• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have the benefit of hindsight now - the team was being slowly asset stripped when he was in charge. At the time we didn't know (well most of us didn't) that the financial situation was so dire and obviously what was to come ?

Ā He was working with the crumbs of what previous managers had. I always liked him and if he gets the job I wish him all the best.

Ā 

Ā 

Never let antone down whilst he was here ... His first interview was great.

'I may not have the most inspiring cv, and managed top European teams playing in the champions league; but one thing I'm sure of is that I'm a winner. Ā I'll go out every day and make my team a team of winners'Ā 

If he gets it he will have my support.

The board have a big decision to make.Ā 

I would take Eck until the end of the season. He wasn't always popular, probably because of the Aberdeen connection and the fact some felt he wasn't anĀ ambitious enough choiceĀ after Advocaat etc. Reality of it was that he was brought in as budgets were being slashed and he had lots of quality sold out from under him. I though he did well with us all things considered. We need someone to come and give the players a rocket and he could well be the man to do that.Ā 

Longer them though the board need to make a decision as to what sort of football we want to play. I'm not sure McLeish is the long-term answer in terms of the style of play we seem to wantĀ at all levels now. For that, someone like De Boer is the better longer term candidate as he's used to developing youth and has more high level experience than Warburton while favouring a similar pressingĀ style. That said, he would necessitate a far higher budget and I just don't think we have the means to do something that ambitious, unless someone on the board knows something about investment that we don't. This means we might end up moving backward not only in terms of appointment but also style. In the short term though, we just need to start winning again.Ā Ā Ā 

What's the obsession with gio btw? How long has he had the feyenoord gig? Being clear or winning with a different team means nothing coming to Rangers. Look at plg he was an absolute king at Lyon and then playing silkyĀ stuff whilst winning the French league.

and don't even start by saying ah but he knows the Scottish game.. he used to know the Scottish game. It has severely depleted since 2001 and his budget here will be significantly less than his current club plus he's stuck with a bunch of losers for a squad that can't be sold and will cost money to pay off

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Eck will come in short term.

Rumours will fly around of FdB & a few other big names.

Season ticket renewals will be out.

Still rumours of a new manager.

Eck signs a 2 year deal.

:dunno:

Unfortunately that's probably bang on the money,our new manager will show the boards true level of ambition if Ecks in the dugout next season questions need to be askedĀ 

Just got in and my old man was giving it the fist pump about Big Ecks comments pre match on Sky.(he is a fan..I liked him alot)...I would definitely take him for the rest of the Season..I do agree with MasterD that we might end up with him for the next few years as any hope of my own wish of Michael Laudrup or indeed FdB seems to be a non starter due to cash constraints..Ā Ā 

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Genuine question if FDB is a free agent now. Why is everyone talking about waiting until summer to get him in?

if people are going to fantasise about this why does the fantasy include waiting?

Because he said himself he is waiting until the summer

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Is at the game today and looks like he will be our short term boss till seasons end.

all the best big yin

Ā 
Ā 

I hope not he seems to have lost his facilities a wee bit given his commentary withĀ Stubbs. He was all over the Place.