Kenny & Hill to get contract extensions

RFCRobertson

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah he still has another 3.5 years on his contract (come February initially it was a 4.5 year contract) 

Makes it even more strange .......I'm thinking that's the biggest length of contract anyone has got under warburton so far ....... he must have a Gd agent lol. Hopefully he can turn it around but from what  I have seen of MOH he has very limited ability imo.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they been our best players this season? Possibly. And I get that they're good pros and a good example and generally good to have around. However, if they're first picks next season then it'll suggest we don't have the quality to beat sellic.

Will wait to see how the squad develops.

27 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Firstly, i'll buy my ST for the 35th year in a row but i think others will not.

Secondly, you sum it up - a 37 and 38 yr old are our best players. What does that say about the rest of our squad   How are we meant to compete with that lot? 

We should be trying to sign a Cuellar for 2m again - 2/3yrs good service and off to the prem for a good profit. That should be our ambition!!! 

Yeah, you're probably right. However we don't need to sacrifice the spine of our team to do that. 

This is absolutely the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So the spine of the team is a good goalie, helped by a 40 year old and a 38year old. 

Well that should be an interesting season. ??

The thing that gets me is that MW is not daft. He knows full well theres only room for one manager in this city. If next season goes in a similar way hes out the door. Is he going to get funds to do it! If he isnt then if i was him i would fuck off while his reputation is still ok. Or are funds coming??? 

6 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The thing that gets me is that MW is not daft. He knows full well theres only room for one manager in this city. If next season goes in a similar way hes out the door. Is he going to get funds to do it! If he isnt then if i was him i would fuck off while his reputation is still ok. Or are funds coming??? 

I've gave up trying to work out what's happening anymore. 

The only money he will get is a little slice of the ST money, and that won't win us a league. 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I've gave up trying to work out what's happening anymore. 

The only money he will get is a little slice of the ST money, and that won't win us a league. 

And there's the danger CB. Will we sell as many ST''s next year? 

I'm repeating myself over and over again. Buying young hungry players of a decent pedigree eg £2-3m  - 2/3 good years service and off to the richest league in the world for 2/3/4 times your money is the template. Easier said than done of course but there has to be significant ambition or this could spiral downwards verg quickly 

Carlos Cuellar being a prime example

14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

And there's the danger CB. Will we sell as many ST''s next year? 

I'm repeating myself over and over again. Buying young hungry players of a decent pedigree eg £2-3m  - 2/3 good years service and off to the richest league in the world for 2/3/4 times your money is the template. Easier said than done of course but there has to be significant ambition or this could spiral downwards verg quickly 

Carlos Cuellar being a prime example

That's the template ?

Sadly we can't even afford to get that going without a substantial frontloaded investment. 

I don't know if Hill and Miller have another year in them, however they've done well enough this season to deserve a loan.

Mo'H out? I don't care what the common believe is here. I rate him and he can put a cross ball in. Annoyed we don't play him. Where as others rate Tav in midfield...

Crooks? Is he even fit? If so why hasn't he played?

14 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I don't know if Hill and Miller have another year in them, however they've done well enough this season to deserve a loan.

Mo'H out? I don't care what the common believe is here. I rate him and he can put a cross ball in. Annoyed we don't play him. Where as others rate Tav in midfield...

He's absolutely rank rotten, wins corners with most crosses -lol- because he canny get it by the first man most time, the least skillful winger I think I've ever seen and doesn't look interested.

Should be behind, Waghorn, Forrester and Dodoo for right wing and that's saying something.

15 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

If we're going to be playing 3-5-2 the MoH is preferable to Tav for me.  Harder worker and more likely to track back.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should be behind, Waghorn, Forrester and Dodoo for right wing and that's saying something.

Mo'H hasn't had a real run of games yet. Normally does well for assists when he has a game.

Forrester would do better behind a front two rather on the wing for me, he's decent but I'll struggle to forgive him for not passing the bloody ball the other day!

Not sure Waghorn can handle the step up in leagues but I hope he proves me wrong. I also hope Dodoo is one for the future, although I tend to get overly excited by young players with very few meeting expectations.

6 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Miller is a honest guy he will only sign another contract if he thinks he can continue to bring something to the team.

Don't kid yourself.  Kenny Miller is a mercenary who has chased the money his entire career.  His bank balance comes first.

4 hours ago, Muz333 said:

I agree with you regarding M oh. He needs a run of games, to be given a chance. I thought that he was starting to find some decent form, then he got dropped, and has hardly featured since.

Crooks has definitely not been given a decent go at holding down a place. It's not as if those in his position, are setting the heather ablaze with their stunning displays, is it?

1 hour ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I agree with you regarding M oh. He needs a run of games, to be given a chance. I thought that he was starting to find some decent form, then he got dropped, and has hardly featured since.

Crooks has definitely not been given a decent go at holding down a place. It's not as if those in his position, are setting the heather ablaze with their stunning displays, is it?

If you are rank rotten every time you take the field that does not lend itself to a deserved run of games, that would be like playing with 9 men ffs, MOH has seldom produced and Crooks just looks like a fish out of water.

I completely get why MW is doing this. They and Fod are the most consistent performers we currently have. But as others have said not a great indictment of other players in our squad, that these two seem to be the hungriest players on the pitch. For a lot of our younger players it really is case of wages which are too much too soon.

Warbs has to start somewhere for building a team for next year- as things stand this is probably the only way he can sensibly go. However there really needs to be some well thought out signings to go along with this. The Barton signing still baffles me (other than a gimmick to promote season ticket sales) as it did not seem to fit with what the team actually needed or fit with Warbs previous signing template- i.e. We shouldn't just sign someone because they are available.