Warbs “ We Got To Learn From It"

Rangers Lady

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

In the first half we closed them down all over the pitch, in the 2nd half we stood off them, that has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of their players.

As much as it pains me to say it they are a very useful team - i thought wd got stuck in but to keep up thaf level of intensity for 90 mins is impossibke. Thdy have much better players who cost more and get paid more - and not just the first 11. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its him that needs to learn:

• Learn how to change things when his RB is getting raped - to leave Tav on the park, or just get Hodson on to support him was a disgrace
  • Learn that once you've taken off Joe Garner and your plan A of him holding up the ball is finished, it may be an idea to change your formation. 
  • Learn to show his teams how to get behind the ball and shut games down when your 1-0 in front
  • Learn not to leave your centre of defence completely exposed cause you end up with Halliday as the only defensive minded midfielder on the park
  • Learn how to not be chasing games and have 5 forwards on the park
  • Learn that sometimes 4-3-3 is simply not going to cut it with that squad against better teams

Its him that needs to learn - his tactics and inability to spot and change things - particularly defensively - are non -existent.

When we are going forward and on song it looks great. But there is far, far, more to professional football that. Our team dont know how to do the hard dirty stuff and MW doesnt know how to teach them it. How do you learn in that instance?

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

Yes, the team he has assembled, including free transfers who aren't good enough. And what money he has been given has been spent on players who are either out of place in the way he is determined to play, or not trusted at all.

The return on investment is poor and worrying that he'll continue to waste it in future isn't a silly notion.

He has spent money on 9 players including development fees, the only ones not to feature today were MOH and Crooks who were on the bench, how does that mean all 9 are not trusted or player out of place? 

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

What have we learned from our games against the tarriers so far? 

What have we learned from playing Tav in midfield (or in any position).

Tell me what you are going to do to fix it

Add to that, what have we learned by insisting that defenders of no technical ability pass the ball out from the back and time and time again lose possession in dangerous areas?

Would like him to explain his team selections looks  like as soon as a player remotely  shows some sort of form their dropped what has Hodson done to be left out and giving his place to Tavernier who for all what he gives going forward (which isn't a lot these day's) has shown time and time again  his defensive lapses .

seems his blue eyed boys of tav's  Kiernan and Holt can cluster fuck up every game and still be a dead cert to start

I honestly didn't expect forrester or Dodoo when they came on to do anything because they haven't had a look in for ages .

Crap result ,hate losing to Celtic and it was a sore one today. We did cause them problems and could have scored more goals which is more than we did in the last two games. However to win the league we will have to get more quality in. Their two forwards were better than what we have and we must invest in quality. I was not impressed by their defence but they also could have scored more goals . We need quality in all areas not just extra depth of squad. Frankly it's down to the board and Mr King in particular given he raised expectations of the amount he would invest. while I agree it is unusual to get value in the January Window we must invest in quality in summer transfer window 

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

He has spent money on 9 players including development fees, the only ones not to feature today were MOH and Crooks who were on the bench, how does that mean all 9 are not trusted or player out of place? 

Garner, a non-scoring centre forward being asked to play up front on his own; O'Halloran, the one player who can be described as a wide player yet rarely starts in a team that plays 4-3-3; similarly, Waghorn and Dodoo are career strikers who are asked to play in wide roles that they are demonstrably incapable of doing; Senderos, not trusted for obvious reasons but begs the question as to why he draws a wage; Crooks, a 6ft 4 defensive midfielder who isn't trusted to replace the most lightweight midfield that can't defend...

9 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

As much as it pains me to say it they are a very useful team - i thought wd got stuck in but to keep up thaf level of intensity for 90 mins is impossibke. Thdy have much better players who cost more and get paid more - and not just the first 11. 

I'm not expecting them to keep it up for 90 minutes, I'm expecting them to carry it on into the 2nd half because it sets us up well for the 2nd half, I don't expect us to stand off them from the start of the 2nd half.

42 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He needs to realise games v them is a war.

He wants us to control the ball whilst they're in our faces and kicking fuck out us.

Sick of his ball control, pitch geography, learning from it pish.

I am sick of the man .Full stop .

Can you imagine any other time in our football lives watching Rangers .

20 points behind the beggars and this clown of a Manager is talking about giving players week off after another OF humbling .

We really do have some gullible fans within our support nowadays buying into this total bullshit .

It is exactly why the players don't give a fuck about losing big matches

Same diehards on the Inverness bus who backed Ally to the End are backing the Gaffer

Bad luck with injuries forgetting they have first team players out as well

We were at them first half, if we defended corners a bit better than a Sunday Pub team it would help

Doesn't understand the Club despite claiming he knows what it's all about

After the second half he thinks it's ok to tell the Rangers support who travelled far and wide again, that they players get a week off,,  a DESERVED break 

What a shocking thing to say after taking 1 from the available 6 points with powderpuff commitment 

7 minutes ago, Mazy74 said:

One day we will eventually "learn from it" ...hes a walking cliche now ! I just wish he had shown more respect to the defensive side of our team , we couldve made a season out of it ☹️

It's admirable to want to be a very attacking team, playing nice football, but when that is completely dysfunctional, not giving himself the option to be more defensive is just negligent.

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I don't see much difference in them. 

I have been watching Rangers since 1961 and seen them finish 4/5 in the league during that time. Nothing was a bad as the football played under  Ally in my opinion. It was eye watering some days.