*** The Official Rangers vs Taigs Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

Just now, DBBTB said:

I can't believe he's not starting.

IMO today isn't the day to take a chance and go with three centre halves.

Well we're kinda fucked down the left side. Wilson can make decent runs but ultimently he needs to be concerned with defending. 

I seen through the week that Kiernan was playing more in the midfield towards the end of the game, he was up high a lot with Wilson and Hill back defending. 

This might not be popular but I hope we play a lot of long balls today and don't fuck about with the ball too much at the back. This mob press really high up the pitch and playing from the back will cost us. I don't care about pretty football today. Long ball all game for me up to Garner with Miller getting the flick-ons.

Oh and finishing needs to be much better as well because we're not going to get the 20 chances it usually takes us to score a goal. Game should have been out of sight in the first 30 minutes of Wednesday night but poor finishing cost us.

Just now, 55Bear said:

McCann spot on about Garner there, been saying the same for months!

1 shot on target in 5 games is ridiculous for a striker. Never actually realised that until McCann mentioned it. I'm guessing the shot on target was the one on Wednesday night which led to Barrie's goal.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I can't believe he's not starting.

IMO today isn't the day to take a chance and go with three centre halves.

3 CH played in that first game against them and they massively fucked up big time, this 3 may as well have a big sign saying the goal is this way.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

This might not be popular but I hope we play a lot of long balls today and don't fuck about with the ball too much at the back. This mob press really high up the pitch and playing from the back will cost us. I don't care about pretty football today. Long ball all game for me up to Garner with Miller getting the flick-ons.

Oh and finishing needs to be much better as well because we're not going to get the 20 chances it usually takes us to score a goal. Game should have been out of sight in the first 30 minutes of Wednesday night but poor finishing cost us.

Yeah I think we need to nullify their high pressing by going over them.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I agree, if we try to fuck around in mid field the scum will be all over us, get the ball in the box at every opportunity.

But it won't happen.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

1 shot on target in 5 games is ridiculous for a striker. Never actually realised that until McCann mentioned it. I'm guessing the shot on target was the one on Wednesday night which led to Barrie's goal.

Think it must be yeah cause he forced the save. The amount of times we've put decent balls across goal and no one has been there to knock it in is frightening. I'm definitely on NMs side here though, I like Garner, think he offers a lot but he needs to be getting in better positions if he wants to start scoring more. 

9 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Is RTV fucked????I only get error pages and cant even get to the buy match page

Aye, great timing there, no?  Up to high doh with that lot; they're constantly fucked up yet aren't shy about charging for their services (or lack thereof).