Were the Directors not meant to work for free?

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

we dont know what his bonus was for. If it was for dropping our losses from £6M to £3m then he succeeded. 

I would give him a bonus for that easily. 

People are just pissed off and want something to moan about, cutting operating losses by 50% would earn any person in his position a much more lucrative salary and bonus structure.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

He also does 3 times a better job for celtc.

You may be right but he is on every comittee going so can influence things in favour of the scum.

I couldn't really tell you what Robertson does from day to day, we are not represented at the top level of Scottish Football so hopefully he is making inroads into achieving this. Then again he might just be a nodding dog.

17 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

You may be right but he is on every comittee going so can influence things in favour of the scum.

I couldn't really tell you what Robertson does from day to day, we are not represented at the top level of Scottish Football so hopefully he is making inroads into achieving this. Then again he might just be a nodding dog.

I'm not talking about what or who he represents. I'm talking about the money he brings them alone in sponsorship transfer fees etc.

It's alot of money but about right for his position I'd say.

How much was Green paying himself (including bonuses) at a time when we were in the bottom leagues with greatly reduced income?

And Martin Bain was on the best part of 1 million if memory serves me correct.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Non-execs might not take a salary but MD is a full time executive role, he's obviously going to be paid for full time work

He should be on the same salary as President Trump, One Dollar, it's about what he appears to be worth.   Doesn't fight for the club or fans and appears to have brought very little to the table.

6 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Robertsons an employee, of course he should be paid

Indeed. He's an employee whose employer is operating on loans(for the present). Explain to me how this man can obtain a £53,000 bonus on top of his 6 figure salary and also explain what the bonus is actually for as I am at a loss understanding  what the £53,000 is for doing what? Or are we returning to the old board ways of bonus' for abject performances in administering our club?

9 minutes ago, True Azure said:

Indeed. He's an employee whose employer is operating on loans(for the present). Explain to me how this man can obtain a £53,000 bonus on top of his 6 figure salary and also explain what the bonus is actually for as I am at a loss understanding  what the £53,000 is for doing what? Or are we returning to the old board ways of bonus' for abject performances in administering our club?

You realise that his overal KPIs don't nessecarily equate to profitability, and even if it did we've improved significantly. 

This is the problem when fans become accountants, 99% of who have no fucking idea what they are talking about. 

He's an MD of a commercial business with a £20m+ turnover. Saleries and bonuses aren't comparable with your everyday tradesman. 

The CEO at my company (which has a turnover of circa £30m) is on roughly £350K per annum with an 'undisclosed' bonus. 

7 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

Is Lieswell not on 3 times that amount. 

Our old friend mr Bain was on roughly 650k and gave himself a 200k bonus for the team reaching the UEFA cup final the useless thieving bastard.at least liewell deserves every penny going by his results year on year

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You realise that his overal KPI don't nessecarily equate to profitability, and even if it did we've improved significantly. 

This is the problem when fans become accountants, 99% of who have no fucking idea what they are talking about. 

He's an MD of a commercial business with a £20m+ turnover. Saleries and bonuses aren't comparable with your everyday tradesman. 

The CEO at my company (which has a turnover of circa £30m) is on roughly £350K per annum with an 'undisclosed' bonus. 

If you are au fait with the financial renumerations at the director level within Ibrox, perhaps you can give all the rest of us who pump season ticket money into the club yearly, how Robertson is justified in taking £53,000 bonus. I always thought a bonus was paid for either increased profit, excellent performance, inspirational innovation or perhaps I'm just too naive in expecting any of the above and should settle for spunking RFC's money on ineffectual directors bonus'?

His basic salary is £179k.... not sure I'd be doing his role for that tbh.

For comparison:

Bain was on £600k basic (2011 before he left)

Green was on £333k basic

Mather was on £300k basic

Wallace was on £315k basic

In terms of bonuses, Bain regularly walked with 6 figure bonus, Green took £360, Mather received no bus but had a full years salary paid as severance and likewise Wallace.

49 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He should be on the same salary as President Trump, One Dollar, it's about what he appears to be worth.   Doesn't fight for the club or fans and appears to have brought very little to the table.

Maybe so was just referring to the idea that he'd not be getting paid

15 minutes ago, True Azure said:

If you are au fait with the financial renumerations at the director level within Ibrox, perhaps you can give all the rest of us who pump season ticket money into the club yearly, how Robertson is justified in taking £53,000 bonus. I always thought a bonus was paid for either increased profit, excellent performance, inspirational innovation or perhaps I'm just too naive in expecting any of the above and should settle for spunking RFC's money on ineffectual directors bonus'?

Could be based on anything:

In the 12 months to 30 June 2016 (he was MD full time)

Revenue increased £6m, operating losses decreased £8m, net loss down £4.4m, EBITDA went from a £6.8m loss to a 100k profit, the Club won the Championship and reached Scottish Cup final, ST sales increased by 10k, then another 5k this year.

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson earned £233,000 in the last year, including a £53,000 bonus, as the club made a £3.3m loss. 

This is from the Herald, unfortunately but it is a bit shocking if it is true. Or maybe I have the wrong end of the stick?  

I thought Robertson, Gilligan etc were not taking any salary out the club? Or was that only for the first year or something?

If this has any ounce of truth in it it means he is taking only 29k less than David Somers took... not exactly a glowing reference for the Rangers men. 

Not sure who you are mistaking Somers for mate.

He received £50k as a non-exec in 2014 and £40k in 2015.

Gilligan, Murray, Park(x2), Bennett & King are current non-execs and none have received a penny.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh well every other cunt has had his piece of the pie so it's ok this time as well. 

So much for the new dawn. 

Think that is a bit harsh.

As I said earlier, don't think I'd be doing that job (other than emotional attachment) for that salary.

Oh aye, increased revenue, the "going for 55" advertising drive.

He gets the bonus for the fans loyalty and dedication.

Maybe the board should be looking on the pitch and asking Mr Robertson how the 'going for 55' venture is panning out.

A good indication would have been the hogmanay game but from what I heard they had better places to be.