MOH

Boybluesy

MOH has no chance of pleasing many of our support due to his religion and previous football allegiance.    He is far better than many give him credit  such being due to the aforementioned.  He and McKay today were the ones creating chances but the ineptitude of others was our main problem.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

MOH has no chance of pleasing many of our support due to his religion and previous football allegiance.    He is far better than many give him credit  such being due to the aforementioned.  He and McKay today were the ones creating chances but the ineptitude of others was our main problem.

Can't speak for others but I don't care about someone's religion - I've been consistent in saying I didn't rate O'Halloran as Rangers class when he was at St Johnstone and he's done nothing to change my mind. I agree he did alright today. Looked sharp and lively but little end product again. Likewise McKay who had a decent enough game too. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't speak for others but I don't care about someone's religion - I've been consistent in saying I didn't rate O'Halloran as Rangers class when he was at St Johnstone and he's done nothing to change my mind. I agree he did alright today. Looked sharp and lively but little end product again. Likewise McKay who had a decent enough game too. 

I'm not saying he or anyone else is at the standard we expect at RFC but of the team on the park today, both he an McKay were our main threats.   There is serious dislike of MOH by a section of our support and it has nothing to do with footballing ability.  For what it is worth, I am not related to him in any way.  :happy:

As for end product today, there was invariably no-one in the right place to bury any chances.  Perhaps that is due to playing without a proper striker.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not saying he or anyone else is at the standard we expect at RFC but of the team on the park today, both he an McKay were our main threats.   There is serious dislike of MOH by a section of our support and it has nothing to do with footballing ability.  For what it is worth, I am not related to him in any way.  :happy:

As for end product today, there was invariably no-one in the right place to bury any chances.  Perhaps that is due to playing without a proper striker.

JCfrancisOhalloranbear :ride:

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Much of this is correct imo.

Would still have liked him to beat the first man though so I could have pilloried Miller for being in the wrong place, but all too often the first man made easy interceptions.

He really was shite at crossing.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Much of this is correct imo.

Would still have liked him to beat the first man though so I could have pilloried Miller for being in the wrong place, but all too often the first man made easy interceptions.

He really was shite at crossing.

But when crosses went in from both wings we were missing someone to bury them.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

But when crosses went in from both wings we were missing someone to bury them.

Yeah missing a 17 foot tall CF that would have finished them.

Wingers crossing shite and generally speaking no CF in a 9 role. Doesn't bode well for success really.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah missing a 17 foot tall CF that would have finished them.

Wingers crossing shite and generally speaking no CF in a 9 role. Doesn't bode well for success really.

You're being a tad unfair here.  i agree many crosses were poor but invariably there was nobody in the middle or in the right place to score.    

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

You're being a tad unfair here.  i agree many crosses were poor but invariably there was nobody in the middle or in the right place to score.    

Struggling to think of many where a standard CF would have finished.

As I recall most hit the front man, went high and wide over the far post, or went to the keeper.

I'm in West enclosure and the best two crosses outwith the goals both came from them in the second half from my side of the pitch. I saw nothing of a similar quality from our wide men.

I didn't think that he was too bad yesterday, but didn't think that he produced very much either. Starting to go off him now, although what is the point in him getting to the bye line, and crossing the ball into the box, when there's none of his team mates there? It happened a few times yesterday, both MOH, and McKay, got into good crossing positions, with the ball, only to look up, and no blue jerseys to be seen. 

Miller infuriates me, at times, by coming deep to try to pick the ball up, then when we get a good break going, he's in the centre circle, rather than being in the penalty box. I was wanting him subbed yesterday, because I dont think that he plays the target man, in the middle very well, but just goes to show what I know when he scores 2 late goals to win the game. MW might not be the best Rangers manager ever, but he's still a lot better than me..

9 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Apart from the run into the box where he was tripped his contributions were running into defenders, running and leaving the ball behind, tripping over the ball, getting past players letting them catch up while he tried to work the ball into a stationary crossing position and hitting the ball into his opponent.

Unable to run with the ball unless he is looking at it and unable to cross it while running. Not a wide man and so far has shown no sign of enough composure to play through the middle where his pace would be far more useful and as has been said in a counter attacking team.

He also got into the box by the byline near the6 yard box  and tried to pass to Miller but a defender got to it first. There's 2attempts already. More than any other player bar McKay. That and the penalty claim are the only 2 that come to my mind the now.  my point was on another day they would've went our way and we'd have won more comfortably. 

Play him through the middle or not at all. Simple as that.

Never a wide man in a million years.

If the gaffer is not interested in playing him through the middle then we may aswell cut our ties with the lad and wish him all the best.

2 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

He's being played out of position, and in a system that doesn't suit him.

He succeeded at St Johnstone from outpacing the opposition defence playing with a high line. Every team sits 10 men behind the ball vs us, therefore there's no space to get in behind.

By the looks of it, it's a system that doesn't suit any player.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Holt done a lot less than MOH, so I dont know why MOH is getting singled out. Theres people doing less than Holt as well, so I dont know why I am singling him out...:huh:

Our midfield is a shambles. Neither Holt, nor Halliday have been anywhere near good enough this year. Both coped with the Championship, however neither have made the step up.

6 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

He's being played out of position, and in a system that doesn't suit him.

He succeeded at St Johnstone from outpacing the opposition defence playing with a high line. Every team sits 10 men behind the ball vs us, therefore there's no space to get in behind.

It really is as simple as that 

As others have said, with O'Hallorans level of technical ability and style of play, he is never going to shine against teams sitting deep.

If a games opened up, he would probably be our most dangerous player. I like having a fast and direct option in the squad - but understand he isn't always going to be useful.

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

As others have said, with O'Hallorans level of technical ability and style of play, he is never going to shine against teams sitting deep.

If a games opened up, he would probably be our most dangerous player. I like having a fast and direct option in the squad - but understand he isn't always going to be useful.

I agree but his best bit yesterday was taking the ball standing still at the edge of the box skipping past two or three then being tripped for the "penalty", so he has a bit of that as well, his end result after seemingly doing the hard bit in getting past the defenders and hitting the byeline is pretty poor, if I was Warburton I would have him practising that each side for a fair chunk of the training sessions as that would get us goals aplenty.

31 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I agree but his best bit yesterday was taking the ball standing still at the edge of the box skipping past two or three then being tripped for the "penalty", so he has a bit of that as well, his end result after seemingly doing the hard bit in getting past the defenders and hitting the byeline is pretty poor, if I was Warburton I would have him practising that each side for a fair chunk of the training sessions as that would get us goals aplenty.

He isn't technically terrible, he can dribble a bit, but as said, he has the ability of a £500k player - which is what he is. He rarely gets to showcase his biggest asset, which is pace, as teams more often than not sit in against us.

I think frustratingly we just do not have the quality required. I think O'Halloran is one of the few in the team that would shine more with better players about him.