So let's do a stock take

Gaz52

Personally I don't think our squad is that bad..Of course it's not a patch on previous ones but we've just been promoted. .

Compared to the baby touchers. ..who have a ton of cash 

Wes or Gordon ....Wes 

Hodson or Lustig. ..hod 

Keirnan or Svevchenko ..sv

Hill or their other wan...hill

Wallace or Tierney. . Happy with Wallace

Rossiter or lego eater...Ross

Tonal or Rogic ..not sure 

Hyndman or Armstrong. .not sure 

Moh or sinclair. .sinclair 

Mckay or Forest. .Mckay 

Miller or dembele. .not sure 

I feel leadership and ability to change the system let's us down more than our first choice personel 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Bang on GF lets get him for next season as well before they take him back and loan him to a championship team as that's what will happen.

I think he will have a squad place when Wilshire returns to Arsenal sadly. 

For each of those areas we have at least two "reliables": we have Hill and Wallace in defence; Toral and Hyndman in midfield; Miller and (a consistent) McKay in attack. How they bring the others on is an important factor. Hill has been great at bringing on Kiernan and Wlson, Hyndman and Toral influenced Halliday and Windass for the better; and Miller and McKay have brought slightly better from Waghorn. The frustrating thing has been the sending off of O'Halloran, and you could tell that from the manager's reaction as soon as it happened, because O'Halloran playing off Hyndman and Toral could be a very big player, and we  may also see an improvement in his game. Finally, we have a midfield now that can be called much improved; it will be interesting seeing how we improve because of that in the coming weeks.

4 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Personally I don't think our squad is that bad..Of course it's not a patch on previous ones but we've just been promoted. .

Wes or Gordon ....Wes 

Hodson or Lustig. ..hod 

Mckay or Forest. .Mckay 

I feel leadership and ability to change the system let's us down more than our first choice personel 

Head in the clouds mate. No offence but the blinkers are on here 

22 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Wes or Gordon ....Wes 

Hodson or Lustig. ..hod 

Mckay or Forest. .Mckay 

forgetting the fact that its cellic, i would take everyone of their players over  ours in that position, bar McKay and maybe Hyndman

43 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Wes or Gordon ....Wes 

Hodson or Lustig. ..hod 

Mckay or Forest. .Mckay 

Cant believe you think Sinclair is better than MOH..

Miller aside our forwards are some of the worst in the league at finishing. I wouldn't keep any of them on current form. Midfield is too lax for me.. Halliday not good enough (concentration is nil) holt is full of running but no end product. Rossiter ?, full backs are patchy at best and centre defence is as weak as a can of skol.  I would like to see everyone bar miller,McKay and foderingham leave.

its a really weak (physically) squad. Easy on the eye at times but one or 2 challenges from the opposition and 9/10 the players don't want to know.  Too many below average players from well below average clubs have been signed and this is a big problem 

46 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Wes or Gordon ....Wes 

Hodson or Lustig. ..hod 

Mckay or Forest. .Mckay 

Tierney over Wallace based on current form. And rogic and lego over the other 2 easy.  Goalkeepers is about the be only even position between us 2 and that's being realistic. McKay and probably miller are the only 2 that could get a game for the taigs and it's a bad reflection on us.

too much opinion is gauged on delias time at the piggery 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Forgive me if I leave anyone out..

Foderingham, Alnwick

Hodson, Tavernier, Wallace, Hill, Kiernan, Senderos, Wilson, Bates

Toral, Hyndman, Halliday, Windass, Holt, Forrester, Rossiter (lol), Kranjcar (injured), Crooks (loaned to Scunthorpe)

Dodoo, O'Halloran, Miller, Garner, McKay, Waghorn

What does everyone think of our current squad? Is it good enough to secure second place? What players do you reckon will be away after this season? (Other than the loanees of course)

I think we'll get second place and would get rid of Tavernier, Senderos, Wilson, Windass, Holt, Kranjcar, Crooks, O'Halloran, and Waghorn.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Foderingham, Alnwick

Toral, Hyndman, Halliday, Windass, Holt, Forrester, Rossiter (lol), Kranjcar (injured), Crooks (loaned to Scunthorpe)

What does everyone think of our current squad? Is it good enough to secure second place? What players do you reckon will be away after this season? (Other than the loanees of course)

Add Mark Warburton

I don't know we have been 'Good, Bad & Ugly' this season, who knows what team will turn up or what team MW will field, on any given occasion?

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Foderingham, Alnwick

There isn't at present enough goals in it.

We can play well, but don't create or create and whomever is up front can't finish.

Its remarkable we are relying on KM to continue pulling us out of the shit.

And Midfield so far this season haven't helped by weighing in with goals.

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Foderingham, Alnwick

Yes over the last 10 games we have the same amount of points as Aberdeen but with the added loan players this should see us finish stronger. My only concern would be an injury to Miller 

Sadly I think the loan players will be away before the Europa League starts and it is notoriously difficult to get players in so early so thinking about it now is giving me the fear.

18 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Wes or Gordon ....Wes 

Hodson or Lustig. ..hod 

Mckay or Forest. .Mckay 

Mate I admire your positivity but that is way off. I'd keep Hyndman, Wes and McKay, that's it. Hill maybe at a push. 

Totally gutting state of affairs. 

Might be a few more revisions to the 'take stock' views after the game today.    A speed bump on Weds against Hearts and another speed bump of sorts today.   The team under Warburton is becoming more familiar with reverse gears than with forward gears,