Wee Barrie

Billythebear77

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Him and Waghorn like having 2 news players they look fresh and hungry warburton deserves a bit credit for the way he's handled them because I had written them both off glad I've been proven wrong but I hope they can keep up the good work 

13 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He is the most talented player we have IMO. He can do things that no one else can. He can make things happen. He can be anything he wants to be. The key, like every player is consistency, confidence and hard work as he has all the attributes. His touch, vision and ability are there for all to see.

One thing that i'm really pleased about though is his character. He's received a lot of stick, some deserved, some not so IMO. However, he's taken the criticism like a man and you can't argue with his last few performances. Long may it continue.........

Great post. I think he's a lot braver now as well, was hacked down a couple of times last night and just got on with it. Didn't shy away. Great to see and long may this form continue. 

A relief that he has finally made the step up, after all the plaudits I gave the wee man I was seriously concerned 

Needs guidance but could be massive for us in a couple of years

Of course he would already be worth £55mil had he joined the interferers 

There's a guy in my work that supports Arsenal and he does his best to know a bit about us so he can talk to me about Scottish football but he can't get the name Barry in his head at all.

Everyday after we play he comes over with a different name for him. Last week it was "here that wee lad Bernie isn't looking too bad again..." :lol: 

8 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

We will have to disagree on this, as I can't think of anyone better.

This

we need to start bigging up our players like the bheasts from the east do, if wee Barrie played for them, the mhedia would be touting him for a move to the EPL!. 

2 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

This

we need to start bigging up our players like the bheasts from the east do, if wee Barrie played for them, the mhedia would be touting him for a move to the EPL!. 

Agree to an extent with that, we do need to big our players upa little more.

BUT the mhedia have a speshul relationship with the bheggars and it's them who print the ridiculous shite about Arsenal and Man United wanting any player who plays well twice for them.

They have done it for years.

14 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Played well in the last few games so well done to Barrie although I would like to see him moved wide right.

If you move him to wide right you lose his partnership with Wallace, which is one of the best things about this team when we're playing well.

35 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

If you move him to wide right you lose his partnership with Wallace, which is one of the best things about this team when we're playing well.

True but it also means he could swing in crosses which Garner should eat up and means that Waggy doesn't need to play out there any more albeit he was really good last night.

The thing I really like about him, on this form, is that he is better than any player on the park, and that brings a certain impact into the whole game, both from our perspective, and that of the opposing players. The Hearts players last week didn't have an answer to him, and that was possibly the most telling part in winning that match, and it was also evident in the one last night.