Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, zanderbear said:

MW "Making mistakes is the only way you learn"

MW "There are many ways to learn in football"

MW "There are many ways to learn in football"

It's fucking nauseating listening to him ,so I don't 

.Someone said ,he backs his players .All good managers show strength by kicking arses and even telling the fans that is unacceptable and unforgivable sometimes .

Maybe he will keep these for this coming weekend 

At the end, Barrie is asked about the old firm game. He talks about his first old firm game at Ibrox. And says hopefully we get the win. Look at his face... He doesn't believe Rangers are going to win. It's written all over his face. This iw the fucking weak mentality I'm actually talking about. He's probably not the only one that believes Rangers won't beat those cunts. No wonder we're shite if that's their attitude.

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Hit the ball a bit harder to ensure Wes gets it back.

But the real question is is why would you even pass out to a defender who has a opposition player going towards him. Look at the replay, as Wes passes it out 29 is running towards Kiernan before he even passes it too Kiernan. 

The goal was Kiernans fault. I actually thought Wes could have nicked the ball when McLean paused, but still Kiernans fault.

What was stupid of Wes was a wee bit later passing again to Kiernan when he was being pressed by the forward, who was on him by the time the ball reached him.

Had a touch of throwing your team mate under the bus about it..

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

You see it all the time, Wes does get complacent and puts himself (and others) under unnecessary pressure by passing the ball out from the back rather than launching it up the park.

His initial pass out was weak, Kiernan for some reason known only to him decides to pass it back at a light pace when he could've crossed it or even passed it up to Tav. He shoulda put more power into the pass for the pass back but there was a St j player moving up on him. 

Which is why i'm bringing wes into it. He created the situation to an extent and Kiernan made it into an even worse situation. 

You do realize this is the instructions from his manager? To always play from the back.

8 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

But the real question is is why would you even pass out to a defender who has a opposition player going towards him. Look at the replay, as Wes passes it out 29 is running towards Kiernan before he even passes it too Kiernan. 

You just hate black folk don't you?

'You need to take your chances' (or something like that is what he said in the post match interview).

A statement of the blindingly obvious.    The problem is we hear this all too often this season.   Apart from the other management-speak soundbites of training well, preparing well, being brave, pitch geography and all the other buzzword phrases that are designed to imply that some meaningful knowledge and skill are being applied, one of the things we consistently do this season is fail to take our goal scoring chances.   Joint leader in the consistency chart is the frailty of the defence in conceding goals which are avoidable.

In his previous profession I suspect that Warburton might have been a damn sight more nervous for his job if he was putting in poor performances in trading at this level of consistency.   I suspect his bosses might have been a lot less tolerant of a trader who does not make the most of his trading opportunities or whose errors cost money.    He asks us to be patient.   But the performances and results in the first half of the season strain any willingness to be patient for too much longer.   

He manages Rangers.   Rangers have traditions and high standards of competing effectively to win.  Not to be second best.  Not to excuse away poor performances by resting more on the importance to the individual player (learn from mistakes etc) and failing to recognise anywhere near sufficiently that we have spent very hard season working back from Div 3 in circumstance orchestrated by the so call 'active harm' clubs.  A period where the other lot have had titles handed to them with no real contest, and as a result £Ms in European money.   We have had to endure that and still endure.    That is a truer measure of our patience and we need to see from Warburton and King that they can deliver a title very soon.   If the evidence of progress does not point to that then the question must surely be asked.   We are not here to be endlessly patient waiting in some hope that somehow Warburton will figure out how to transform players into Rangers winners.

Rangers is not a plaything for Warburton and his 'the main thing that matters is look after the players' approach to management.   We are here to win.  We are here to start to put right the wrongs of these lost years.   But under Warburton it all seems to be just a project.   Just an experiment in management philosophy.   A Mr Good Guy to the players (Barton excepted)

Warburton may be more talk than substance.  His motivation and leadership of the team to deliver enough wins from winnable games is lacking.  Consistently lacking.

Last time King appeared we were treated to his view that he was disappointed we were not mounting a stronger challenge to C....., and that he expected us to finish a strong second.   Will be interested to hear what he has to say after the game on Saturday with the business end of the season upon us and a team that still can't score enough goals, still cant win games that should be won, struggling to overcome bottom placed sides, gifting goals.........but led by a manager who seems to spend more time oozing respect for the opposition teams and insisting that we train and prepare well than he does in talking up his own team and in then galvanising them to perform as a Rangers team should be performing - even this team so lacking in quality and with Warburton signings that are nowhere near effective enough in this league.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Fine when you have quality players. 

We got the last two windows woefully wrong but he doesn't seem to notice this.

