RFC55

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Remember Warburtons interviews when he first came?

Buzzwords aplenty, clichés we hadn't heard before but grew accustomed too, impressive stuff we all thought.

Do you think he was an ace communicator and organiser?

Suggest you read my post again.  I didn't say that being a good public communicator ( as Warburton generally was) guarantees effective organisation of the team.  However, it seems improbable that an inability to communicate clearly in public doesn't lead to problems when trying to communicate with, and organise a team.  And, by the way, I don't think SAF was that bad at communicating in public. 

6 hours ago, OceanRain said:

"I'm a Rangers man [...] When you're offered a chance to come here it's very difficult to turn down [...] If Rangers wanted to speak to me then I'd have to take it from there."

I have never posted anything regarding rumours I've heard etc, but have absolutely no reason not to believe what I was told today. A member of the girl's family says McLeish is waiting for the call and it'll be done. The above quote definitely adds weight to that.

If we're going for an appointment until the end of the season I'd rather McLeish than Davies. Long term though, it's without doubt neither. Must be someone like de Boer for the long run.

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Suggest you read my post again.  I didn't say that being a good public communicator ( as Warburton generally was) guarantees effective organisation of the team.  However, it seems improbable that an inability to communicate clearly in public doesn't lead to problems when trying to communicate with, and organise a team.  And, by the way, I don't think SAF was that bad at communicating in public. 

I suggest you gather some facts before you try to label people stone-age cavemen because how you imagine them to be in a dressing room shouting and bawling.

Out of interest, and a genuine question, has any of our ex players actually came out and said McLeish used to shout and bawl like a caveman?

Mcleish has what it takes to win trophies in Scotland and that's exactly what's required. A decent run in Europe would be great but that costs too much and is a long term issue which none of us have much enamour for. We need trophies.

Paedo select aren't as convincing as the media make out, Mcleish is the man to show that and to put them back where they belong, forever looking up at us and continuing their obsession. 

Guest Lloyd72

Would be happy to have Mccleish till the end of the season but no longer than that because we need to look long term, the guy is obviously passionate for our club and could be the type of influence we need in the dressing room to boot some baws.

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Zamaleck fired with half the season still to play, so NO from me.

This next appointment of a manager is massive for the club and the choice will be a true indicator of the ambitions of the current board, we cannot afford for them to get it wrong.  

Fans are banned from games, good players strive with fans behind them, big eck will do just fine given the job

6 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Fans are banned from games, good players strive with fans behind them, big eck will do just fine given the job

So there were small (almost no) crowds, wow what a pish excuse.  If he is appointed as a full-time manager then he may also see much smaller crowds at Ibrox. 

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I suggest you gather some facts before you try to label people stone-age cavemen because how you imagine them to be in a dressing room shouting and bawling.

Out of interest, and a genuine question, has any of our ex players actually came out and said McLeish used to shout and bawl like a caveman?

Again, I suggest that you have another look at my post.  I said that I imagine that McLeish would be good at the stone-age shouting and bawling.  I don't have any proof that he has ever shouted at players, but then I haven't researched this. It's my opinion, based on the quite backward approach he has to tactics, and the tedious style of football he is associated with.  This forum is about options, and that's mine.  You are of course free to disagree.  As I say, we'll no doubt get to see how effective and entertaining his Rangers team is over the period ahead. I'll be happy to give him credit if I'm proved wrong, but I've seen nothing in his career so far to convince me that he is the man Rangers need right now. 

Any manager who comes in, long term/end of the season/whatever, HAS to change the tactics. We're too predictable in our current form. Perhaps two up top would be an idea but who would you go with? It'd need to be something like Fod; Hodson, Hill, Wilson, Wallace; Tav, Toral, Hyndman, McKay; Garner, Miller... Or MOH rather than Tav, or MOH up top with Garner? Having two similar players up top doesn't tend to be effective (Boyd and Miller being the perfect example of what is). Or could be Dodoo and Garner. It will be interesting nonetheless but worst thing that could happen is the status quo imo.

A change in tactic/strategy could really benefit us.

32 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Zamaleck fired with half the season still to play, so NO from me.

This next appointment of a manager is massive for the club and the choice will be a true indicator of the ambitions of the current board, we cannot afford for them to get it wrong.  

Zamalek have fired basically every manager they have had for the past fifteen years within six months of their appointments so of all the thing he's done poorly that's one of the worst you can bring up as a reason not to appoint him IMO.

25 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Don't know about ex players but I'm sure our potential PotY Kenny and big Alex have had a couple of coming togethers over the years " I think Kenny has made a big mistake leaving hivs to join Rangers "

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Any manager who comes in, long term/end of the season/whatever, HAS to change the tactics. We're too predictable in our current form. Perhaps two up top would be an idea but who would you go with? It'd need to be something like Fod; Hodson, Hill, Wilson, Wallace; Tav, Toral, Hyndman, McKay; Garner, Miller... Or MOH rather than Tav, or MOH up top with Garner? Having two similar players up top doesn't tend to be effective (Boyd and Miller being the perfect example of what is). Or could be Dodoo and Garner. It will be interesting nonetheless but worst thing that could happen is the status quo imo.

A change in tactic/strategy could really benefit us.

Today when we changed to 442 was probably the most dangerous we've looked attacking wise for months.

3 minutes ago, bettertogether said:

Don't know about ex players but I'm sure our potential PotY Kenny and big Alex have had a couple of coming togethers over the years " I think Kenny has made a big mistake leaving hivs to join Rangers "

Yes, and wasn't McLeish's first decision when he became manager to let Miller go to Wolves? Or is my memory playing tricks?  I think Miller was away on loan and McLeish decided not to bring him back?

10 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Again, I suggest that you have another look at my post.  I said that I imagine that McLeish would be good at the stone-age shouting and bawling.  I don't have any proof that he has ever shouted at players, but then I haven't researched this. It's my opinion, based on the quite backward approach he has to tactics, and the tedious style of football he is associated with.  This forum is about options, and that's mine.  You are of course free to disagree.  As I say, we'll no doubt get to see how effective and entertaining his Rangers team is over the period ahead. I'll be happy to give him credit if I'm proved wrong, but I've seen nothing in his career so far to convince me that he is the man Rangers need right now. 

That's fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

If he comes in and offers up turgid football it will be the same style we are used after our last modern approach, good public speaking manager.

11 minutes ago, bettertogether said:

He's managed him at Scotland since then without any trouble (far as I remember anyway)

It will probably end up being someone unexpected or not really heard of.

Just because the bookies have them favourites doesn't mean the board are considering them. It just means people are betting on them.

The last time the same names kept coming up and it apparently came down to Warburton and Vitor Pereira.

Next appointment needs to be THE appointment not a short term stop gap imo,

would Mcleish have the ability to get us to finish the season strong- I think so

is Mcleish clever enough in the transfer market and does he have what it takes to surpass the mhanks next season??? Doubtful 

is he THE appointment we need?