Todays Daily Record

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

At the bottom of the page it says "McCoist is my biggest regret".  

It's nothing negative. Just that he regrets leaving when he did because McCoist didn't get a proper opportunity to manage us because of the circumstances.

In his opinion.

I remember a poster on here who is now banned (don't recall his name) was adamant that Green saved Rangers and went balistic whenever anyone dare criticise his mentor. 

Our current board are far from perfect, but at least they are not cut from the same cloth as that lying, conning, theiving bastard.

I fuckin hate it when Walter makes out McCoist was purely a victim of circumstances. It insults the intelligence of the fans if he thinks we can't take the circumstances into account and still think he was a failure who without those circumstances wouldn't have been in the job in the first place. Bottom line is that when it comes to McCoist ,Walter isn't objective and shows blind loyalty to a fault. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

At the bottom of the page it says "McCoist is my biggest regret".  

KJ: In your head you believed Ally McCoist would be a successful manager but now no one will know.

WS: Nobody knows how it would have worked out. It’s like Paul Le Guen and Mark Warburton to a degree – they’ve not had the same opportunity to manage Rangers Football Club in the manner I did. That to me is my biggest regret of that whole period, the fact I left the boys behind. They were terrific for me.

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

If I recall correctly McCoist blew a 15 point lead and left us trailing by 10 points before Admin. Walter picked him and thats shameful.

He was a shocking manager but the 15 points thing is a myth. The tarriers had 2 games in hand when we were 15 clear so really he blew a 9 point lead.

2 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

If I recall correctly McCoist blew a 15 point lead and left us trailing by 10 points before Admin. Walter picked him and thats shameful.

Ally took over a Championship winning team and within the first few weeks of the season we had been knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers, UEFA qualifiers, and the League Cup.  We only had the League to play for after that and despite our early points lead we were playing very poorly indeed.  Celtic had pulled back those 15 points by New Year and it can't be blamed on off the field matters.  Ally was a very poor manager and that's why no other club will tough the guy to this day.  Moreover, he put his own pockets first by demanding full pay during that final year rather do the right thing and just fuck off.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Ally took over a Championship winning team and within the first few weeks of the season we had been knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers, UEFA qualifiers, and the League Cup.  We only had the League to play for after that and despite our early points lead we were playing very poorly indeed.  Celtic had pulled back those 15 points by New Year and it can't be blamed on off the field matters.  Ally was a very poor manager and that's why no other club will tough the guy to this day.  Moreover, he put his own pockets first by demanding full pay during that final year rather do the right thing and just fuck off.

He did come to a settlement in the last weeks, when he got the TV job.

Just now, Young Bob said:

He did come to a settlement in the last weeks, when he got the TV job.

That still sticks in my throat. That was, what, three months before the end of his contract? How fucking generous of him.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I remember a poster on here who is now banned (don't recall his name) was adamant that Green saved Rangers and went balistic whenever anyone dare criticise his mentor. 

Our current board are far from perfect, but at least they are not cut from the same cloth as that lying, conning, theiving bastard.

That was probably his Asian pal!