from Little Vatican to Edinburgh to celebrate another teams domestic victory.

Exactly its all about the Rangers for them, Surprised they mentioned he was a scum supporter.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Sheriff Tait was told Lewis gave a full and frank interview and told the officers that Mr Elliot had taunted him and his friend, calling them "Fenian bastards". 

Still play the victim after mindlessly attacking the poor guy. Imagine celebrating another teams cup victory?? Bizzare behaviour  :lol:

1 minute ago, LiviGer said:

Said it a million times but the obsession the Tims have with us in unhealthy. Rangers are deed though. 16 months inside, out April 2018 hopefully just in time to see us wrap up 55 :7325:

I don't want him to see us wrapping up anything, I want to see him get what's coming to him

I doubt there was any taunting by the lad who got assaulted seeing as he was on his own, and as far as I'm concerned 16 months isn't long enough seeing that the sentence will be a lot less for good behaviour. 

I really hope the lad who got attacked takes a civil suit against that bastard and takes him for everything he's got.

23 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Said it a million times but the obsession the Tims have with us in unhealthy. Rangers are deed though. 16 months inside, out April 2018 hopefully just in time to see us wrap up 55 :7325:

He will be lucky if he spends 8 months inside.

The sentence you see is almost never what they serve in jail.

29 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

This will never catch on a tim actually being caught for a crime and found guilty. :001::001:

Obviously it didn't happen in the stydome. 

p.s. Absolutely pathetic to go from Little Vatican to Edinburgh to celebrate another teams domestic victory.

I am usually quite happy seeing Celtic get gubbed by another Scottish team but in no way would I actually go celebrate with another team, what is wrong with these people? They attach thereself to any sort of tradgedy relating to anything and attach themselves to any sort of achievement (see Hibs & Leicester last season). Serious ambulance chasers?. I would be heavy embarrassed to support such a team.

1 minute ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

I doubt there was any taunting by the lad who got assaulted seeing as he was on his own, and as far as I'm concerned 16 months isn't long enough seeing that the sentence will be a lot less for good behaviour. 

I really hope the lad who got attacked takes a civil suit against that bastard and takes him for everything he's got.

I would make sure the cunt was paying me a chunk of his wage till he died.

6 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

3 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

I would make sure the cunt was paying me a chunk of his wage till he died.

The cunts a tarrier, not worth taking him to court over half a gyro and a pish stained tracky.

So fucking what if it was a single punch? It was cowardly by the sad bastards, wasn't part of a fair fight and leaves the guy with lasting, possibly severe, damage.

Should be jailed for a few years, but won't be.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So 6/8 months for attacking someone to the extent he will have problems for the rest of his life. 

Aye that's justice right there folks. Let's hope the justice that is Karma pays this mhanky cunt a visit in the future. 

B12 is what they say

56 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Let's get serious about this, a fellow Rangers fan was assaulted for no other reason than sheer bigotr and will suffer for the rest of his life.. One of our Own must at some stage take care of the situation on behalf of the boy

That will happen - and he, we & they know it.