Gary1999RFC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt we are in a strong position to be tough in negotiating a price for him and every club on the planet knows it.

If he is consistent until the end of the season, yes he will be gone, but I doubt it would be for any more than £5mil and king won't be able to resist.

There's the Catch 22, you listen to some on here that we should keep the budget a secret it just makes other clubs shove the price up. The reverse of that is other clubs know we are skint and can cherry pick our players knowing we need the money badly. 

So our best player by a mile has only 1 1/2 years left on his contract and basically the only player in our team that would command a decent transfer fee and instead of tying him up on a longer deal were giving out better contracts to Kiernan & Tavernier who are both total rank and a another years contract extensions to Miller & Hill who are bloody past it! Sums up everything that's wrong wae this club. Honestly sick of this crap. Would'nae give Warburton a managers job in farm foods. He's brain dead! 

5 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Aa some have already mentioned,  if he can bulk up a bit - put in a tackle and work on his final delivery then he will be worth some cash.  

Right now,  not anymore than 1/1.5mil.

Why the fuck would he need to put a tackle in or even bulk up for that matter?

Hes also worth more than that atm.

24 minutes ago, Easton82 said:

So our best player by a mile has only 1 1/2 years left on his contract and basically the only player in our team that would command a decent transfer fee and instead of tying him up on a longer deal were giving out better contracts to Kiernan & Tavernier who are both total rank and a another years contract extensions to Miller & Hill who are bloody past it! Sums up everything that's wrong wae this club. Honestly sick of this crap. Would'nae give Warburton a managers job in farm foods. He's brain dead! 

If the player himself doesn't want to commit, there is not an awful lot the management can do other than sell him before his contract runs out. If he continues in this form, and we cant tie him down, he will be gone in the summer at the latest.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

If the player himself doesn't want to commit, there is not an awful lot the management can do other than sell him before his contract runs out. If he continues in this form, and we cant tie him down, he will be gone in the summer at the latest.

Has he even been offered a new deal? We heard about Waghorn turning a new deal down wae us I've not heard a thing about Barrie being offered 1. We lose him and were even more fucked. I can honestly say he's the only player I really enjoy watching. None of our other current players can cause teams bother like him. 

6 minutes ago, Easton82 said:

Has he even been offered a new deal? We heard about Waghorn turning a new deal down wae us I've not heard a thing about Barrie being offered 1. We lose him and were even more fucked. I can honestly say he's the only player I really enjoy watching. None of our other current players can cause teams bother like him. 

I dont know if he has been offered a deal - I am sure if he is and refuses it will be allover the press. I've enjoyed watching him since the start of December but before that he was useless. As other have said he needs to find a level of consistency - not be brilliant for 6 games a season and then be average to anonymous the rest

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont know if he has been offered a deal - I am sure if he is and refuses it will be allover the press. I've enjoyed watching him since the start of December but before that he was useless. As other have said he needs to find a level of consistency - not be brilliant for 6 games a season and then be average to anonymous the rest

Yeah but we all know what he can do when he's at his best. I dnt think the players roundabout him help him much. Hopefully these new loan midfielders help him a bit more.

16 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I'm sure Oliver Burke is a good lad but did he even get a game for Scotland while at Notts forest?  I don't know how he played vs us but I've yet to see the superstar the media thinks he is.

also McKay won't be here another 2 years. A million quid and he's gone

£1 million? U having a laugh? 

Someone said a while ago that Rangers could only offer a 1yr deal and it was the best financial package available to a 20yo (when he signed). Not sure how true it is, but we really need to tie him down on a long term, 3-4y contract, if we're going to get a sizeable fee for him.

Time to start playing hard ball the way the tims do when it comes to transfers.

People talking about £1m? The tarriers got that for Tony Watt who isn't even near Barrie McKay in terms of quality and ability, not to mention potential.

1 hour ago, Easton82 said:

£1 million? U having a laugh? 

I'm actually being optimistic.. I'd expect 900k for the board to accept an offer..

doesnt mean I think he's worth that. Gio, fergie,cuellar and Hutton. That's the only times I can remember us making good money on players.  The rest we seem to accept the first bid that comes

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I'm actually being optimistic.. I'd expect 900k for the board to accept an offer..

doesnt mean I think he's worth that. Gio, fergie,cuellar and Hutton. That's the only times I can remember us making good money on players.  The rest we seem to accept the first bid that comes

Well if that happens they wnt be getting my season ticket money nxt season cause that will only show the board 2b even more hopeless than they already are!

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Why the fuck would he need to put a tackle in or even bulk up for that matter?

Hes also worth more than that atm.

It would improve his overall game imo.  He's easily pushed and bullied at times.  So working on his overall strength wouldn't be a bad thing.  Being able to chase back and put in a tackle would also make him a more attractive prospect and better overall player.

So how much would you suggest he is worth then?

2 hours ago, Easton82 said:

He was offered a longer contract when he signed his last extension, he wasn't going to sign a 4-5 year deal so we tied him up to what we could.

We'll probably try extend it again in the next few months and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a short extension again.

24 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

It would improve his overall game imo.  He's easily pushed and bullied at times.  So working on his overall strength wouldn't be a bad thing.  Being able to chase back and put in a tackle would also make him a more attractive prospect and better overall player.

So how much would you suggest he is worth then?

3-5

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

3-5

I very much doubt we would get anything near that, the club are skint and every other club know that.  Mckay has potential but totally unproven in the European stage, he lacks consistency and a final ball.  Not to mention he has less than 2yrs left on his current deal 

11 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Aye the Davie Cooper that ripped Rangers apart ,single -handedly, for Clydebank. Took us two Cup replays to overcome him and he scored in every game. He was younger than McKay is now and playing against one of Rangers greatest ever teams.

If McKay reaches the Cooper level of inconsistency god knows what his value will be.

Cooper was great - but wingers and inconsistency is sort of hand in hand !

Besides cooper only could play with one foot and did nae tackle back :sherlock: