Scotland's Media - Decision Time

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You sound paranoid to me!

you equate and quote opinion as fact.

while I love the football there are bigger things going on in the world that the papers ignore but while your looking inwards and worrying about slights perceived or even real then I suppose the media are doing the job the media barons want - keeping the minds of the workers off the real issues. 

Male chauvinist pig.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You sound paranoid to me!

you equate and quote opinion as fact.

while I love the football there are bigger things going on in the world that the papers ignore but while your looking inwards and worrying about slights perceived or even real then I suppose the media are doing the job the media barons want - keeping the minds of the workers off the real issues. 

It's not opinion though when they are printing it as fact!

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you are no different, but I find it bizarre that you find it acceptable for our club (supposedly your club) being shat on by all and sundry.

Just for the record I'm not paranoid when the facts are there for all to see. 

14 minutes ago, TED E BEAR said:

I'm having trouble getting this link up it  appears then disappears both on twitter and Rangers media .

It's the mods on here mate, they do that to new folks, especially those with shouty usernames. 

Wait till the start with the real dark stuff, like changing your username to "cuntyflaps" and what not. 

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So much to agree with in that article ( no really!!) but The papers publish false 'opinion' that is much worse than offfending Rangers fans - if we really want to address journalism standards let's go after the big stuff in life like corporate fraud, poverty, the NHS, the fucking tories, blaming societies ills on migrants, or the poor, or even why our public companies are not good enough to run major utilities but we are expected to trust them with our privacy under the latest snoopers charter. Right sentiment - wrong target for our disgust. 

Seeing as NHS in Scotland is totally devolved to the Scottish Parliament and all policy and spending decisions are made in Scotland, you should have added the snp to your list

8 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

I wish I could read it without having to go to another site

Its no doubt on bheastminded or the fiddleboard (where the last few articles have been posted), I'm sure you would be able to read it there. 

3 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Read it, its rubbish

You're a Bheast. Most certainly on a register and denied access to kids.

Fact.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Its no doubt on bheastminded or the fiddleboard (where the last few articles have been posted), I'm sure you would be able to read it there. 

Fact.

Oh so being a free thinking bear makes me a Bheast LOL

I can like or dislike anything/players/subject/etc I like & that includes you

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Its no doubt on bheastminded or the fiddleboard (where the last few article have been posted), I'm sure you would be able to read it there. 

Fact.

So when this article writes:
I didn't enjoy The Ref's piece on VB about Scotland's Mainstream Media.

Does that mean the author is a Beast & most certainly on a register and denied access to kids :angry:

13 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Does that mean the author is a Beast & most certainly on a register and denied access to kids :angry:

No, it was subjective opinion.

Maybe try reading both articles and see where the author of the 2nd one is coming from (subjectivity)...although that might be a touch to much for your single, hard pushed brain cell to take in.

Come back to me with a frisking and complete breakdown of both articles, any contradictions  and counter arguments.

Look forward to it.

12 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Not enjoying something and not appreciating something are two very different things.

Why the open disrespect for all things VB from a couple on here? I don't agree with them all the time but mostly it's bang on IMO. If you don't like the stuff, move on and refrain from derogatory shite. At least RM allow a platform for all opinions, unlike other "FForums". Embrace opinion guys.

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

Why the open disrespect for all things VB from a couple on here? I don't agree with them all the time but mostly it's bang on IMO. If you don't like the stuff, move on and refrain from derogatory shite. At least RM allow a platform for all opinions, unlike other "FForums". Embrace opinion guys.

@zanderbear is shitting himself in case he's outed....just like most Bheasts on here.

Tick...tock...tick...

12 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

I believe the issue is one of competition. There isn't the demand for 4 or 5 papers all providing accurate and impartial news, 1 is all that is needed. It used to be the BBC (no laughing at the back); it is criminal that the taxpayer funded institution has been allowed to follow populist strategies.

For those that can't make it as the bastion of truth and impartiality, all that is left is segmented bias coverage to targeted population groups.

That's a much better read than the previous one and spot on with a lot of what they say.

Social media is fast becoming like Custers last stand for Rangers supporters, The mere mention of anything negative about the unwashed soon sees your tweet re-tweeted and suddenly surrounded from all sides by the unwashed and nat unwashed bullying and throwing abuse in your direction.

The official twitter feeds of Scottish newspapers has also seen a rise in abuse towards them if they dare say anything out of place and some of the abuse is quite disgusting towards certain journos like Matt Lindsay of the Evening times.

The media in this country are simply shit scared to say anything wrong about the unwashed and are quite happy to print nothing but negativity about Rangers, Knowing they will never get the same abuse from Rangers fans.

You only have to look no further than the child abuse scandal in British football and see the difference in reporting from the English media compared to the Scottish media who still refuse to investigate the cover up of child abuse at Celtc.

It's not also about tit for tat, Rangers fans merely request a level playing field when reporting about both clubs, Rangers are the worlds most successful football club based in a country where their own media hates them with a passion, So bad in fact they have written three story's in a few days from three different ex Rangers players about a manager from 10yrs ago and printed story's about Rangers employees wage structures... Scraping the bottom of the barrel because they have nothing to write.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

@zanderbear is shitting himself in case he's outed....just like most Bheasts on here.

Tick...tock...tick...

Shitting it for what reason?

I don't like a written piece, you think I'm not a bear because I have an opinion.

That makes you stupid, but even stupid must question were fear comes into this?

1 hour ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

That's a much better read than the previous one and spot on with a lot of what they say.

Social media is fast becoming like Custers last stand for Rangers supporters, The mere mention of anything negative about the unwashed soon sees your tweet re-tweeted and suddenly surrounded from all sides by the unwashed and nat unwashed bullying and throwing abuse in your direction.

The official twitter feeds of Scottish newspapers has also seen a rise in abuse towards them if they dare say anything out of place and some of the abuse is quite disgusting towards certain journos like Matt Lindsay of the Evening times.

The media in this country are simply shit scared to say anything wrong about the unwashed and are quite happy to print nothing but negativity about Rangers, Knowing they will never get the same abuse from Rangers fans.

You only have to look no further than the child abuse scandal in British football and see the difference in reporting from the English media compared to the Scottish media who still refuse to investigate the cover up of child abuse at Celtc.

It's not also about tit for tat, Rangers fans merely request a level playing field when reporting about both clubs, Rangers are the worlds most successful football club based in a country where their own media hates them with a passion, So bad in fact they have written three story's in a few days from three different ex Rangers players about a manager from 10yrs ago and printed story's about Rangers employees wage structures... Scraping the bottom of the barrel because they have nothing to write.

Those ex players must hate us too then

Look both sides of the 'Old Firm'  think the media is all for the other side and all against them, if you believe this is the case, then your either uneducated and believe in dogma (what others tell you to believe in), paranoid or both.

The media's aim is to sell news, when we were top dog ( 9 in a row etc) we got the lions share of the good news, they got the left overs. When its a close contest (on & off the park) both get an even share.

That's the way it goes. We can't blame the media for the bad results or lack of finances.