Rob Kiernan

King Jela

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was poor in the first half but second half I thought he put a shift in. It helped that our ball retention in the final third was a lot better and he wasn't having to run around loads - when teams continually press on us he seems to crumble. Our back 4 need a breather sometimes so midfielders and forwards did their jobs a lot better today

I remember games under Smith where we defended in a line across the 18 yard box and Weir and Cuellar headed everything away. Kiernan is actually suited to that style, where he doesn't have to move much from one spot, doesn't have quick players running at him and he can see the game in front of him and doesn't have to track runners in behind. I think as long as Hill is there pointing him where to stand and shouting 'head it' at the right time he can do a job.

When it comes to passing, tackling, marking, running etc he's just not good enough.

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

No no no no no.............

The usual hysterical thread after a win. Just have a look at motherwells goal last week. Ask yourself this - if we were going to the Knew Camp next week, would you feel confident in him?

Like fuck 

Wtf are you talking about? I started the thread based on his performance today, not a 'hysterical' thread claiming he's our future captain ffs :lol: 

Just now, King Jela said:

Wtf are you talking about? I started the thread based on his performance today, not a 'hysterical' thread claiming he's our future captain ffs :lol: 

After Emerson, i would have picked Miller, mckay, Wallace, even Hill before that bombscare

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

After Emerson, i would have picked Miller, mckay, Wallace, even Hill before that bombscare

Kiernan Halliday and Tavernier on the  team sheet is like playing with 8 men they were the biggest threat for well today just how many times did Haliday lose the ball ? how can you be a holding midfield player when you keep giving it to the opposition  he's weak physical and is pushed of the ball too easily  fuckin Tavernier again lapses in concentration  for what he offers going forward he's a liability  as for Kiernan he has no positioning sense and is ball watching constantly these players should never see the first team

2 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

He was shite absolutely atrocious distribution and poor Decision making all game.

he doesn't have the concentration to be a top defender 

His concentration is bad.

Can be having a good game, and then there's usually a fuck up which is punished. Has the physical tools, but not the mentality to be a top Rangers CB. 

Think he is learning from Hill though. We certainly more solid with them developing a partnership. 

Would prioritise a physical and quick CB in the summer window though.