Next Manager

DavieMacRFC

Just now, PRW. said:

And if he doesn't?

Then it's more realistic obviously. But there's a 25% chance at the moment he can with them sitting in the play offs. I can't imagine him wanting to be distracted with job offers at the moment when he has the potential to return Leeds to the Prem.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Heres one out of left field that no ones picked up on, Mikel Arteta.

Currently learning his trade under Guardiola as co-assistant, I would love us to be his first management role. 

Take a bow Sir

?????????????

Worst fucking suggestion yet.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Take a bow Sir

?????????????

Worst fucking suggestion yet.

Aye we are probably too shite for him noo.

Whats to fucking lose with this type of appointment, we are already destined for second place for the next fuck knows how long. Mcliesh, Davies, Ferguson, Deboer and all the rest have done fuck all in football management to date and Arteta has done as much as them. 

Arteta is a name in football his name can attract good young talent i would believe, and thats how and where we get back up to near they cunts. 

No cunt is gonna throw money at us to win anything. 

Anyway was just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Whats to fucking lose with this type of appointment, we are already destined for second place for the next fuck knows how long. Mcliesh, Davies, Ferguson, Deboer and all the rest have done fuck all in football management to date and Arteta has done as much as them. 

Arteta is a name in football his name can attract good young talent i would believe, and thats how and where we get back up to near they cunts. 

We're simply not in a good enough position for an inexperienced manager to come and learn his trade.

The names you've listed have more management experience than Arteta and i wouldn't even give the job to a couple of them (Davies and Ferguson).

7 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

De Boer has done fuck all in management :lol:

2 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

We're simply not in a good enough position for an inexperienced manager to come and learn his trade.

The names you've listed have more management experience than Arteta and i wouldn't even give the job to a couple of them (Davies and Ferguson).

I understand were you guys are coming from, but experience doesnt = success, prefer us to take the chance again, we know we need a manager who promotes and develops youth, thats gonna pay us off big time if we can get it right.  

18 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Apart from winning four out of the five titles he contested for with Ajax :rolleyes:

It's also ridiculous say that McLeish has done nothing in management either when he's actually won nine trophies as a manager :lol:

Just now, DBBTB said:

Apart from winning four out of be five titles he contested for with Ajax :rolleyes:

It's also ridiculous say that McLeish has done nothing in management either when he's actually won nine trophies as a manager :lol:

Even as much as I'm against Davies he's done good jobs with different clubs in the Championship 

33 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

"Already destined for 2nd": We're 3rd so far from a given.

"Mcleish has done nothing":- airbrushing history.

How is Artetas tactical savvy, his man management skills, his coaching licence cv, his knowledge of the Scottish game currently, his ability to build a team and one on a far reduced budget than bheasts, his desire to return to Scotland...... 

Because someone was a great player doesn't make them a great manager. Or even a good one necessarily. And I don't think our current environment is a good one for folk to learn the trade, especially with the beast hurtling towards 10 and financially strong.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we go down the DOF route then it'll be a head coach we will be looking for.

That would narrow down list because a lot of 'managers' wouldn't want involved in that type of set-up.

True but would only narrow down British managers because the majority of European clubs already operate with a DOF don't they?

On 2/13/2017 at 9:42 AM, dande101 said:

What makes you say that?

If your seriously in the know then please tell us, I'm going on hear say as are most of us because other than the 2 statements released then no cunt know what's going on.

Enlighten me!

It's simple

No Window, Same shite players, No ability to win the league, 

What decent manager would want to come in now?

I'm starting to get sick of saying it tbh, the only opportunity we have to bring in a quality manager is in the summer. So the best we can hope for just now is a no nonsense experienced manager whom knows what we're about, assessing the squad and getting rid of the shite then at the end of the season we can really see which players will cut it and who wont.

If we don't get someone in to do this then we could be assessing players based on what a poor manager (Warburton) has wrongly asked them to do, or Murty (or similar) has asked them to do - will probably be just as informative ie not.

On 13 February 2017 at 9:37 AM, dande101 said:

If the next manager is to be Frank de Boer then why get Mcleish or any other guy in to manage us until the end of the season?

Surely it would make more sense to get the new permanent manager in asap so he can evaluate who might be worth keeping and identify the key positions that need filled.

FDB is currently unemployed and ready to listen, getting a stop gap in makes no sense at all, c'mon Dave get the transfer budget sorted and just get the new man in place now for next season.

You are spot on mate. We shouldnt be accepting this interim pish.