Warbs “ We Got To Learn From It"

Rangers Lady

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look - he has to say certain things and not say other things eg slag of player or players or even the whole team. He knows the squads not good enough - surely we all do.

Maybe when he said we muat learn thats a veiled message to the Board - i certainly hope it is. 

12 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

I don't disagree. 

A few of our players looked to lack belief out there today. Windass looked mentally weak and was way behind the pace. Not singling him out but just an example. 

When they equalised he atmosphere in our end petered out and belief from the stand and the team seemed to dissipate and they horrible cunts got louder and their team grabbed the game by the neck. A few flash points aside, the second half was a horror show.

We are at a low ebb. Fuck knows how we climb out of it.

The atmosphere was amazing as usual but from the first minute every time a player made a mistake we were on their backs.

Thats what i mean by mentality.the winners will shake it off and get on with it but too many of our players go into their shell

Good to know the players "are getting their rewards" theyve got a week off now, they should be in learning from their mistakes and working hard on their "pitch geography" and how to stop being "loose"

Warburton even admits himself in press conferences he's repeating himself, well stop doing it. sort the problems thats what you get paid for or is it he dosen't know what to do. 

5 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

I have been watching Rangers since 1961 and seen them finish 4/5 in the league during that time. Nothing was a bad as the football played under  Ally in my opinion. It was eye watering some days.

True but it's getting very close under this one

10 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

The atmosphere was amazing as usual but from the first minute every time a player made a mistake we were on their backs.

Thats what i mean by mentality.the winners will shake it off and get on with it but too many of our players go into their shell

I get you bro. 

Guy behind me kept calling McKay a useless bastard when I thought he was having a decent game. 

9 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

Good to know the players "are getting their rewards" theyve got a week off now, they should be in learning from their mistakes and working hard on their "pitch geography" and how to stop being "loose"

Warburton even admits himself in press conferences he's repeating himself, well stop doing it. sort the problems thats what you get paid for or is it he dosen't know what to do. 

The definition of insanity - keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

1 minute ago, Bluenose1986 said:

I get you bro. 

Guy behind me kept calling McKay a useless bastard when I thought he was having a decent game. 

He had a great game and tbf was gettin kicked aw over the park but got on with it

Just think cos of situation we re in, we re no long to get on there backs and they cant deal wae it.

On the flip side , theres a reaction when we get behind them.

Just now, RFC16 said:

He had a great game and tbf was gettin kicked aw over the park but got on with it

Just think cos of situation we re in, we re no long to get on there backs and they cant deal wae it.

On the flip side , theres a reaction when we get behind them.

I think at 1-1 we all shrank.

Belt out Derrys Walls and keep going it could have had an influence. I genuinely don't think the scum were handling it. 

3 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

I think at 1-1 we all shrank.

Belt out Derrys Walls and keep going it could have had an influence. I genuinely don't think the scum were handling it. 

Must admit when derrys walls gets belted out it gives everyone a lift.

Class

Just now, Bluenose1986 said:

The definition of insanity - keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

Only my second post so go easy.

The whole ground could see we were getting ripped on the wings operating a 3-5-2.

On the left we had a winger (McKay) and and a CH (Wilson) against no-neck. He was ripping them to fuckin bits. 

On the right we had a so called RB in midfield (Tavernier) and a CH (Keirnan) against Sinclair. He was ripping them to fuckin bits. 

So instead of getting a proper defender on (Hodson) and change it to a 4-3-3 or whatever crazy formation were gonna go with, he decides to bring off Holt.......and put on Dodoo!

i fucking knew soon as they brought on that cunt Roberts it would cost us........boy next to me said this "is he gonna wait till thy score till he changes it"?  

And so it s

transpired. 

Even though that pissed me off today it was a massive difference to that last game where we could hardly get into their half. The truth is we could have had five goals. That's a big improvement. That lot have had much more big games this season because of Europe and cost a lot more money which is Important. Apart from the embarrassment they took against Barcelona, they coped ok against some tough sides. If you consider that we lost the guy who was supposed to be our experienced anchor in midfielder and play maker who was another experienced player and had to bring in guys from Accrington Stanley who St Johnstone could probably afford its not actually that bad when you think of the amount of goals we could have scored and the threat we carried for much of that game.

We struggle to break down teams who try to sit in and have the odd breakaway. We used to have the craft to make it happen more regularly and enough to win titles. That's were we need to get to again. I'm not so sure if any of the other managers we would likely have a chance of getting would do much better after losing so many players through various things. Unless you blame him for getting guys like Barton or Kranjcar for being mouthy cunts or getting injured there doesn't seem a lot wrong with getting guys like that for free. Senderos should have been better given the levels he's played at, Crooks has mostly looked shite, Garner has also not produced yet but 2 of these were also for buttons. I also thought that kid Rossiter looked decent.

