Warbs “ We Got To Learn From It"

Rangers Lady

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Dembele and Sinclair ARE quality additions for them and they decide matches like these... fact. 

They are by far the best forwards in the league. However, we have let them play their game every time we have played them. We are set up way to open and allow them -  and the midfield thats feeding them -  space and time to do what they want.

Dembele cant stop scoring against us - we know this - so what did we do different than any other time he has played us this season?

Absolutely nothing - not one thing.

They CAN decide matches - but we LET them decide matches because we dont do anything to counter their threat.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

So why do we still concede soft goals from corners? Why do we still drop the intensity in our play when we lose a lead? I see no sign of improvement on those fronts. I mean we lost a cup final because we can't defend corners and that was 7 months ago. That was after conceding a goal from a corner against them a month earlier. We maybe learn that we are shite at defending corners but we certainly haven't made any changes that rectifies those errors.

If our midfield and attack were performing and we scored 3 or 4 goals a game then losing a sloppy goal from a corner wouldn't matter as much but we aren't.

Not doubting there were improved performances but then we bump straight back down to being poor against caley then after st Johnstone equalise and saw the same again today after they equalised. We are learning that our inconsistency and poor dfefending are costing us vital points in the league?

We have improved though... on ALL fronts? Of course not. We lack consistency, which is why we need a couple of quality additions.. but to say we haven't improved is just silly. I am just as disappointed as everyone else, but we could easily have won that game - something that could NOT be said of our last league game against them. 

52 minutes ago, Rangers No Other said:

It's a disgrace, 1 point from 6 and telling the fans the players have earned the break 

Spot on .It's up there with the likes of Ally and the karaoke after the Raith game .

Shambolic disgrace IMO if this is the tone he is setting . We are losers and he is rewarding them ffs

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

They are by far the best forwards in the league. However, we have let them play their game every time we have played them. We are set up way to open and allow them -  and the midfield thats feeding them -  space and time to do what they want.

Dembele cant stop scoring against us - we know this - so what did we do different than any other time he has played us this season?

Absolutely nothing - not one thing.

They CAN decide matches - but we LET them decide matches because we dont do anything to counter their threat.

The do decide matches, and whenever they do, its because the opposition lets them. Happens all the time. We dont really have the players to deal with it at the moment. We could have decided the match ourselves, they let us, but, we didnt have the caliber of player with balls to do it. Simple, really. We played them off the park at times, but unfortunately it doesnt count for very much.

3 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

"FACT", all spinsters are women, all bachelors are men, all dhims are dirty bastards, Sinclair/Dembele being quality is just an opinion!

They are quality. No getting around that. "Fact" was referring to them deciding the match... did they not? Thats what quality players do, by the way.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yep, the hysterical meltdkwn has begun. MW gkt almost everything out thaf team today. The real learning is in tbe boardroom. They watched that today. We need more investment. 

This makes absolutely no sense given how we played the first 30/35 mins compared to the second half. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

The do decide matches, and whenever they do, its because the opposition lets them. Happens all the time. We dont really have the players to deal with it at the moment. We could have decided the match ourselves, they let us, but, we didnt have the caliber of player with balls to do it. Simple, really. We played them off the park at times, but unfortunately it doesnt count for very much.

I dont see how we could have decided that match. 

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

This makes absolutely no sense given how we played the first 30/35 mins compared to the second half. 

Are you saying that our squad is as good as Sellick's? Imho we are nowhere near them and money/investment is the prime reason for that. The fact tht we held it together for the first 30mins is neither here nor there - they have so mny better players than us - full stop. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Are you saying that our squad is as good as Sellick's? Imho we are nowhere near them and money/investment is the prime reason for that. The fact tht we held it together for the first 30mins is neither here nor there - they have so mny better players than us - full stop. 

We did more than "hold it together". We dominated..

Yep, the hysterical meltdkwn has begun. MW gkt almost everything out thaf team today. The real learning is in tbe boardroom. They watched that today. We need more investment. 

So MW isn't responsible for the crap tactics, the lack of a proper defensive strategy, the fact that he spent £1.8m on a guy who couldn't hit an elephant's backside with a banjo, £250k on a guy he won't even play, out of eleven signings in the summer most have been failures in fact difficult to think of one who could be deemed a success. 

I agree we need investment but I wouldn't want MW to be the one to spend it.  

I'm sick of his constantly repetitive after match comments.   We learn nothing new from each failure.  These players should be practising every day during the shutdown.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Maybe. But our chances came at crucial times.. We could easily have won that game of football.

I like your optimism. I didnt see that game like that at all. Yes we had a couple of golden chances inthe 2nd - but there chances missed were equally as glaring. 

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Maybe. But our chances came at crucial times.. We could easily have won that game of football.

No, we really couldn't have. Maybe a draw. To win it we'd have to have them not score the two and hope they fluffed 20 odd shots at goal while ours going in.

Our big chances came at 2-1 down (the bar and Harry). 

We were well beaten in the end by a better side. As painful as that is.

Agree to an extend but I wouldnt be too sure about giving MW more money to spent after hat summer transfer window 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We did more than "hold it together". We dominated..

Dembele started playing on Kiernan after 30 mins and the rest is history.

A complete joke of a defender who will be in the first team right up until the day warburton leaves. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Defo dominated first 30 minutes they struggled to get near us - we controlled the tempo and played akin to the penalties game 

but it obviously didn't last almost like we gave it our all first 30 and said that's it 

After those 30 mins it was pretty even.. we had our moments in the 2nd half as well. We have improved a helluva lot even though we still make basic mistakes.

5 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Dembele started playing on Kiernan after 30 mins and the rest is history.

A complete joke of a defender who will be in the first team right up until the day warburton leaves. 

Dembele is a good player. Caused problems to the Man City backline as well.. 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

No, we really couldn't have. Maybe a draw. To win it we'd have to have them not score the two and hope they fluffed 20 odd shots at goal while ours going in.

Our big chances came at 2-1 down (the bar and Harry). 

We were well beaten in the end by a better side. As painful as that is.

They are the better side but I honestly didnt see us getting "well beaten". We had some of the better chances, in my opinion.