We are going to make the same mistakes in Jan too IMO going on the players we are linked with 

I've no faith in anyone at our club 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

We are going to make the same mistakes in Jan too IMO going on the players we are linked with 

I've no faith in anyone at our club 

I'm getting there too unfortunately, certainly with our management team patience is almost worn out. 

8 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Happens every week

Count the number of times Wes has the ball, passes it short and within a minute we have conceded possession and we are under pressure again

Without even crossing the halfway line.

Surely someone in the management team must notice that 

3 hours ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

At the end, Barrie is asked about the old firm game. He talks about his first old firm game at Ibrox. And says hopefully we get the win. Look at his face... He doesn't believe Rangers are going to win. It's written all over his face. This iw the fucking weak mentality I'm actually talking about. He's probably not the only one that believes Rangers won't beat those cunts. No wonder we're shite if that's their attitude.

Baz,  not the most emotive card in the pack 

Possibly the biggest talent we have, it would be nice if we had a Striker in the box one day to latch onto one of the many balls the wee man puts in 

Looked really good first half, he could be some player in 3 or 4 years if he puts the work in at training 

A lot out there last night who could work hard for the rest of their lives and still not be Rangers standard

Twice now with St J the gaffer has the embedded confession "grateful we got a point"

I get that one point is better than none, few things are as infuriating when you drop points and yer granny says “At least we didn’t lose”  

13 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Baz,  not the most emotive card in the pack 

Possibly the biggest talent we have, it would be nice if we had a Striker in the box one day to latch onto one of the many balls the wee man puts in 

Looked really good first half, he could be some player in 3 or 4 years if he puts the work in at training 

A lot out there last night who could work hard for the rest of their lives and still not be Rangers standard

Twice now with St J the gaffer has the embedded confession "grateful we got a point"

I get that one point is better than none, few things are as infuriating when you drop points and yer granny says “At least we didn’t lose”  

Agree, he's the only one that looked like he could do something last night. He probably knows the team around him are not good enough. Its all over his face. When McKay is consistent he's a gem of a player. The rest like you said can play umpteen games for Rangers and still won't be Rangers class. 

I thought the tactics was fine. So i can't fault Warburton for that. What i can fault him for is him bringing these mentally weak players to the club and trying to make them into actual Rangers players. Some of them can't play for a high expected club like Rangers. 

Wes did start the clusterfuck by an unnecessary pass out to Kiernan who then compounded it with stupidity in knocking it straight back, you then have Hill caught on his heels as his man streaks away from him if he had been quicker going after him he would've blocked their striker after he cut back on Wes. 

So in summary the usual clusterfuck of this stupid tactic of playing it out from the back at all costs before doing the sensible thing and getting it away from our box. 

The loss is hard to take due to the graft we put in to get ahead

We all knew that their Manager out thought our own last few games, we haven't beaten them under MW, we got the goal, a vital one in the circumstances and looked good to get a couple more

Kiernan wiped out all the hard work BUT I remember when Shagger fucked up for them to turn 1-0 into 2-1,  THAT dressing room went in at half time and said, FUCK THIS went back out and put 3 past the f.f.f.

59 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wes did start the clusterfuck by an unnecessary pass out to Kiernan who then compounded it with stupidity in knocking it straight back, you then have Hill caught on his heels as his man streaks away from him if he had been quicker going after him he would've blocked their striker after he cut back on Wes. 

So in summary the usual clusterfuck of this stupid tactic of playing it out from the back at all costs before doing the sensible thing and getting it away from our box. 

This constant passing out from the keeper is a seriously big flaw in our game. The whole planet can see we are not even comfortable with it. It's fucking embarassing to watch, we are that bad at iit and for the life of me do not understsnd why the manager insists we do it, as it appears to be at all costs until we are better at it and sadly we never will be.

It's broke. We haven't and can't fix it, so all the talk of learning is exactly that, we don't!

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The goal was Kiernans fault. I actually thought Wes could have nicked the ball when McLean paused, but still Kiernans fault.

What was stupid of Wes was a wee bit later passing again to Kiernan when he was being pressed by the forward, who was on him by the time the ball reached him.

Had a touch of throwing your team mate under the bus about it..

I'm not saying it wasn't his fault, but with all goals there is a bigger picture to consider. 

Kiernan is 100% at fault no question about it, however the situation could've been avoided by Wes clearing it initially or by Kiernan passing it backwards faster or up towards Tav. Or hell even trying to beat the guy running at him. He's done so before, I don't know why he didn't this time. Maybe it's one of his "daydream" moments like what Wes said in his on the spot :lol: 

3 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Happens every week

Count the number of times Wes has the ball, passes it short and within a minute we have conceded possession and we are under pressure again

Without even crossing the halfway line.

Surely someone in the management team must notice that 

Or when he goes to clear it and there's a forward sprinting full pace towards him. It's a great show of composure under pressure but it's a situation that's best avoided full stop because it's easy to fuck up.