Rob Kiernan

King Jela

Really don't know why but I think he's a decent footballer. He wins every single ball in the air he goes for and is ridiculously good with the ball at his feet. I will accept the fact he makes mistakes, but I much rather have him in the team. The amount of time Motherwell were on the break and he beat their man into the ball, well played son.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

His atrocious passing aside I thought he looked pretty solid today. If Hyndman wasnt playing he would have been my MOTM today 

Thought the same. He won every header he went for, made some good interceptions, great performance from him and defo next in line for MOTM after Emerson

48 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Really don't know why but I think he's a decent footballer. He wins every single ball in the air he goes for and is ridiculously good with the ball at his feet. I will accept the fact he makes mistakes, but I much rather have him in the team. The amount of time Motherwell were on the break and he beat their man into the ball, well played son.

Absolutely on the money. Amazing with ball at feet and touches for a defender and even has a accurate long ball in him too. Won every header his way today. Set piece positions can be worked on. Will be a massive part of us going forward for me. 

9 minutes ago, sconer said:

Absolutely on the money. Amazing with ball at feet and touches for a defender and even has a accurate long ball in him too. Won every header his way today. Set piece positions can be worked on. Will be a massive part of us going forward for me. 

:justno:Hope you're being ironic ffs!?

59 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

You can't be serious. The number of times he's beaten with cross balls into the box defies belief. How many times has he been posted missing in the big games? Losing his man again and again. I take no pleasure in saying this but big Rob is right up there among the worst defenders ever to wear the blue.

4 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

You can't be serious. The number of times he's beaten with cross balls into the box defies belief. How many times has he been posted missing in the big games? Losing his man again and again. I take no pleasure in saying this but big Rob is right up there among the worst defenders ever to wear the blue.

Spot on,he's a useless big shit

33 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's a terrible defender, his passing out of defence is atrocious, his positional awareness is non existent and he has way to many brain farts. 

Needs replaced in the summer. 

He must be an Opposition strikers dream to play against.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Played better second half struggled first half i thought.

A few struggled 1st half i though but it;s not how they start it's how they finished and as a team we finished strongly.

We grew in confidence as the 2nd half went on we pummelled Motherwell, battered them silly they were heavily under the cosh, couldn't cope with our attacking threat.

Warburton has some decisions to make this coming summer.   Presumably Senderos will depart.   Hill will be a season older - will he be good enough for another season in Scotland?   I'm assuming he'll keep Wilson.  But what of Kiernan?  Will he still be here next season?   I suppose its more than possible.    Maybe he'll have a stormer of a 2nd half of the season and find himself the transfer target of clubs back down South.

Unfortunately, unless there are some last minute transfer moves over the next few days, it looks like central defence will still be a big talking point for the start of next season.      As much of a problem is the problem of finding players that can score enough goals next season so that a much more credible title challenge is made.   It's not as if its just a few changes are needed to take the team to a much higher level of performance. 

5 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

He was shite absolutely atrocious distribution and poor Decision making all game.

he doesn't have the concentration to be a top defender 

The concentration? He doesn't have any of the attributes required to be a defender of any kind. It's not just his hair that is Gumpesque.

I hate giving stick to any of our players in particular a lad that I think wants do do well, its not his attitude.  For me though with Rob we have a guy that struggles to make simple passes, has shocking positional sense  and unfortunately in general is a liability - you just cannot afford to have that in you defence. 

If he goes on to prove us all wrong great, I really don't see it.