We used to spend more on average squad members. That lot still do spend that amount on players and must have spent tens of millions on that team they put out today. The gaps no where near as bad as our stupid media think despite having setbacks with a team put together for a fraction of the cost. The gulf in average wages is probably also big. We need to spend some money on some pieces of real quality but that was not bad today at times against a Celtic side the media are wanking over. Most managers would have just parked the bus today like the rest of this leagues teams whether they had suffered so many setbacks we've had this season or not. Even losing the captain just last week is a blow when you have such a small squad of average players or even very experienced ones. That lot regained their composure after about half an hour but we looked like we were going to run over the top of them. They then had more control over the match but we were threat for most of that game and their defence struggled with us.

All the training and learning patter is annoying at times if results are not going well but I can't think of anything he says really that's wrong. We were in that game for long periods against a supposedly sooper dooper team led by a messiah. For the price paid they've either been badly ripped off or we've done well in that match. I thought the game was played at a high level and that we had lots of good spells or dangerous moves. I'm more encouraged now that despite the setbacks that they are no where near as far in the distance as they should be. We had their defence all over the place at times today were as we couldn't lay a glove on them last time. We need to improve our results away by breaking teams down better and being more clinical. Hopefully with Garner finds his scoring books, we get some replacements, and some come back from injury we can find more consistency and finish this season strongly.

I've been critical of Warburton since the Hearts result and especially after the last two performances but I can't really give the guy a hard time for that today. The papers and their supporters talk about this gap but they should be worried at how quickly its closing. That team of McCoists would have taken a pounding from this vermin side as they have improved too. They were lucky to escape by spending big bucks on a manager and players after we matched them in the semi final we won. But we will probably improve again this year so I'm going to cut the guy some slack until our next poor game. :lol:

The week off is nothing really to do with not being a hard task master, its often necessary to get the best out of them physically. Same with not naming players. Turning the people you rely on against you is bad management. He's really good when it comes for me having confidence in his training and coaching ability and just about all aspects of the job, its just the results. I don't believe he and Davie are not going over mistakes with them we just have lots of pretty average players who can't keep their shit together over whole seasons. But if we get a good striker and some other good players in the spine of our side we'll probably become more consistent as well as improving before the end of the season. Hopefully results do come for Warburton because we play some fine football at times.               

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Hopefully results do come for Warburton because we play some fine football at times.               

Agree with all of that, and had to quote you on that one. Some of the passing across the pitch today was brilliant. Some passes were hit too hard but a lot of them went to feet and into good places infront of players.

Hey ho, was expecting an absolute trouncing and that didn't happen. If KM had scored that sitter to make it 2-2 we'd probably all be fine with the result.

Onwards and upwards.

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Man's a joke 

he means well but he's a joke and out his depth 

An experiment by a cash-strapped board, that's outlived it's usefulness.

Failing to heed the lessons of the McCoist debacle, they've appointed another ageing 'rookie'.

Get rid now.

I like MW I really do, but he's like a talking parrot coming out with the same old phrases every time.

There must come a time when the players have learnt all they can learn, and if they keep producing the same form every week, then get rid.

The result was closer than I feared it could be, but that was down to poor finishing, and good goalkeeping by Fod. We could have got a point out of the game, but sometimes you learn more, about your team, from defeat than you do winning.

Is it just me that thinks the team aren't learning at all?

its the same every fucking week, each week you can guarantee that

1. Our defence will fuck up at least once when playing it at the back

2. The opposition will almost score or score from a corner

3. We'll play well for the first half an hour

4. If a team gets a goal we crumble

5. At least 4 shots will go over the bar

6. Only 2 players will put in one challenge that will merit a yellow, the rest don't do slide tackling

7. Halliday will lose the ball at least twice in the middle of the park whilst fannying about

8. Halliday will go down injured waving for the medical team only to be running about fine 3 minutes later

9. Tavernier will be out of position and not bother his arse about getting back

10. The team will misplace at least 15 simple passes either to opposition or straight out the park, amateur stuff

11. MW will make a baffling sub 

Anything I've missed that happens in every game?

1 minute ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I like MW I really do, but he's like a talking parrot coming out with the same old phrases every time.

There must come a time when the players have learnt all they can learn, and if they keep producing the same form every week, then get rid.

The result was closer than I feared it could be, but that was down to poor finishing, and good goalkeeping by Fod. We could have got a point out of the game, but sometimes you learn more, about your team, from defeat than you do winning.

Unless MW changes the formation and floods that midfield we will be on the end of a severe hammering that will be worse than the 5-1...his refusal to change will cost us 

He simply has to go 451 or 442 next game, people could argue he was 352 today but it certainly didn't look like that to me